Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't outrun a Sith

Viru sat cross legged in his personal study on Ession. The man wore nothing but a pair of pants as his muscular torso was laid bare. His labs were on different planets Viru could not risk being around them to often while still training beneath the avatar of Darth Krayt. It would draw to much attention, his associates had already been effected by the dark energy that the holocron emitted before. They had begun to loose sleep, production had started to fall behind. They even began to avoid Viru's room altogether leaving the man to have to get all his reports by walking down to the lab. It was concerning just how much they had been effected by it. So he had bought a mansion far from the city, it sat high on a hill overlooking the sea. It granted him a place to train without being disturbed by others and the prying of nosy neighbors. He could not risk the Sith figuring out what he had attained. If they did they'd never stop hunting him, and no planet in the galaxy could keep him safe.

Reaching out with the force Viru touched the holocron with the force and slowly the orange light from it expanded to envelop the whole room. Rising from it the avatar of Darth Krayt rose. Even the avatar seemed to be imposing as it stood there in its Voduun Crab armor staring down at Viru. "Are you finally ready to continue your training?" The gatekeeper asked its voice rumbling.

"Yes master." Viru said with a bow of his head. He had been through so much since attaining the holocron, he had traveled through the Valley of the Dark Lords to XoXaan's tomb, and the scroll he had found there pointed him to tatooine. Viru led a squad of mutants to kill the Krayt dragon that had been protecting the holocron, and ever since he had trained behind it. He had been broken down in the Jundland wastes of Tatooine, and the avatar had served to reform him.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

It had been in the back of his mind for sometime but now that his strength had reached the point it was on he realized what it all was. He had felt the awakening of the holocron across the galaxy and the more it's user, used it, the easier it became for Erebos to find it. Now it was that time, sitting on the force crystal laced command throne in the bridge of his ship, the doppelgangers lament, through them he had expanded his senses beyond what they normally would be capable of. "Captain, please make preparations for a hyperjump and Ensign open the galactic map." He commanded as he stood up and walked towards the hologram of the galaxy that began to appear in the middle of the bridge and looked over it.
His faceless mask gave nothing, even though it wasn't designed to intimidate it was designed to give nothing of his face to others and to give him an inhuman appearance since it didn't have any visible visors for his sight to look through, seeing with the force made it so he didn't need any.

Once he stood before the hologram he seemed to look over it and he began to circle the hologram before he seemed to almost pluck a world from it. "This world will be the destination." His distorted and deep voice echoed through the bridge and the ensign began to punch up information on the world and it's hyperspace coordinates. "My lord the planet is Ession it's in the..." The ensign began but was cut off by Erebos. "I don't care just get this ship into hyperspace on it's way there." Erebos said as he began to walk off the bridge.

[member="Viru Lentus"]

"Have you finished the last lesson I taught you?" The avatar asked its eyes boring into Viru's kneeling form. The last lesson Viru had been instructed to practice in was focusing more on his use of telekinesis. Throughout the months of training with the avatar the gatekeeper had noted Viru's inability to succeed with anything outside of force body which he could barely use, and telekinesis which was the only thing he showed promise in. Motioning his hand for Viru to rise Darth Krayt hummed looking down at the apprentice.

"Yes I would not have called upon you if I had not finished the task laid out before me." Viru said "Though I must ask is this not becoming repetitive? Why am I not learning anything else?" Viru asked a bit of agitation in his tone.

"You have not learned more because you have not been deemed ready to learn more of my knowledge! What is the point in teaching one that can't use my knowledge?" The avatar asked with a growl, its eyes seeming to glow.

Viru was glad that over the months he had come to find out that the avatar couldn't do anything to him, at least not physically. The first few months he'd been scared that he'd be choked out or electrocuted by it. Now he simply showed it respect to stroke the gatekeepers ego. It seemed like something that it liked as it had worked so far. "You haven't even given me a chance! Besides the basics of lightsaber combat and telekinesis you haven't taught me anything else!" Viru growled.

Eyes narrowing the gatekeeper bared its teeth. "Bah! Your arrogance will be your downfall! Though we will see how you handle your next lesson." Little did Viru know just what type of trouble he was about to face and how he would need every ounce of his knowledge to survive.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

During the trip to Ession, Darth Erebos worked on his lightsaber forms while also practicing with keeping up several objects of various size and weight around him without moving while he also practiced his forms in saber combat at the same time. He was given notice that the ship was coming out of hyperspace within the Ession system by his Captain's personal visit. "My lord we will be coming out of hyperspace shortly, I have taken the liberty of having a drop ship prept for your personal vehicle from the ship." Captain Pelarious said as he bowed to Erebos with deference, he was one of the few that could speak his mind to the sith lord aboard his ship.
"Thank you Pelarious, As observant as always." Erebos replied as he stopped his practice and returned all the objects back to the places he had raised them from. Once that was done he made his way into the hangar after dismissing the captain.

The Ship shot into existence above Ession and almost as quickly as it appeared it disappeared from sight as it turned it's stealth fields on and began to run silently into the orbit of the planet. The shuttle had left as soon as it was able and made it's way down to the planet bellow. Standing in the bay of the drop ship Erebos meditated and reached out with his mind as he grasped at the strings that had begun to emanate from the holocron and there he grasped one. "Pilot go four degree's west and stop above the large mansion that will come into view." Erebos commanded as he moved to stand ready to leave through the bay doors of the drop ship.

Once the drop ship was high above the mansion the bay doors opened and out spilled Darth Erebos, Jumping out from the open bay he let himself free fall downwards as he aimed himself with the force towards the mansion and as near the holocron as he could aim himself with the force. Once he was drawing close he slowed his fall and bombarded the roof of the mansion with powerful force pushes that loudly announced his presence to [member="Viru Lentus"] as he ripped through all layers until he reached the room were the prize he sought lay.

Viru had been sitting in a meditative pose his legs crossed while his palms rested on his thighs. Around the room pieces of furniture and art floated in the air almost as if trapped in a gravitational pull. They circled Viru incredibly slowly and his face showed how much effort it took for him to balance all the objects at once. Sweat beaded on his brow and just as he was about to give up there was the sound of stone and wood being destroyed from above. The floor shook and Viru's eyes darted open a tingling at the back of his neck was the only warning he was given. Throwing himself out of the way Viru hit the ground on his stomach barely avoiding being obliterated by the power behind the force push. Chips of wood turned into lethal projectiles. Leaning his head to the right Viru barely dodged one of the chips of wood. The warm feeling of blood showed just how close he had been to loosing an eye.

Hands splayed out Viru focused and summoned the force wrapping an invisible grip around the holocron while the other hand reached out for a blaster pistol that he had stashed beneath one of the tables. Both flew into his hands as he rose to his feet squinting trying to see through the dust that had accumulated in the air nearly blinding him. What sorcery is this? Viru thought holding back a fit of coughs. He had bought the mansion quite awhile ago and had it stocked with weapons just in case someone had deemed it worthy to come and rob him, but if he was correct all of them would be useless if he was facing what he thought. Due to his force senses not being well developed Viru could barely feel out the presence of what he was soon to face, but he knew it was a living being. Waving his hand Viru pushed away the cloud with the force allowing him to see who had come in search of him.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

As he crashed through the floors one by one he barely managed to stop himself when he reached the correct floor and stood in the middle of semi crater he had made in the floor with debris all around him. He had felt the concussive blast hit him as he landed and felt out of it for a moment, a moment that passed when [member="Viru Lentus"] used the force to push the dust cloud away to reveal Erebos. "You have something that doesn't belong to you." He said as he took a step forwards and without so much as a twitch made his cross guarded lightsaber fly from his belt into his hand. The black cored, red blade sprung to life with a growling snap hiss and continued it's growling hiss as it's owner began to walk towards Viru.

Moving his other hand Erebos pointed towards the holocron that Viru had on him. "That doesn't belong to you. Give that to me." Erebos commanded as he made his way towards Viru. The tip of his saber cut into the ground and carved a path into the floor.

Viru's blood turned to ice as the voice projected by the helmet sent chills down his spine. The dark energy that the Sith Lord radiated was much stronger than what Viru had felt before. It's invisible weight bared down on Viru's shoulders as the lightsaber was activated. "How do you know what does or doesn't belong to me?" Viru growled leveling his pistol at what he presumed to be a Sith. They were the only one's that wielded those red blades from what he had been told. Backing away slowly closer to the wall Viru kept his eye on the weapon cautious of it and its wielder. "I am the one who found this holocron! It called out to me. I am its rightful owner." Viru said looking up to the hole the man had crashed through. The home was now devastated, it would take weeks, if not months to get all the repairs done. Though thankfully all the damage the Sith had done to the house was enough that Viru could use it against him.

The true reason Viru had been backing to the corner became clear as he reached out a arm at the Sith as though about to choke him, though that wasn't it. On the floor above Viru focused on the chain that held the chandelier. Due to the Sith exploding through the floors it already hung precariously, with just a bit of focus the chain finally snapped. It was near silent before from above the large chandelier punched a new whole in the ceiling aiming to land on the Sith. Raising his blaster pistol Viru released three shots at the sith while he skirted the corners of the room making his way for the doorway that would lead into the wide foyer.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Erebos smirked under his mask when [member="Viru Lentus"] motioned his arm towards him as if attempting to choke him. "I'm one sith that holocron belongs to us, you impertinent child!" He half shouted as he made his steps a little faster but then he shot at him. With a rapid twirling of his saber he sent the blaster bolts effortlessly away from himself but not towards Viru. After that he was about to charge towards the man but the ceiling collapsed and threatened to bury him under the debris that the chandelier had caused to come down upon him. He whipped up a telekinetic barrier around himself to protect himself from the flood of debris that piled on top of his barrier but as he released the barrier in a force repulse he noticed that Viru had used the chance to escape.

"Bad move whelp." He growled as he sent an arch of red Force lightning through his fingers and into the doorway, splintering most of it into fragments. He didn't bother with the slow walking intimidation as before, this time he ran through the doorway and into the foyer. "I'll end you!" He then shouted after Viru as he conjured up another volley of force lightning after him.

Viru could feel the heat from the lightning as he made it through the doorway barely in time. The wood splintered beneath the pressure and power behind the force lightning turning the wood into lethal shrapnel. If Viru had been a mere second slower it would've been him that got hit by the lightning. Casting another look back Viru saw more lightning coming in his direction. He wouldn't be able to outrun it, nor would he be able to block it, so instead focusing on the couch in the corner of the room Viru grasped it in the force and pulled. Sliding across the floor the couch intercepted the lightning though it was fried in the process. The smell of burnt cotton filled the room as the couch caught fire. Breathing heavily Viru glanced over to the next doorway that led to his office, and to the lightsaber he kept there. If he was going to die, it wouldn't be without putting up a fight. It was obvious the Sith was toying with Viru.

The foyer was incredibly large, bigger than some peoples entire homes, and in it was three bookshelves fulled with dictionaries, resource books, and anything else Viru had took a fleeting interest in to collect. There were also three couches, one which was now burning from the lightning, and on the ceiling was another chandelier this one much more solidly bolted to the ceiling. "It chose me because you are not fit for its knowledge!" Viru yelled at the Sith as he reached out to the books on the shelf and flung over a dozen of them at the Sith. Many were hard-backed and far from light. Hoping they kept Erobus busy Viru reached his left arm to his office. With his eyes closed Viru imagined the desk that held the lightsaber, and as it slid open he imagined the lightsaber flying to him.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

"I am not fit!" Erebos shouted, utilizing his outrage at [member="Viru Lentus"]'s words to fuel a force scream to rip through the hallway and turned the books to shreds but the shock wave of the scream dissipated before it reached Viru. "I am a sith Lord of the One sith! I am one of the few worthy of owning that holocron!" He didn't know who the holocron belonged to but he felt it was at least a powerful sith lord that had made it and that was all that mattered to him. He was the Dark council member responsible for gathering all the ancient sith knowledge after all and some whelp would not stop him obtaining that holocron.

Seeing the Lightsaber fly into Viru's hand made Erebos smile wickedly under his mask and he gathered the force into himself to augment his strength and speed. With a burst of speed he closed the gab between them quickly and came in with a powerful sweep aimed at coming in at the side of Viru's shoulder, the intent was to decapitate him right then and there and claim his prize with ease.

Even without being hit by the force of the scream Viru's ears were still ringing from it, the books had indeed been shredded and paper floated in the air. Viru felt the cool metal of the lightsaber land in his palm. The lightsaber wasn't one he had created on his own, instead he had bought it off the black market so when it activated and the green blade came out one could probably mistake him for a jedi. Viru saw the charge coming but the Sith Lord was stronger, faster, more experienced. The sith lord had been dealt the best hand and Viru had nothing besides knowing his own home. He knew victory was impossible but he would not go down without a fight. His will wouldn't let him do such a thing. So as the Sith approached Viru raised the blade to stop the Sith from decapitating him. The force behind the blow caused Viru's bones to shake as he was driven to his knees trying to fight off the weight bearing down on him.

Ever so slowly the blade crept closer to Viru's skin as the Sith Lord kept him pinned. Even with the force and trying to empower himself Viru was in a dire predicament. His breathing quickened and his brows were furrowed in effort. "You only believe yourself worthy." Viru would growl through gritted teeth. With a shift of his weight and blade Viru was able to lean back and let the Sith Lords saber ride down his and into the ground. This was only a momentary break for Viru and he used to to roll backwards. While holding off the Sith Lord's attack did involve Viru's attention a majority of it had been on the Chandelier's chain above them. Not the entire chain but a single link at the top. Finishing his roll Viru would rise to his feet. He knew the Sith Lord could block such a cheap attack, but it was only a distraction. To give Viru time to charge back in a battlecry of his own. Integrating a wide swing from Shii-Cho the blade swung from left to right Viru's legs spreading wide, but with a flick and twist of his wrist he integrated a stab from Makashi. His movements were obviously incredibly clumsy but with more training it could show promise.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Erebos's strike went against [member="Viru Lentus"] own green blade and he felt even more insulted that Viru seemed to be a jedi. However the move that Viru employed to let Erebos's strike eventually slide from the strike into the ground and carved a deep gash into the floor. Looking towards Viru as he raised his hands to bring down the chandelier, raising his hand up towards the falling chandelier and with a flick of his wrist threw it to the side, embedding it in the wall. This hand then moved towards Viru as the stab came towards him. Tendrils of telekinetic energy moved to grip Viru as he was raised up in the air and then thrown back with a powerful force push.
"I am Worthy, you unforgivable whelp!" He shouted as he raised his hand and fire burst into begin around his hand that then burst and began to set fire to Erebos's immediate surroundings as he made his way towards where he had thrown Viru.

The body of the chandalier embedded itself into the wooden wall with impossible force. Viru had no time to pay attention to it as he soon felt the invisible energy pick him up and fling him across the room. Air whistled in his ears as he flew. Curling himself up at the last second Viru turned into a ball taking the brunt of the attack on the side of his body. Hitting the wall everything blacked out for a portion of a second, the room seemed to spin and the smell of burning wood filled Viru's nostrils. The room was beginning to fill with smoke, and it was controlled by the Sith. Gritting his teeth Viru used the wall as support as he rose to his feet lip bloodied. "If you or any of your other One Sith were worthy it would've called to you months ago when I found it." Viru said grunting as he leaned his head against the cool wood. The room was beginning to heat up, and Viru was running out of tricks. Looking over at the chandelier and back as the Sith, Viru knew he couldn't move the object. Though what he could do was use the glass that had been shattered. Not making a hand motion this time Viru stared daggers at the Sith while his mind felt out five large shards of glass. He could imagine them and with a thought they propelled themselves at the Sith Lords right leg.

"None of you Sith are worthy! You do not understand what you originated from! What the purpose was!" Viru would say to keep the man's attention on him while the glass aimed for his leg. "Charging to keep up the distraction Viru would bring his saber down in a cleave aimed to slice the Sith Lord in half. He was quite a bit taller than the Sith and his body was more muscled which he hoped mixed with the force would make up for any strength he was lacking in.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

"It called to me but I was too preoccupied to answer that call. Not anymore." Erebos replied to the first sentence that [member="Viru Lentus"] had said to him, moving his hand back and making the flames shoot down the hallway behind him as he made his way towards Viru. It was clear that Erebos wanted to not only kill Viru now but to burn everything he owned to the ground in the process. "And what purpose was that whelp!" He said then after hearing the second sentence but grunted as a shard embedded itself in his thigh and he brought his blade up to block the cleave aimed to cut him in half.
With only one good leg to support himself, Erebos used his strength to keep the blade from Viru from getting at him. Whoever this was Erebos had underestimated him. "You won't beat me whelp, Surrender now and I'll make your death less painful." He said angrily as he used his anger to fuel his bodies strength to not only meet Viru's own strength easily but to grow by increments beyond it. Bringing his bad leg up to deliver a swift kick into Viru's gut he then moved his other hand to rip out the shard of glass and then began to focus on Curato salva to keep his thigh from bleeding as well as speed up it's healing though not visibly.

Viru could feel his house burning down around him. The time he had spent painting the visage that he was a simple rich man that wanted peace was slowly being ruined. The tapestries that lined the walls burned and the books he had collected with them. The real Viru however cared nothing for these objects, they were nothing but petty items to fulfill ones greed. The greed Viru had once felt had died when he was forced to survive in the Jundland Wastes, this Viru did not care for the home. All he cared for was his own life and the holocron he clutched tightly in his hand. He had no intentions of giving it to this Sith pretender. The Sith Lords words did nothing but egg Viru on more, and as Viru's blade was pushed away he was shocked by the strength the Sith Lord was able to call on in his time of need. Viru was easily overpowered as the blades worked their way back in his direction. What a fool I've been.

Viru felt the kick before he could respond to the Sith Lords words and bent over the air knocked out of him. He wheezed as the smoke made it harder to breath along with the recent hit. He watched as the shard was ripped from Erobus' leg but not willing to let the Sith bring his focus back around Viru screamed and lashed out using his superior weight and height. Still bent over he'd aim to tackle the Sith Lord lifting him off his feet. Using the pit of fury deep in his stomach Viru would summon the force in his body to slam himself and the Sith down and through the floor carrying them to the ground floor below.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Erebos was about to follow up his kick with a diagonal slash down to end [member="Viru Lentus"]'s existence but the whelp charged him and caught him off guard. As the two crashed through the floor Erebos saw his lightsaber shut off and slip from his grasp as he fell down. The Landing was a hard one and the pain shot through his body as he landed on his back, the air rushed from his lungs and he had to take a deep breath but that inhale was turned into a violent cough as he used the force to push Viru away while going almost on all fours while he brought much needed air into his lungs.

The pain and anger over such humiliation only fueled Erebos's powers all the more. Once he had his breathing back up he stood up and brought up his fists and threw a hard punch towards Viru's face. It was now clear that if given the chance Erebos would pummel Viru to the ground only to leave him a withered husk at the mercy of the sith lord.

Thankfully the Sith Lord had taken the large majority of the force when they crashed to the ground. Viru was still shaken from the fall though and wasn't completely uninjured as a thin line of blood fell from his temple. He had just been about to punch Erobus when a force push sent him tumbling off the Sith Lord to land a few inches away. Viru's lightsaber perched precariously on the edge of the hole only a few seconds from falling to the floor where they lay. While the Sith Lords lay only a few feet away from them both. Sitting up Viru reached out a hand to summon the Sith Lords saber to his outstretched palm but caught a fist to the face for his trouble. Loosing his concentration the lightsaber fell to the ground. The punch was hard enough that it rattled Viru and spittle flew from his mouth. Body hitting the floor Viru groaned his lip now busted blood flowing from his mouth. Hand reaching out Viru inconspicuously grasped a large chunk of wood that had broken when he slammed himself and Erobus through the floor. Spinning he'd bring the chunk of wood around in a swing to hit the Sith Lord across the helmet/mask.

He wouldn't wait to see if the attack landed or not as he'd kick out with both his legs aimed at the Sith Lords chest to break them apart. Viru's telekinetic abilities wouldn't work against a Sith Lord. Viru was throwing everything he had at the Sith Lord and was still having his butt served on a silver platter. Using the momentum from the kick Viru would roll backwards onto his feet his right hand reaching to the roof summoning his saber to his outstretched palm. The moment the cool metal, cylinder landed in it he'd leap at Erobus bringing the saber down in a slash.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

As he looked at [member="Viru Lentus"] on the ground after his punch he looked towards his Lightsaber and for a split second thought of using it to end Viru but deciding against he turned back to look at Viru and got a chunk of wood to his head. The wood chunk splintered against the phrik alloy mask but it was enough to rattle Erebos and made him take a step back only to get both of Viru's feet into his chest which sent him flying back into a pile of wooden debris. His leg began to bleed once more as his concentration towards it was broken and he raised his head up to bring one hand against the forehead on his mask while he got through the rattling of his head from the wood chunk.

Looking up he saw that Viru had begun to get his saber back. With unbridled and unrestrained fury he let out a force repulse after gathering the force into him in the span it took Viru to turn on his saber and leaped towards Erebos. The force repulse was unleashed a moment before Viru's saber would have hit him and it threw everything away from Erebos, shattering the wood around him. Standing up Erebos let out a growl of anger as his hands became bathed in force lightning but instead of shooting it forwards at Viru, the lightning began to crawl up Erebos's legs and within the span of two moments it had bathed his entire body, forming a shield around his body.

With an outstretched hand Erebos brought his saber into his hand and as he ignited the blade the lightning barrier around him crawled up the blade as well. "I...will....end....you." Erebos said as the vocabulator in his mask was broken now and his voice was no inhuman, it's distortion was skewed and the tone was deep and almost animalistic.

Viru had never seen such a display of force before and when Erobus loosed it Viru knew just how much he paled in comparison to a Sith Master. The force from the repulse flung Viru backwards along with all the funiture and wood. The floor Erobus stood on was obliterated by the blast and Viru had been thrown completely across the room and into the wall. Colliding with it his eyes widened as his back and head met it. All the air he had was knocked out of him while his vision exploded into a Big Bang. Stars and floaters swam in Viru's vision, sliding to the floor he tried to catch his breath. The lightsaber had been landed a few feet away. His head wobbled on his neck his vision still blurry. Get the license plate of that speeder. Viru thought before shaking his head trying to keep the darkness that swam in the corners of his vision from taking him. Not while the Sith Lord still stood. Viru tried to rise but his muscles and bones groaned in protest. He wanted nothing more than to lay down and die, but then he would not be fit for Darth Krayt's legacy.

"Fine if you want to end it... Here." Viru said holding out the holocron in his left hand. His eyes glazed over and head slumping a bit he didn't seem in any true condition to keep on this marathon battle. "Take it." Tossing the holocron Viru watched it tumble through the air before a smile touched his lip. The palm of his left hand turned upside down along with the one of his right hand. The reason Viru's eyes had been glazed over wasn't because he was crying or on the verge of death but because he had focused all his concentration on the floor above Erobus. Ever since the fight had begun the Sith Lord had wrecked Viru's home, destroyed all manner of support and furniture. A home, even one as big as this could only take so much. Erobus' last repulse had done the last bit of damage it needed. The floor above Erobus shook his flames having weakened the wood enough for Viru to pull down a section of it with the force. This set off a chain reaction, slowly the rest of the floors followed and tons of wood and furniture fell towards the Sith Lord. "Checkmate." Viru growled as he quickly used what strength he had left to summon the holocron back to his grasp and ball up in the corner as the mansion began to collapse in on itself. The best part being that Erobus had created the grave himself, Viru had simply put on the last shovel of dirt.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

A roar of unchecked frenzy was all [member="Viru Lentus"] would hear from the sith lord as the mansion caved in around him. Bringing his entire force power and reserves to bear Erebos tried to build a telekinetic barrier around himself but once the collapse was over he was still exhausted and stuck under tons of wood, stone and other debris. With his force strength all but depleted he got his cold analytical mind back and a smile curled up on his lips. 'I'll give you this one pup but I'm already on the scent and soon enough I will end you.' He thought as he retired into himself and meditated, gathering his strength for the eventual time he would burst forth from the grave Viru had so cleverly manipulated Erebos to make by goading him on.

However the next time they would meet Erebos would be in control and Viru would see the full scope of his abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom