Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C-18 Corrosive Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthian Omondon

sᴀɴᴛᴀ·s ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ· ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴡɴ
Image Source: aqwwiki.wikidot.com
http://i.imgur.com/nIIbtUP.png

Intent: A personal dual pair of shotguns for Luthian’s disposal.
Development Thread: n.a
Manufacturer: Luthian Omondon
Model: Nope.
Affiliation: Luthian Omondon
Modularity: n.a
Production: Production: Semi-Unique
Material:
Durasteel
Anti-corrosive mixture
Shotgun Parts

Classification: slugthrower
Size: Handheld
Length:
Overall: 90cm
Barrel: 63cm
Weight: 3kg
Ammunition Type: Bullet
Ammunition Capacity: 25 shots until reload.
Effective Range: Medium to Close Range
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic
Special Features:
Acid (Corrosive) Shotgun Round Compatible.
Durasteel Blade Extension
Flashlight mount

Description:
Compared to most combat shotguns, Luthian’s C-18 Corrosive Shotguns is anything but average. Most of its mechanical functions are the same. The only difference is it’s capability to shoot corrosive rounds- a chemical substance similar to acid. Luthian’s Corrosive rounds are great against armored individuals (burns like charm against durasteel and cortosis, tougher metals need a few more shots, like Quadanium steel . Beskar could be at risk, but it has the longest acid erosion time, roughly about an hour if not treated.), and even better against flesh based enemies. Think you’ve got the upper hand up close in personal? Think again, for which Luthian will make you sorry. Not only will the acid burn through your armor, but you might also earn a painful swipe from her shotgun’s durasteel blade attachment. Luthian’s Flashlight add on is merely there for utility.

The ammo is unique when firing. Each bullet is acid compacted, each slug an inch or two in diameter. A series of five slugs are released per a shot. Due to the size and quantity of released slugs, some may miss and some may hit- depending on the distance. upon impact, the bullet breaks and splashes over the enemy, covering about a third or a half foot distance. This gives the acid a chance to find a reliable way to harm the enemy, such as an exposed underweave section, or maybe a broken piece of armor. Shooting over and over again at one section of armor can increase the rate of acid erosion, making this gun lethal at close range.

Netherworld

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />
<br />
Star Wars Canon:<br />
Pending initial review<br />
<br />
Starwars Chaos: <br />
<br />
WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />
<br />
WITH DEV THREADS<br />
Pending Initial review<br />
<br />
SUGGESTIONS<br />
Pending Inital review</p>

Netherworld

[member="Luthian Omondon"]

Luthian Omondon said:
Open Market

Luthian Omondon said:
Semi-Unique
  • These two don't go well together. Semi-unique implies personal use, and requires a specification on the number of models made. Usually around 2-4.

Luthian Omondon said:
Duralsteel
  • You probably meant durasteel?

Luthian Omondon said:
I’m gonna say Shotgun, but if it’s a slugthrower then oops
  • Slugthrower indeed. :p

Luthian Omondon said:
Not only will the acid burn through your armor
  • Highly depends on the material used for the armor, as well as potential shields and such. What armor quality did you have in mind for the acid to burn through?

Lastly, I have a few questions that tie in with the gun's image. It looks like it has two barrels (difficult to tell, though), and is generally a rather small shotgun. Combining this with the light weight at 1 kg, you're looking at wrist-breaking recoil. I suggest you up the weight somewhat (think 3 kg) and also clarify the presence or absence of double barrels.

Tag me with questions/edits. :)

Luthian Omondon

sᴀɴᴛᴀ·s ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ· ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴡɴ
[member="Netherworld"]

sorry for my late response ^ . ^

I've fixed everything. Regarding your response for the image, can I just change it? I was being lazy when looking for an image, so I didn't really put any thought into it XD

For the shotgun, I made it a bit heavier. I checked a gun website, and the average for a shot gun was about 2.1 - 2.5 kg. So I added an extra kg.

Netherworld

You can change the image no problem, yes. :)

Luthian Omondon said:
Affiliation: No Affiliation
  • Given that she's the manufacturer, the affiliation would be to your character.

Netherworld said:
Highly depends on the material used for the armor, as well as potential shields and such. What armor quality did you have in mind for the acid to burn through?
  • You still have to clarify this.

Tag me with questions/edits.

Luthian Omondon

sᴀɴᴛᴀ·s ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ· ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴡɴ
[member="Netherworld"]

So I've changed the image, and change everything else.

Now, I do have a question regarding the new image. Since it's longer, would I have to change to measurement in my app? Or would I just leave it.

Netherworld

Luthian Omondon said:
burns like charm against durasteel and cortosis, tougher metals need a few more shots, like Quadanium steel . Beskar could be at risk, but it has the longest acid erosion time, roughly about an hour if not treated
  • Durasteel is acceptable (though it won't burn through instantaneously, please be aware of that). Cortosis would definitely require some work, and Beskar is pretty much the strongest metal in the known universe, stronger even than Phrik (and phrik survived a shot from a Death Star), so, in short... anything stronger than durasteel-grade metal is going to shrug this off unless you literally bathe it in acid. You want more, you're going to have to put in some work for it.
As for the image... it doesn't look much like the standard shotgun you describe in the submission, but that's not a requirement. It would be nice if they matched, however. :)

Luthian Omondon

sᴀɴᴛᴀ·s ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ· ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴡɴ
[member="Netherworld"]

Do you think I can switch around the acid effects, say it weakens the armor? Or do you think I can elaborate on how the ammo and bullets spread after being fired off? Say that on contact it splotches or drenches it's target area. Kinda like a compressed ball or something.

Sorry, just askin' before I make adjustments again.

(also, for the image, I'll try to say 'there's a so and so add on here and there'. Otherwise I might fall victim to my laziness.)

Netherworld

If you have acid slugs for a shotgun-type weapon, they're not going to survive intact until contact with the target. There would likely be a spray of acid once you pulled the trigger, some of it hitting, some of it missing. Wouldn't be a whole lot of it either way (given that you have to pack it into a slug).

You can elaborate if you want, but bear in mind I'll re-read it each time and might require further edits if any of the changes/additions seem inappropriate.

As for the image-related fluff, feel free. :)

Tag me with edits/questions.

Netherworld

Luthian Omondon said:
burns like charm against durasteel and cortosis, tougher metals need a few more shots, like Quadanium steel . Beskar could be at risk, but it has the longest acid erosion time, roughly about an hour if not treated.)
  • The above section still hasn't been edited.

Netherworld said:
    anything stronger than durasteel-grade metal is going to shrug this off unless you literally bathe it in acid. You want more, you're going to have to put in some work for it.
As for the slugs... two inch diameter is a massive slug. Like, massive. Massive enough that recoil would do nasty things to your wrist and shoulder with one of them. Firing five at the same time... well, first of all, how would you achieve that? Five barrels? Burst? On top of that the recoil of five 2-inch diameter slugs would break your wrist, and likely the shoulder too.
Furthermore, what's to keep the slug from exploding upon firing? What makes it break open only once it hits the target, and not when it's being shot out of the barrel?

Honestly, I don't think the the slug can be made workable as-is. I recommend sticking to standard-gauge shotgun rounds filled with acid that sprays out of the barrel once you pull the trigger. If the opponent is close enough, you'll still cover them nicely with a film of acid, and nobody likes being covered in acid.

Netherworld

<p>Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.<br />
<br />
Thank you!</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom