Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of the Damned

Awareness was something that he often struggled to hold onto. Or, at least, he assumed he was a he. Memories of possessing a body, of being able to feel and experience the world, of flesh and blood and bone were rare and fleeting, surfacing amidst the brief lulls within the storm that surrounded his consciousness before being dragged back under alongside himself and the forceful sleep capture him once more. From the few memories he had been able to cling on to, however briefly it had been for, he was certain that he had remembered his body, remembered sand and desert and wind surrounding a naked form, and it was that bit of information that he clung to during the scattered moments of being awake.

At times, he dreamt of the desert, at other moments he dreamt of towering structures made of steel and the void of space. Sometimes, he dreamt of people: a red skinned Zabrak, a cloaked Rattataki, a human with black hair and regal attire as well as someone with black hair and dulled, violet eyes. No names ever came to him though, no matter how much he struggled and fought to find and cling to any knowledge he could claim as his. In the end, his futile efforts would always result in him being pulled back into the stormy waters that kept him captive; a personal cage.

But, as was instinct in all living things, he wished to live, to breathe and experience the world. The brief insight he gained when he managed to fight back to pull of sleep was not enough, was never enough. And, as such, he stopped fighting, he stopped resisting the pull of the deep waters and, instead, let them consume him, let it flow through him and become him. Control over himself was the first thing he had been able to accomplish within the prison-existence he lived within and, as such, he would gain control over the waters after they became him. It took time, for of course it did - rarely was something worth doing done quickly, but for one such as him, who had no name and no life to live, the passage of time was inconsequential; all that mattered to him was that it was working, all that he focused on was his end goal - his freedom.

And so, as the waters that entombed him became him, he became the waters and reached out blindly, for no longer could he focus on singular thought, his mind becoming a mess of numerous thoughts, to many to track, as the nothingness he had lived within since his creation became something, became overwhelmingly powerful and oppressive in its weight. He scrambled defiantly though the waters, seeking, searching for help, for knowledge that would guide him and he struggled.

‘Help.’ Softly uttered with intense need, the single word would reverberate outwards, seeking an open ear, searching for the one memory that had surfaced in that moment - the woman with black hair and regal attire and dark grey eyes and tea and fires and power and debate. ‘Stop me drowning. Help. Find me.'

He knew, instinctively, that he had not begged in years, despite being sure that he had not lived for years. But, now, when he wished to live and be free and experience the world? Now he would beg, now he would plead for he wanted, he needed to Live. He needed help before the ocean consumed him once more, before he was sentenced back to his nothingness or was torn apart by the everything that had invaded the void.

‘HELP ME!’

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
The voice was soft at first, a faint whisper touching her mind. Kay was out for a walk in the forest near her hidden Estate in the mountains. She looked around without turning her head, utilizing her peripheral vision for signs of movement that weren't natural. Yet she couldn't find any.

It sounded familiar as the voice got louder, causing her to stop in her tracks and really look around. Given that she was alone, Kay opened herself up to the Force around her, searching for the source of what she had heard.

This wasn't a trick. That much she knew. It wasn't some elaborate trap being set up to catch her. The urgency in the voice was enough to tell her that. But that didn't help to give any details of the mystery. And Kay loved a good mystery. Well, reading them anyways. Reading mystery holonovels was her favourite hobby next to drinking tea.

Through the aid of the Force, she let her mind connect with the disembodied voice that had reached out to her moments before, the fading presence that she still felt. ~Find you? Do you have any idea as to where you are? What do you see?~

[member="Virak Ip"]

How many times had he screamed out into the deep waters? How many times had he been greeted with silence and nothingness, responses that only fuel his drive? How many times had he felt more and more of his mind, his soul, he torn away and consumed by the deep ocean? How much more must he suffer in his isolation before he heard a response? He had no answers for the questions that stirred at the back of his awareness, determined not to pay them any attention. For he knew, with unending certainty, that to know the answers to the questions would do nothing more than spell his end. The answers that would come would erode his determination, speeding up the rate it which he would be consumed and rendered into non-existence. And, so, he continued to fight and scream, wrestling with the tendrils that sought to insidiously consume him, never ending even as he weakened.

Finally, though, finally he heard a response, a voice reaching back out to him, though the words were not ones that he understood initially, lost and isolated as he was. 'How tiring,' he mused, 'that my salvation has finally came but has ultimately brought with it yet another obstacle to my freedom? How much must I suffer before I am free?'

However, despite the low mood that coiled throughout his entire being, he did not surrender. It was yet another obstacle, yes, but for him who had already fought so much, he struggled to fight all the more. He delved into the fragmented memories he had already accessed, fought and screamed with the ocean and grasp of sleep until he tore new memories from their guard, consuming them, ignoring everything that wasn't related to language, seeking the knowledge that was his on how to understand what was said to him, the words that were spoke in a language he could not know translate and, yet, still utter.

Finally, he found his answers, twisting and stirring the seas into a rage as he rattled the bars of his prison, all the strong for what he had already consume, a low snarl twisting at metaphorical and spiritual jaws. He bit and clawed at his prison, desiring to see where he was, to be able to reply to the inquiry so as to acquire his freedom: that was all that mattered, not the pain he felt at doing so. And, in the end, the bars shattered and he was granted with a vision, a brief glimpse at where he was, before the waters rushed back in and he was trapped once more.

"Find me where the ground quakes and consumes that which is built. Find me in ruins and pain. Find me. Find me. Find me. Find me. FIND ME. FIND ME!"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay's brows furrowed as she focused on the voice, her own essence in the Force reaching out in search for where it was coming from. Images of rolling Darkness and Light, liquid yet solid at the same time came forth. She felt both hot and cold, almost as though the temperatures themselves were in battle. Was it a blacksmith's forge? Veiere had his own to create armour and weapons for them, a place where all of those elements combined. But no, this felt more natural than that, more of a part of the environment.

The voice called out, putting to words some pf what she had seen, and then repeating itself in an echo that grew louder instead of fading away. Kay broke the connection once it got too loud, her eyes snapping back into focus. She knew where she had to go.

A couple of days later, after fetching a private transport, she made her way to the volcanic caves of Mount Gwiinor on Sev Tok. The volcano itself had been sleeping for hundreds of years, yet the caves were still warm. Hot springs dotted the forests indicating the activity deep below the surface. Water and lava, cold and heat. It just had to be the place that she needed to go, the place where she was called to.

Kay chose to go alone, yet she was armed with her holdout pistol, lightsaber and wearing her light armour with it's cloaking device ready to be activated at a moment's notice. She didn't hide herself in the Force. She couldn't do so. Not when she needed to find the one that called to her.

~I'm here...I think. Can you hear me?~

[member="Virak Ip"]

No answer would reach out towards Kay, lost as he now was among the boiling waters that sought to consume him, that had dragged him back under and were tearing him apart piece by piece, forcing him back into his slumber. Still, he writhed in place, unwilling to let the fight be bled out of him, refusing to allow himself to go quietly back into the prison that contained him. No long could he reach out, no longer could he claw and bite at the bars of his jail, no longer could he wrest knowledge and power from the seas of rage, but, he still continued to fight beneath the oppressive waters. Metaphorical fingers grabbed and tightened against any place of sturdiness he could find, fastening around fires and waters, digging in deep as the writhing of his form sent out wave after wave of ripples.

Within the world itself, such a fight for survival was having an influence. Caves that lead deeper into Mount Gwiinor grew unnaturally warm and unnaturally cold, waters in surrounding hot springs boiling and twisting as if being stirred up by something invisible, as if hands were raking through them. Trees were cracked, bark scattered across the forest floor, with some of the suffering deep gashes that looked as if some giant beast had decided to see if it could tear the trunks in half with one sweep of its paw. And, above it all, patches of life were simple gone, grass withered away in large swaths, trees that were naked and without leaves and even patches of rock within the caves that looked as if they had been frozen over despite Mount Gwiinor's history as a volcano - ice sometimes clinging to the sides.

However, the true sign of something unnatural was present within the Force. Further away from the Mountain and it could not be sensed, but, as one drew closer, a sense of forbidding was twisted and woven into the Force, the feeling of darkness and rage, the echoes of a fight that continued to reign. Rather than the whispers of guidance that would reach out from the Force and into the minds of those sensitive to it, here, at the foot of the Mountain, unnatural whispers overrode that of the Force, digging deep into the minds of those that approached, repeating a single phrase over and over, subtly tugging the mind to head in a specific direction.

For Kay, she would recognise the voice and the very same that had cried out to here and feel the tug pull her towards one specific cave, one that had ice clinging to its walls even as the heat blasted forth from deeper in.

In the background, that same phrase continued. "Fine me. Find me. Find me. Find me. Find me."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

The whispers sounded more urgent the closer that she got to the mountain. It was like walking into a strange dream. She was cold, yet the air was hot. The cold came from within and was highly unnatural. Yet still it compelled her onwards, perhaps slightly borne from curiosity.

Kay approached the cave, strange and encrusted in some sort of ice. Was it cold? No. It was something else. Still, she didn't move to examine it. Instead she pressed on, moving further inside as the voice echoed through her mind. She knew that voice. Either through her own imaginations or something else, she knew it. Xavka, Lykos, Sith Lord, Mercenary ..so many names and titles that were carried with that voice.

~I'm here and I'm searching. Won't be long now.~ The pull was what drew her to take a particular path. Still she was on edge. But she was able to watch out for herself at least. So far there was no sign of any other person here. For the most part, she was alone.

[member="Virak Ip"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom