Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Caesar-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Providing the/a flagship for the Mantellian Commonwealth.
  • Image Source: OGame Ship
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Mantellian Commonwealth
  • Affiliation: Mantellian Commonwealth
  • Model: Caesar-class Star Destroyer

• Production: Minor
  • Material:

• Interior: Glasteel (windows), Turadium (blastdoors and bulkheads), Terenthium (deck, walls)
  • Exterior: Quadanium-Durasteel alloys (frame), Quadanium-Duraplast alloys (hull plating), Quadanium steel (weapon emplacements), Titanium (engine units)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification:
  • Length: 1.810 meters
  • Width: 340 meters
  • Height: 280 meters
  • Armament: High

• Main Batteries: 5x triple heavy turbolaser emplacements (on top of the ship)
  • Secondary Batteries: 30x double turbolaser emplacements, 20x double heavy ion cannons emplacements (spread evenly between top and broadsides)
  • Close Combat/Anti-Air: 10x quadruple laser cannon emplacements, 20x double point-defence laser emplacements (spread evenly across the hull)

• Defenses: Low

• Quadanium-Duraplast plating
  • single layered, overlapping ray shields
  • singled layered, overlapping particle shields
  • minor energy sinks

[*]Hangar: Very Low: 2; two hangars on each side for one suadron, two sub-hangars to hold small freighters or shuttles.
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average
[*]Speed Rating: High
  • MGLT: 75 MGLT
  • Atmospheric speed: 900 km/H

[*]Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast Primary: 0.75, Secondary: 6.5
STANDARD FEATURES
'All standard features'

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Internal Bridge
  • Expanded sensor arrays with reserve systems
  • Advanced targetting matrix to sync all weapon systems.
Strengths:
  • The Caesar-class is very fast. Its lack of strong shielding and low complement capacities allows it to expand its engine units and conduct far more energy to the rest of the ships systems. Equally outrunning most similar-sized in hyperspace as in real space.
  • Strong anti-capital ship armament.
  • Strong hull and framework.
Weaknesses:
  • Poor shielding, for its size and combat role, the ship features a very weak shielding, easily overcome by firepower focused enemy ships.
  • Minor anti-aircraft armament, lacking the complement to counter enemy fighters or bombers, it lacks the point-defence weapons as well.
  • Small complement, the ship features a low protective fighter screen. Vulnerable to enemy starfighter attacks.
  • Due to the large hyperdrive engine units, the possible cargo and passenger capacity is extremely decreased. Transporting troops equally as long campaigning is not recommended.
Description:
  • Crew: 25.000
  • Passengers: 800
  • Cargo capacity: 2.500 tons
  • Consumables: 1 Month

[member="Vespasian the Elder"], welcome to the Factory.

Vespasian the Elder said:
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards

Are you using the canon KDY to make this in the distant past in-character? Or have you talked to the owner of the player-controlled KDY on this board?

Affiliation: Mantellian Commonwealth Model: Caesar-class Star Destroyer Production: Minor
Given that the Mantellian Commonwealth is a minor faction, it can only field a single star destroyer right now. Because of that, I'd recommend shifting production to "unique", which will also give you more leeway with balancing your ship.

Kuat Drive Yards - I didn´t know it is player controlled, so no, I have no permission and simply thought to use a known, canon, close core-world shipbuilder.

I asssume the "leeway" balancing means giving it a bit more special character - there is no need for that. I was going from the fact that being only a minor faction, we can afford a balanced ship only and can´t go very special with it, yet.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Kuat Drive Yards - I didn´t know it is player controlled, so no, I have no permission and simply thought to use a known, canon, close core-world shipbuilder.
Here's the company page here on Chaos. You have it be built by the company in the distant past by KDY if you'd like, which would mean that you would link "Kuat Drive Yards" to its company page on wookieepedia. Alternatively, you could use an unclaimed canon company (like CorelliSpace) or even the "Mantellian Commonwealth" to make this.

I asssume the "leeway" balancing means giving it a bit more special character - there is no need for that. I was going from the fact that being only a minor faction, we can afford a balanced ship only and can´t go very special with it, yet.
I was actually referring to its overall balance in terms of ratings. It's at the start of the starship template:

For technical statistics start with all values at Average for a Mass-Produced vessel. For every increase either:
  • Reduce the Production Value
  • Reduce another statistic (e.g. increase speed, decrease defensive rating)
  • Provide balance with genuine weaknesses

Basically, anytime a rating goes up higher (ex. Average => Moderate, Moderate =>High, etc), something else needs to go down in order to balance it out. You can do that manually, or you can use this handy spreadsheet to play around with stats.

In its current form, this looks pretty imbalanced. It's about 4 of those ratings over what's typically considered as balanced.

Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast Primary: 0.75, Secondary: 6.5

This isn't a major point, but it's something worth noting. From the Starship Template:

Hyperdrive Class: (The lower the number, the faster the ship. You may use decimals. [Very Slow: 10 | Average: 2 | Very Fast: 0.3] Going below 1 typically requires balancing out with other weaknesses. Links: Hyperdrive, Hyperdrive Comparisons)
Sometimes people will lower a rating to compensate for an unusually fast hyperdrive, but that's not really necessary. Adding a weakness to the "weakness" section is fine for this, as long as it's linked to the hyperdrive somehow. This could be something pretty directly related to the hyperdrive (ex. a short range in hyperspace) or something more indirectly linked (example: The hyperdrive is unusually large, taking up space typically used to carry security personnel). I think that last one would work well for your ship, as many ships this size typically carry more than 800 troops.

Alternatively, you could it give an "average" rating, which is something around x1 or x2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom