Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carida Civil War

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Hey everyone,

So I've been working on getting some things going for this world and try and improve upon what has already been done.

In my research I've come across the Invasion that took place on Carida a long while back
The number of little skirmishes that have taken place
The apparent random number of companies and corporations and people who travel willy nilly or just build stuff in the system likely under everyone's noses.
Oddly enough though despite all that there hasn't been much mention of its government or anything like that. Other than that a few people have been its Senator.

Well I decided to add another little arc to the big Red Dawn that ties in with the dissolution of the Imperial remnant and the possible assimilation/absorption of certain imperials like myself into the Republic.

So first is this private thread that I started up that details IC a lot of the back ground stuff going on and the situation. Its almost done so have a look at it again when I get back around to it tomorrow and there will be more to it.

Once that is concluded though I would like to start a faction thread and go from there.

For now though on top of that I've worked up this bit of history and would like some C & C.

A Brief History WIP

Carida
A world where a number of great historical figures and moments had occured in its system.
In 406 ABY the Ancient A.I. Omni awoke deep in catacombs beneath the surface of the world.
Its power far surpasses that of present day A.I. capabilities and after being enlisted to help rebuild the galaxy the world of Carida and its star are reborn and terraformed through methods now lost to time.
It was subsequently resettled sometime between 425 ABY and 450 ABY. It is suffice to say that despite the broken record keeping the world of Carida had once again been populated.
When Gulag plague hit a group of nobles

In 737 ABY the world of Carida began to experience an increase in birth rates along with an observed resilency to the Gulag Vrius.
All the while the Virus began to weaken and slowly recede across the galaxy.
During the dark age of the Gulag Plague the government was that of a Monarchy.
The Caridan Monarchy ruled its people with an iron fist.
It spread the belief that its dynasty had been given the divine right to rule through the darkness and guide them through to the next era.
In many ways this self appointed belief would ring true.

In 753 ABY a new king would take the throne and unfortuantely for the royal military he would be a terrible king.
A mad king who sought to purge those percieved to be his enemies.
Eventually there would be those who would rise in opposition to the king.
These would be the Republicans, men and women who sought to establish a more democratic society one that would adhere to the ideals of meritocracy.
Civil war would break out as those of the Republicans would overthrow the Monarchy in the course of six years in what would be called the Blue Revolution.
As 759 ABY drew to an end the newly established Republican Government would do well in shaping its future.
However the first signs of what would later be deep corruption were seeded by the early legislators being those of
influential and powerful merchants and militarists who had won the war.

By 835 ABY
Carida was up until now a planet ruled by Oligarchs with private armies rather than a unified military.
A republic in name but hardly all that free of the democratic ideals.
As factions arose in the midst of the chaos the world of Carida was absorbed into the Galactic Republic.
The rulers of the world sold away their planet by allowing multiple corporations and companies, different outsiders would have a stake in its influence.
Carida's military no longer really existed. Having grown fat on the Galactic Republic's protection the world hardly saw a need for having its own defense and relied heavily
on the Galactic Republic's military.

Shortly after 838 ABY after the sacking of Coruscant the planet of Carida became a target of the rising power of the One Sith and was attacked.
The Galactic Republic would establish military bases on the planet of Carida an denforce their position on the world.
The events of the Great Disappearance as some call it or the to those who truly knew what it was, the Netherworld, had brought further chaos upon the galaxy. As government were swept away and worlds fell outside the sphere of influence of the great powers.
Carida's leadership with many of it prominent members being taken into the darkness along with a number of the populace lost.

With the election of the Galactic Republic Prime Minister Lasedri would grant the Imperial Remnant aslyum in the Carida System.
The world's government would find itself in an uncomfortable situation where outsiders were in its system.
Carida had a long time ago been an Imperial world, before its terraformation and rebirth.
The world would find itself increasingly operating in a joint enviroment as the Imperials worked alongside the Republic's military to maintain security in this system.
The world's government though would find itself embroiled in a societal shift.
The underclass had long been ignored by the greater galaxy...

In early 844 ABY the world would find itself split once more.
A fast series of events occur.
The Oligarchry sent a loud and bombastic [member="Tonald Drump"] as Senator for Carida. He had ran on a camapign of making Carida great as well as the Galactic Republic even greater.
What many refer to as Selectivism had permeated within the underbelly of the people of Carida as many of its Citizens would find themselves
When Prime Ministers Lasedri's attacked first in a covert operation and then in an all out offensive to destroy the Imperials were forced to fight on the world agaisnt the Clone army.
Selectivsts on the world rose up and insurrection led to a messy war.
The Imperials however became embroiled in their own civil conflict as a battle of warlords broke out in space around Carida.
With the Galactic Republic's military spread thin and the small number of forces stationed on the world it was impossible to contain the situation.
Matters became worse when orders direct from the Prime Ministers office divided the Republic's forces. The order was to support the selectivist protesters.

Caius Flavian

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Not yet as this is all prelims.
Plus the focus here in part 1 and soon part 2 won't be so much the outside influences as part 2 should be in the span of a single day.
Part 3 I'm aiming for once the new government gets settled in then the renewal of contracts and outside businesses can resume after revisiting them. Likely recall of Tonald Drump and preferably find another writer to pick up as a senator for Carida.

Ideally though I want to in the long term build the world up into a fortress system as a lynchpin the Republic's defenses.

Caius Flavian

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Well I've reached out and no ones really chimed in. For now I'm just going to exclude any mention of their belongings and such until later on after the conclusion this little arc.

I would welcome your CSAF commandos participation on the ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom