Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Castan SD Tecknor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Castan SD Tecknor

AxGAB0r.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a Unique Flagship from system Castagne as part of the CIS (Confederacy of Independent Systems) battle Groups.
  • Image Source: SD Tecknor
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: CIS
  • Model: Prototype Castan designed Tecknor Class
  • Affiliation: CIS (Confederacy of Independent Systems)

• Production: Unique Prototype
  • Material:
    Carbide and Ceramic layered Durasteel Hull
  • Alumisteel and durasteel framework
  • Transparisteel Viewports
  • Turadium Blast Doors/Shutters

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Command Ship
  • Length: 1800 M
  • Width: 1000 M
  • Height: 300 M
  • Armament: Low
    20 super quad turbo lasers (6 each wing top and 4 each wing bottom. (top 6 pic) .
  • 48 turbo lasers on top decks (24 on each side as pictured)
  • 20 turbo lasers on bottom
  • 5 aft turbo lasers

[*]Defenses: Extreme
  • Reinforced Carbide/Ceramic Multilayered Durasteel Hull (more on Advanced System)
  • Advanced Destroyer Class Deflector Shields
  • Redundant Destroyer Class Deflector Shields

[*]Hangar: Moderate 8 fighter/interceptor Squadrons (typical CIS single person fighters)
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average
[*]Speed Rating: Average
[*]Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • SD Class Ion Drives
  • SD Class Hazard and Damage Control Systems
  • SD Class Life Support Systems
  • SD Class Navigational Systems
  • SD Class Sensors and Targeting Systems
  • SD Class Communications Systems
  • SD Class Environmental Control Systems
  • SD Class Tractor Beams
  • SD Class Escape Pods
  • Full spectrum Encryption/Decryption Networks
  • ​Full fire suppression systems on all decks
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Multi layered reinforced hull composed of ceramics, carbon and carbide layers of durasteel to withstand high turbo laser hits if shields fail. The Tecknor is not so much designed as a one on one destroyer but as a sturdy squadron support carrier, able to withstand poundings, while it's fighters are engaged. It's primary purpose is to support its fighters and remain in hot zones while the fighters are engaging, reloading/fueling, and aid in evacuations.
  • Advanced fire suppression on all decks, that include duranium carbide infused ceramic reinforced blast doors.
  • frequency jammer
Strengths:
  • Defensive: The Tecknor is designed to hold the line and remain in defensive position as her fighters are engaging and in action. It's hull is designed to take quite a battering and beating as it is mainly designed as a carrier with extreme defensive weaponry and armor. It is a prototype design and it would take a overwhelming amount of firepower to weaken it and penetrate it's hull. It's sole intent is to provide it's squadron with a home ship to return to; to refuel/reload and cycle it's pilots during sorties and engagements.
Weaknesses:
  • Low Offensive Armament: This Command Ship has a very minor offensive armament, that does little damage on a ship to ship SD Class engagement.
  • Low stand alone planetary bombardment vessel. It is not designed to strike as a destroyer from space with planetary bombardments. It's turbo lasers are not effective on a well shielded planetary defensive target.
  • Prototype: This vessel is more designed as a carrier that uses it's fighters to engage, rather than it's armaments. It's more designed as a support ship for it's fighters, and not a strong ship to ship (SD to SD) destroyer.
DESCRIPTION:

Years of analyzing battle engagements have lead the Castan Admiralty to commission a new prototype destroyer that is designed to hold a defensive position, rather than engage other similar class destroyers on a one on one fight.
It has been reasoned that other destroyers in it's battle group will be taking up the role as an engaging vessel. The idea behind the Tecknor is fighter support and a return base for engaged and spent fighters. As such, the Castan Admiralty commissioned a new type of Star Destroyer. One that could safely transport and deploy it's squadrons and support vessel in both war and skirmishes, along with humanitarian aid. It is not as daunting as a fully armament SD and as such, it is perfect for diplomatic missions as it has the appearance of a less than aggressive SD within it's own battle groups.
The Tecknor is often commandeered by both the IBI and ICI bureaus of Castagne's executive branches in diplomatic missions as a home base.

Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Manufacturer: The Aegis Corporation

Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Length: 1800 M
At this time, the size of a ship that can be produced by a company is limited by its tier per Table 2.0 found in the Starship Template:

GuYRzre.png

Since "The Aegis Corporation" is listed at Tier 2 right now, it does not appear that it would be able to make this ship alone. What you could do though, is have "The Aegis Corporation" listed as a subcontractor to this ship in some capacity and have the CIS actually be the main manufacturer.

Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Armament:24 super quad turbo lasers (6 in row each wing, top and bottom. Top array shown on pic) . 48 turbo lasers on top decks (24 on each side as pictured) 20 turbo lasers on bottom 5 aft turbo lasers
If you'll give this section an overall armament rating please (ex. Low, Average, High, etc) per the template.

Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Hangar: Moderate 10 fighter/interceptor Squadrons (typical CIS single person fighters) 20 drop/transport ships (for troop and/or supplies)
A "Moderate" rating for a ship this size would actually be 8 fighter squadrons per the template.

[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"], now that we have all of the ratings, I can give you a better idea on how to move forward. Overall, we're one rating too high right now.

Based on what you've written, I'd recommend lowering the armament to "Low" to get that final balance. This allows it to match your idea of a ship with ''very minor offensive armament" which would also be less threatening and more suited for those diplomatic missions that you've mentioned.

Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Defenses: Extreme Reinforced Carbide/Ceramic Multilayered Durasteel Hull (more on Advanced System) Advanced Destroyer Class Deflector Shields Redundant Destroyer Class Deflector Shields Electronic Wave disruptors (communications jamming waves)
I'd probably move the communication's jamming device to the special features, since it's more of an offensive tech than a defensive one. With that, I'd recommend looking at the communications jammer wookiee category page to pick out a specific device, and as a personal recommendation, I'd suggest using a frequency jammer.

Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Hangar: Moderate 8 fighter/interceptor Squadrons (typical CIS single person fighters) 20 drop/transport ships (for troop and/or supplies)
It's generally okay to list a few noncombat shuttles in the hangar area, even though technically the hangar is specifically for fighters according to the template. With that said, 20 drop or transport ships is probably a bit much to list in this area, especially if they're actually combat craft landing troops into hot zones. Because of that, I'd probably completely remove the mention of drop or transport ships in this section. If you want to have a few noncombat shuttles in the ship, I don't think anyone's going to mind. But if it's going to be using combat dropships to deploy troops en masse, those will likely take up some of the fighter squadrons.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Shoot... I thought I was out of the woods... :eek:
Sigh.. that's what I get for skipping Fleet Armament classes at the academy. :(

Ok, bare with me as I do apologize for my shortcomings on these big boats. I've changed Armament to Low and reduced the amount of quad turbo lasers. Also, took your advice on putting down Frequency Jammers on the armament (took it out of defensive).
Totally got rid of the 20 drop ships/transports.

Uhm... say, have you had coffee yet?... There's a little StarBucksr nearby...
Ahem....right.
MEh1TQp.jpg

Sorry, I was being out of line with that. I know you judges are conditioned to resist bribes.
Just still want to let you know I really appreciate your help on this. Seriously.
Ok...all business then...back to the sub. :)

;) Call me...

Looks pretty solid.

Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Armament: Low 20 super quad turbo lasers (6 each wing top and 4 each wing bottom. (top 6pic) . 48 turbo lasers on top decks (24 on each side as pictured) 20 turbo lasers on bottom 5 aft turbo lasers frequency jammer
If you'll move the frequency jammer from the armament section to the "Advanced Systems" area, we should be all set.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Oh frak!.... :eek:
This project has just gone over budget by....a LOT!

Look... *pleading soft voice* ...can you just let this little detail slide..just this once? I won't tell. Honest.
...I mean, well, my father's gona kill me for god's sake!.
02N1grG.jpg

Ok, well not literally kill me, but he's certainly gona take me off the engineering team. :(

Sigh...fine. *eyes make a circle*
I ordered the change, Admiral.
It most likely cost me my position as engineering team leader, thank you very much...but the changes are completed, as you requested.

Psst...don't forget to call me.
U1F4oVQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom