Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Careful What You Wish For (Kiara)

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
The small shuttle, lightly armed and relatively unimpressive, slid out of hyperspace above Dagobah. Inside the cockpit, Sith acolyte Otium Mentis pressed the various buttons in a completely random order, somehow managing to not detonate the ship. Instead, by some miracle, the ship made it into Dagobah's atmosphere and settled down in the swamp.

"What a ride!" Otium said as he tumbled out of the shuttle. He stood up, wiped swamp slime distastefully from his clothing, and looked around.

"Wow," he said, "Get a look at this dump." Otium put his hands on his hips and looked around, unimpressed.

"Well, its easily fixed," he said, kicking a rock, "Put up a shelter, spread some blood and gore, and it'll be better than home!" Suddenly, Otium sensed something. He looked around again, cautiously. He was not alone out here.

The swamp of Dagobah was not a place for kids. For acolytes. Somehow, they managed to slip past the sense of reality and make their way on the planet. It happened many times before, and continued to, no matter how hard anyone tried to stop them. Well, at least one person tried to stop them. Her, and the several thousand monsters who would eat you alive in minutes. There were sounds among the thick fog and sloshing slime they called water, sounds of terrible beasts looming about, ready to snatch someone by the neck.
Luckily, for Kiara, it wasn't about to get her. There was a terribly dark aura surrounding her home, and inside of that, a twisted, confusing mess of strands of almost every type of force power there was. Witch, dark, grey, light, white, trickster. It was like bits and pieces were all chosen and somehow managed to glue themselves together. That was Kiara.
Kiara owned a hut in the swamp, which had been well protected in it's coverings to make it seem like nothing more than a small hill. Inside, there laid screens and droids, as well as various foods and different items you'd find in the real worlds. It was a scattered mess, an organized chaos. Her electric blue eyes flickered over the screen as a ship landed in her view. It seemed he knew just as well as she did that they were not single. Not alone.
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
Before Otium could figure out what it was that he was sensing, there was a roar from somewhere behind him. He slowly and dramatically turned. There it was, some sort of massive reptile that would have been twice as tall as Otium standing on the tip of its thrashing tail. It roared at him again with a mouthful of fangs. Otium just laughed madly.

"Ooooo, a new friend!" he said, he got in to his familiar combat stance and the air began to crackle with the building electricity. The creature lunged, but as it approached, it was shoved back by a blast of force energy. Otium retracted the hand that had concentrated the Force blast, and reared back. As the creature roared a third time, Otium let loose. His blast of Force lightning was not as powerful as others, his mind not totally in the madness that came with combat and adrenaline, but with all the nearby water it didn't matter. The blast struck the creature right in its mouth, cooking it from the inside. It was dead in seconds.

"Yippee!" Otium said, jumping up and down and clapping once, "Wasn't that fun?"

What an undisciplined little boy. Kiara adjusted in her seat of her heated bed and flipped a few gears into her hand. A special project. A droid made out of gears, whenever she could find enough of them. She wound it up slowly and carefully, then closed her eyes as it whirred in her hand lively. She put it to the side and stared back into the tiny screen that allowed her to see the boy.
Pathetic ability, pathetic measurements. It's like he was trying to waste all of his energy. With another groan of her hermitly voice, she stood with just her metal staff in hand and went to her table to work on something new as the young boy had his fun.
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
Losing interest in the smoking hulk that had once been a creature, Otium turned his attention back to what he had sensed. Yes, there it was again. It was like a ball, or sphere, of darkness somewhere nearby. There was someone strong in the Force at the center of it. Otium smiled. Maybe this person had knowledge, the single thing Otium craved in life. The voices in his head agreed; they could feel the darkness too. Otium began walking towards the sphere of darkness. It took him a bit, as he stopped every few feet to examine a tree, something he had never before seen in his life, but eventually he reached a small hut. His eyes widened with awe and happiness. He ran up and knocked on what served for an entrance.

"Heelllooo?" he said, still whacking the door, "Anybody home!" He continued to rap on the door.

There was a small silence from what Kiara provided, but soon a soft scraping of wood on dried dirt came forward, ever so slowly. Opening the door, stood a woman who's age was hidden behind a thick dirty blue robe, and red hair flying against her tanned freckled face. She stared forward for a moment from the dark, like two blue orbs trying to make sense of what was going on.
"We're closed," Kiara spoke in a gravely voice as one tip of the staff pointed to the various droids behind her. "Come back tomorrow and I can see what's wrong with your droid."
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
Otium fell forward slightly when his hand didn't have anything to hit, and he jumped back a little from the woman who opened the door. As he stared back at those big blue eyes he recognized that this woman was the source of the dark energy he could sense, though she was obviously trying to get rid of him. Of course, Otium didn't see it that way. His deluded mind assumed that the woman feared spies, and he would have to covertly attempt to gain entrance.

"Oh, I apologize," he said a little louder than usual, holding out his hands, palms up. His crazed eyes twinkled with amusement like a child, "I wasn't aware of your visiting hours."

With two sideways glances, Otium leaned towards the woman, blocking his mouth with his hand to keep his voice low.

"Don't worry, I wasn't followed," he said, "We are clear to proceed."

Otium continued to glance somewhat nervously around.

Crazy. What other way could possibly explain this child? His signature was that of what she expected. It was a less likely chance to meet a normal working person than it was to meet someone who knew plenty of the Force. This was no exception to the rules of logic in the galaxy. Kiara's straight, unknowing expression kept still as if it were a rock. A rock that could talk, and have moving lips. "What are you talking about?" Her voice continued after the crazy boy's whispering.
As obvious as it was that the boy had a mechanical gear twisting idea of what was going on in his head, Kiara didn't want to bother trying to decode it. It was a waste of time. A waste of energy for her aging form. With a grunt following her question, she slapped the wood with the butt of her staff, letting it slowly creek close. "Come back tomorrow. I can't help you today."
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
"Don't worry, you can talk to me," Otium said, again in a whisper. Then the woman closed the door in his face! Otium's rage began to build.

"How rude!" he yelled, "Well blast you too, you witch!" The voices in Otium's head yelled at him, telling him to blast the door off its hinges and kill the insolent woman. However, Otium's rage began to die down. Mood swings were a part of his condition, and he was experiencing one now. The voice of Peace was in his head now, the woman in white robes pulling on his arm, guiding him towards a patch of somewhat dry ground nearby.

Come now, she said, You are tired, alone, and far from your home. Sleep, and recover your strength. For some reason, Rage seemed to agree.

Rest will make us more powerful for the coming battle, the big Sith warrior said, yawning, Even the greatest of warriors sometimes needs a break. Fear had nothing to say that was worth listening to. Otium let Peace pull him to the patch of ground, and set about making himself comfortable. Wrapping the Force around himself protectively and beginning some calming techniques, Otium lay on the ground and soon was fast asleep.

One way to get rid of your problems was to ignore them. It seemed to work out this time. Kiara continued to work for several more minutes, until nearly a hour passed, then she came out of the hut quietly and began to make her trip out into the thick swamps to gather clay and sticks for the next few hours.
It was a tough job, being a modern day hermit.
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
Otium's eyes snapped open as his Force sense picked up something moving. At first he thought it was an animal, and scrambled to a crouch ready to defend himself, but then he realized what had brought him from his slumber. The nugget of dark energy that was the rude woman had moved away. It was no longer there, shining like a beacon. He extended his senses, and detected it somewhere off in the swamp. An insane smile began to creep up on his face. When the cat's away, the mice will play. He began to move towards the now-empty hut, his senses up for any indication that the woman was returning. When he reached the hut and she had not returned, he smiled again and slipped inside.

The woman's hut was full of various pieces of machinery, as well as a small screen that showed the shuttle he had arrived on. Otium felt himself getting frusturated. The woman had known he was here the entire time! She was very rude indeed. Otium pressed various buttons, trying, as he always did, to learn what they did. Of course, he couldn't decipher what they did. His training had been based on the Force, not technology. Otium continued to rifle through the hut for any clues as to who this woman was or what the heck she was doing out here.

Buttons? What buttons? Kiara's hut wasn't like normal ones. It simply was, at times. The screens had no buttons, no switches, no levers. They just were. Droids hung from the ceiling, dis-activated or torn apart, and several pieces laid on the ground. There were old outfits on the shelves where they could be fit. Whole crews of outfits, boots, canteens, and empty weapons, all neatly thrown into the chaos. There were a few safes which had no purpose but to hold more toys, and various jars and pots around, holding liquids or foods. It wasn't really that special.
Except maybe a button under some dirt, sealed inside the fire that warmed the bed. That would be the only important thing in the entire place. Kiara worked as she could in a timely manner, gathering and collecting. It wasn't long before she turned to come back.
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
Otium's investigation of the hut turned up little but a bunch of junk. There were no datapads, or holodiaries, or anything that could advance his knowledge of the Force or the galaxy. Otium was disappointed. There was nothing of use here. Still, he thought in his insane mind, it would be rude not to call to attention the lack of knowledge in this place. He would suggest a few good books, they would really make this place better. Then, a thought occurred to him. Why should he not take this place for himself? It was roomy, and with his shuttle he could travel around, finding knowledge to fill this place. With the right tools, he could spend many years searching this swamp for the knowledge he always craved. It would be perfect.

His decision made, Otium sat on the bed, appreciating its warmth, and began to bounce up and down, humming to himself. When the woman returned, he would inform her of the new arrangement, for she would need time to seek shelter elsewhere.

Kiara came back not too long, and in her arms were a generous pile of sticks and clay. Without acknowledging the boy in her hut, she put her clay to a side, then threw her sticks in a corner, before going back to work as if nothing had ever happened or changed. It wasn't like his presence was hurting her or anything.
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
The woman's passivity when she walked in was surprising, but acceptable. No doubt she understood that Otium was here to stay, and was not going anywhere. As long as she didn't mess with anything, Otium could tolerate her presence. Sliding off the bed, he looked around at the various scraps of metal and droid parts scattered around. Those woul never do. He needed to start over, from scratch, to make this a fitting residence for a lord of the Sith. Otium began to pull down and gather up the scraps and parts on the ground and hanging from the ceiling. He plopped them down in a heap near the door and looked at his handiwork.

"There," he said out loud, "Much better." Wiping his hands off on his pants, Otium walked out of the hut and towards his shuttle. His next order of business was to return to Korriban. He knew just what this place needed to be turned into a real Sith stronghold: a holocron.

Oh. Good. He was gone. Without so much as looking behind her, a hand swiped up, and with several black points of the Force she rose and reconnected what was moved back into it's proper place. It was more lazy work, but at times it was needed. Especially if you didn't want to re-do months of work for some brat.
From what seemed like two minutes of work inside of the hut, the hermit was gone. Or rather deep inside of the ground of Dagobah, and not coming out. Her hut had became filled with dirt as if it were packed for centuries, and the door was missing. So much for a new home.
[member="Otium Mentis"]

Otium Mentis

O
[member="Kiara"]
Otium was getting ready to board the shuttle again when he felt the Force presence move again, then disappear. Not really worried about the woman but about the circumstances of her disappearance, he returned to the hut. The crazy witch had filled it up with dirt! Otium was really angry now. How dare she! Roaring he turned and blasted a small tree apart with a burst of Force lightning. He continued like that for several minutes, blasting apart several trees before he finally calmed down. He stared at the now dirt-filled hut, wondering how to salvage it. Then he realized that it was no use. The dirt inside was too packed down to do anything with. Oh well, so much for that plan. Still, it would be nice to learn how to do that. But, that was a focus for another time. Now, he had to get a new shelter together. That meant he could not go to Korriban yet. Some people would have simply left, but in Otium's deluded mind this was his home now, and he had to fix it.

Rummaging around in the shuttle, he found some tools, including a cutter. He then walked out and set to work. His plan was to cut up as much of the former hut as possible, taking sections from the walls and possibly tying them together to form a basic lean-to until he could leave and return with some real tools and supplies. He set to work, peeling sections from the wall and piecing them together as best he could, lashing them together with vines and some ropes that he found in the shuttle. It took a while, and he had to scavenge a lot from the nearby foliage, but eventually he was done. The shelter was crude, but it kept out the rain and with some logs flash-dried with a precise application of the Force and a quick burst of force lightning, he had a cheery fire going. Otium sat in his crude shelter, the fire warming him, and began to meditate. He would wait one night to make sure he could survive out here, then in the morning he would take the shuttle, use the coordinates stored in it, though it would take a while to figure out how to access them, then fly to some planet where he could get building tools, like a more powerful cutter. Then he would use trees to begin making his new home.

OOC: when do we get to the part where you train me?

Being that the dirt was all dirt now - ever single bit, but the remaining ash, it wasn't a very good structure once it was taken apart. In fact, it seemed more like a piece of crumbling cake that would buckle at any point. Kiara was far, far away, in a different hut of the exact same style. Everything had been replaced, and now she could fish more often.
Perhaps it was for the best. She was getting old. She could spoil herself when things went wrong.
[member="Otium Mentis"]
OOC: You must convince me to train you. A hermit does not share knowledge with those who demand and attempt to steal.

Otium Mentis

O
OOC: Ok, I know where this is going. First off, I demanded nothing, and stole nothing. I came in, was not asked to leave, and was pretty much allowed to make myself at home, so my character, in his deluded mind, assumed he was permitted to make the place his home. Remember, he's insane. Secondly, my character did not come seeking training, he found you by accident. While I know he was there for training, he doesn't. If you don't give him a reason for it, he's not going to ask. To do so would be completely against his personality. Also, you never gave me an opportunity to ask. My character literally and figuratively walked up to the door and knocked, and what did you do? You basically slammed the door in his face. It would have taken a single five word or less sentence, something like, I don't know, "Who are you?" or "What are you doing here?", and he would have told you that he sought knowledge and we could have gone from there. Instead, you left. Then, when he walked into the hut, you could have, if you really cared, said, "What are you doing?" or "Why are you here?" Instead, you just ignored him. So, he begins doing what he would do in his delusion that the place is his now. And, instead of saying "What are you doing?" or something as simple as "Who do you think you are?" you again just leave. Can you see how that sends a signal to me that you don't care? It tells me that you are expecting me to go out of my way and against my character if I'm to be allowed to train. Training need to be mutual. You never gave me a solid chance that worked with my character. No communication=frustration. Now, what is your view?

[member="Kiara"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom