Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Nexu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sideshow-Captain-Rex-Phase-II-hero.jpg

Link
Name: Nexu
Loyalties: 21st Nova Corps
Role: He is the commander of the 21st Nova Corps, and answers to Vi'kas. At first, he is just another subordinate, but begins to become a longtime friend of Vi'kas, as well as someone he trusts.
Species: Human
Force-Sensitive: A little, can sense attacks that are coming.
Appearance: He wears a full set of white and blue ARC trooper armor. Without armor, he is in prime physical condition and has a scar running down the left side of his face.
Personality: Always calm and cool-headed. Has a high sense of honor, and is loyal to those who gain his loyalty (In this case, Vi'kas)
Weapon of Choice: Blaster Pistols
Wealth: Enough to live off of, not enough for luxury.
Combat Function: An elite fighter, highly trained in melee combat. Is extremely competent with his dual blaster pistols, and not great at long-range combat. He is a master tactician, and a brilliant commander.
Skills: Learned combat skills from the Mandalorians at a young age.
Notable Possessions: His two blaster pistols, and his armor.
Other Notes: He was born on Concordia, and raised as a Mandalorian from Clan Vizsla. He was the best martial artist in his age group, and was also very skilled at melee combat and war tactics. He eventually went off on his own, and joined the Imperial military. He was part of an elite fighting force, and eventually became a Captain. His fierceness in battle gave him the nickname of "Nexu." He was then pulled from his unit by Vi'kas Mirtis to join the 21st Nova Corps, and became its commander.

[member=Vi'kas Mirtis]

Vi'kas Mirtis said:
Combat Function: An elite fighter, highly trained in melee combat. Is extremely competent with his dual blaster pistols, and not great at long-range combat. He is a master tactician, and a brilliant commander.
Being an elite fighter means he has a lot of combat experience and skill in the field. He's not only highly trained for melee combat (which potentially puts him on par with a Jedi Knight) but is also extremely skilled as a gunslinger. Even if he's not great at long-range combat that suggests he's not bad at it either. With that you gave him the ability to devise tactics and masterfully plan battles whilst being brilliant in leading his own men.

My interpretation is this guy is Sun Tzu combined with a Spartan. That's a no-no. Not to mention he's force-sensitive to boot.

I'm sorry, I don't see how substantial changes can be made without practically inventing a new character all together. I'm going to have to deny this. If you want, take it to second chance. My suggestion, however, would be to simply make a new -- more balanced -- submission for the leader of your unit.

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

(Probationary stuff)

[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]

Anja makes some very good points here and I support the denial for this NPC.

Keep in mind, NPCs are meant to be fluff and filler in the story of your PC characters. When you submit an NPC that is a "master of this and elite skills of that" it stands to be seen as a proxy of power for you to use when your PC char isn't up to par.

NPCs should be balanced with strengths and weaknesses just as much as PC chars, if not more so.

Like Anja said, you are welcome to second-chance this NPC sub, but I would recommend some heavy edits, toning down the character strengths and giving him equivalent, solid weaknesses before you do. Remember, you can always PM a Codex Judge or an experienced friend on the forum your sub before submitting it here to get feedback.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom