Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CAR-17 Variable Blaster Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
EL-16HFE_blaster_rifle.png

Image Source: Here
Intent: To make a commercial blaster for Corellian Arms to sell
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Corellian Arms (A subsidiary of Corellian Engineering)
Model: CAR-17
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Minor
Production: Mass Produced

Material: Durasteel
Classification: Heavy Blaster Rifle
Size: One Handed / Two Handed
Length: 75 cm (Stock folded / Removed), 1 m (Stock extended)
Weight: 3.8 kg

Ammunition Type: Gas Canister, Power Cell
Ammunition Capacity:

• 150 (Gas Canister) / 50 (Power Cell) - Single Shot
  • 325 (Gas Canister) / 100 (Power Cell) - Burst Fire
  • 650 (Gas Canister) / 150 (Power Cell) - Full Auto
Effective Range:
  • 400 meters - Single Shot
  • 275 meters - Burst Fire
  • 150 meters - Full Auto
Rate of Fire: Variable
  • Single Shot - 25 RPM
  • Burst Fire - 120 RPM
  • Automatic - 300 RPM
Special Features:
Firing Mode - The CAR-17 has three firing modes; single shot, four-round burst, and fully automatic. The more shots fired from the rifle, the weaker the individual shot is. This extends operation use in normal combat situations as the weaker bolts require less gas and power to generate

Corellian Made - As a Corellian Arms product, the CAR-17 is expected to be modified. Thus the individual parts of the gun are relatively easy to replace, allowing users to better customize their weapon of choice.
Description: Corellian Arms has begun operations again, thanks in large part to the stabilizing of its parent company Corellian Engineering. Deciding that a good place to start business with would be a blaster rifle, Corellian Arms set out to make a blaster rifle that emphasized that typical Corellian design - namely rugged, reliable features and easy customization. To that end, the CAR-17 is a variable blaster rifle which allows its user to operate it as a long-range marksman's rifle, a medium range assault rifle, or a short-range carbine. Many of its features, such as rate of fire, effective range, and even ammunition capacity, are modular enough that an avid gunsmith could easily tinker with the weapon and alter these to their desire.

Other than a durable construction that will weather sand, ice, or humidity (Corellian Arms makes no durability claims on modded weaponry), it functions like a standard blaster rifle. Corellian Arms decided that it would be better to start operations again with a basic, safe product to secure business income before R&D begins on more sophisticated designs. So for now the CAR-17 is a relatively basic, but reliable, rifle for use in the field waiting for aftermarket modifications or further work from Corellian Arms to bring it to its full potential.
Primary Source: N/A

Ayden Cater said:
Effective Range: 400 meters - Single Shot 275 meters - Burst Fire 150 meters - Full Auto
Can you drop these to 300, 200, 100 respectively.

Ayden Cater said:
Manufacturer: Corellian Arms (A subsidiary of Corellian Engineering)
Can you link CEC's Approved Company Sub. I know you got it, but rules is rules.

Those two things and this is good to go.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Several blaster rifles have effective ranges of 300 meters or more, while there are a number of carbines or SMGs have effective ranges up to 150 meters or more. While there are several sniper rifles that have considerably longer ranges, since this is a variable weapon I knew going in that it wouldn't come close to getting that kind of range. So I felt that 400 meters was a good place for a single shot mode. So what's wrong with the ranges I have?

I did link CEC's company sub for you.

[member="Ayden Cater"]
Honestly, the E-11 was Optimum 30 meters a few weeks ago. That said I think I misunderstood your intentions.

I was under the belief that this is one weapon with a Fire Select Switch. But it seems that isn't the case given your response.

Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom