Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Capable-class Heavy Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
kFSlt6F.png

Capable-class Heavy Frigate

Image Source: http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/File:HuntressShip.gif
Affiliation: Zorr'awam dot'this
Manufacturer: Loronar Corporation
Model: Capable-Class
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Turadium
Classification: Assault, Transport, Enforcer

Length: 400m
Width: 175m
Height: 175m

Armament:
Hangar: 1 Squadron of Needle Fighters (24 Needle Fighters total)

Special Features:
Maneuverability Rating: 10
Speed Rating: 8
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:
  • Durable: Low Maintenance costs, can take enough hits before becoming disabled
Weaknesses:
  • Non-Capital: Designed only to fight Freighters and small Frigates, doesn't do a lot of damage to anything bigger than it
Description:
  • Crew: 1,500
  • Cargo Capacity: 25,000 tons
  • Passengers: 1,000
  • Counter Measure Capacity: 50 flares
  • The Capable-class was a design made for Loronar Corporations fleet, and be the mainstay ship. It's reasoning is to lead many of its Droid Frigates into battles as leader ships. They are not command ships, but they are the Loronars mainstay battleships, also second as basic pirate ship. The Capable-class are toughened to take more blows and continue to dish out damage. The Needle Fighters are launched individually from individual Launch Bays on the sides of the rear of the ship.
Development Thread: If Needed
Intent: Give Loronar Corporation an enforcement frigate to protect their property, and optionally make money off of selling them

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], looking this over one more time, I have one more question:
Hangar: N/A

Special Features:
  • 6 Needle Fighter launch bays (3 on each broadside, located on the rear of the ship)
Can you tell me a bit more about the Needle fighter launch bays? How many Needle fighters total does the Capable-class carry? Same goes for the Cyclops-class Cruiser.

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], it's perfectly fine to carry those Needle fighters in a single fighter launch bays. As per the template though, it has to be listed as a squadron. In other words:

Huurblugg Pos said:
Hangar: 1 Squadron of Needle Fighters

I would add in the description then each needle fighter is launched from its own individual bay. As a brief aside, 6 fighters per a ship this size is pretty small. I recommend making it at least a single full squadron of 12 ships. I could even see 2 squadrons of twelve Needle Fighters for a ship this size.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Needle Fighters are not actually fighters, they are the size of people, they don't use Hangars. They are remote controlled drones. I don't want them to affect special features since they are no different from sensor probes being launched from a ship.

Huurblugg Pos said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

Needle Fighters are not actually fighters, they are the size of people, they don't use Hangars. They are remote controlled drones. I don't want them to affect special features since they are no different from sensor probes being launched from a ship.
The Wookiee article states that they are "remote controlled" starfighters.

Adding them to the hangar count won't affect any of your special features.

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], I hate to be picky, and we used to list carried craft individually, but according to the updated starship template, the needle fighters should be listed by number of squadrons rather than number of ships:

Hangar: (Please provide the amount of fighters this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of Special Features should be. This submission's Max Squadron Count: 2. Optionally, Feel free to provide a list of names for your squadrons, like the notorious Red Squadron. Alternatively, you may swap squadrons for Vehicles or other items of note.)
In other words, like this:

Hangar: 1 Squadron of Needle Fighters (12 Needle Fighters)

[member="Gir Quee"]

They shouldn't count as fighters, as a minimum size fighter with pilots is usually 10x a Needle fighter, or up to 20 meters. Is this going to affect the Cyclops if I want a hangar bay with fighters?

Edit: Not much has differed from what I originally wanted with the Needle fighters. I was allowed to add more, and I think on the Cyclops all Squadrons are up to count 3, and the limit is 3. I think I'm all set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom