Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech C.H.I.T. Darts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: The create a deadly dart that under the right conditions could turn the table of a fight.
Development Thread: None unless required
Manufacturer: Akovin Stock Co. and Akure Executive Leather Works (for the Terentatek tusk variant)
Model: Can't-Hit-It-Truly Dart
Affiliation: Clients wanting an extra nasty bang in their arsenal, for any situation.
Modularity: The dart can be modulated in a number of ways. It has three main variations in terms of payload, ranging between drug injection, tazer, or explosive. Additionally, the shell can be changed out for a variety of other choices, such as a shell that has a proximity sensor. However, probably the most expensive modification would be the Terentatek tusk variant, which grants it the ability to be very nearly immune to the influence of the force.
Production: Minor, VERY Minor for Terentatek variant (25)
Material: Dart of basic material (except for the Terentatek variant)
Description: C.H.I.T. Darts are the brain child of Triam Akovin, upon learning that grenades are rather ineffective against forcers, and holding 25 kilograms of high powered explosives on your back while facing a Force user who might hamper with their safety measures is a really bad idea. Her first thought was a dart system with very small explosives, that cause damage not from a huge shock wave, but a small yet strategic shock wave that fires off like a charge. It explodes in a specific direction so as to still hit the force wielder even as they attempt to hold it or otherwise attempt to destroy it in mid air (of course a tazer or drug variant wouldn't be able to harm the target if destroyed or held). Then she thought of all the situations where she might need an explosive for a laid out trap for some unfortunate enemy to run into, and shooting darts at them wasn't going to possible while running away. So then why not make the multipurpose? She made it so the bottom was able to magnetize or otherwise physically stick to a surface, and with a proximity shell launch out of its position and release whatever the payload it had.

But she realized something mid way through design... Jedi or Sith or whatever, could hold it away from them, or turn them in an unfavorable direction at any time if they were ready for it. Even in a surprise, they might very easily toss it out of the air with a wave of a hand. That was absolutely unacceptable. Luckily however, she came to a brilliant solution: she went to buy some terentatek tusk from AEL... and built a variant with the stuff. It was her hope now, that she could effectively launch a high speed dart of a specific payload without the worry of it being hampered with mid flight (beyond simple destruction such as a boulder or something). Of course, with the rarity of the tusk, these darts would be the last ditch effort of surprise, since sacrificing them would not be a nice thing.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Triam Akovin"]
MKay, just a couple of things.

After doing a bit of research on Wookieepedia, specifically on canon dart launchers, I'm not entirely sure what this sub brings to the table with the delivery system. In fact, while I may have missed it, I'm not sure how this launcher even fires the dart. Magnetics? Compressed air?

Also, it seems more like the darts themselves are the main submission. Is this the case?

Once those two questions are answered we can start working on the actual weapon itself as right now it's a little confusing as I'm not sure if I'm judging a dart, a series of darts, a dart launcher, or a combination of any or all of the above.

I'll drop the Dart Launcher all together if necessary, I suppose it's unnecessary since the series of darts are the submission. I just thought the launcher would give the advantage of changing the darts various modifications while in combat, so one is not restricted to whatever they set up before.

@[member="Popo"]

EDIT: and I suppose the darts launch by a miniature propulsion system... like a really mini-rocket

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Triam Akovin"]
Alright. I'm gonna be honest. You have way too much going on in this sub. I'm counting four separate darts all of which do various things and combinations of things and all have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm going to ask that you please clean this up and sort it out into one or two clearly stated core concepts, please.

I have removed the dart shooter, made it so the darts can only be a tazer, drug injector, or explosive. It can be fired (with the option of a Terentatek Horn shell), or it can be stuck to a wall to wait for something to launch (using a proximity shell).

If you want really only one thing, just say the word, and you will have a clean submission with only darts composed of Terentatek Horn, which is what I really want out of all the already mentioned features in the current sub.

[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Triam Akovin"]
Actually, between the edit and what you stated just now, that pretty clearly explains how everything works and simplified it pretty well.

Just one thing though: I'm assuming this adaptable to most other launchers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom