Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship C-023 Troop Air Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
HwdABwq.png
7ucPaau.jpg

Image Source: http://www.cgsociety.org/cgsarchive/newgallerycrits/g87/418987/418987_1274972238_large.jpg

Affiliation: The Republic/ Closed market

Manufacturer: Inquisition Industries™

Model: C-023 Troop Air Transport

Modularity: Railguns can be exchanged for something similar in size. Different missiles can be used (link missiles upon useage)
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Quadranium, glassteel
Classification: Gunship transport
Length: 35m
Height: 6m
Width: 8m
Armament: Rating 14
2 port Blaze railguns
Forward facing Blaze Rail gun
4 missile launchers (4 each)

Defense: 14
Em shielding
Deflector sheild
Port partial sheild

Squadron Count: 2

Special Features:
Radar
targeting computer
Vetoled thrusters

Maneuverability Rating: 4
Speed Rating: 6
Hyperdrive Class: 6
Strengths:

Strong against ground units
Large troop capasity
Good maeverability and control

Weaknesses:
Cannot handle air attacks
Cannot attack other air units on all sides except the prot side, but is limited to the angle it can shoot at.

Description:

The C-023 is the first troop transportation ship Inquisition has made. It as able to transport upto 40 people at any one time. The design it to supply the battlefield with a worth while reinforcement or to quickly dispatch an army. The transport can also handle drops in heated zones with superiority over ground units. The blaze railguns would surly make quick work of them.When the case of light or medium vehicles are about the transport makes use of four missile launchers attached to the underbelly.

The blaze railguns may be good against starships but with this ship they have almost nothing to worry about. The port side that has the blaze railguns is the only side that could potentially shoot at them but the guns can only shoot upwards at 20° and down 70°. Many may see this as a flaw but the purpose of this ship is to drop troops and keep them protected. The blaze rail gun on the front can only fire at what is below it.

The Hull of the ship makes use of quadranium. This allows it to withstand some punishments in case the shield goes offline. Along with the defector sheild there is also a partial shield facing the prot side to further protect the troops and gunners. The thrusters on the ship can move 120° both ways from the facing down position giving it a lot better control and maneuverability. Although this handicapped the potential speed.

Development Thread: N/a

Intent: to develop an air transport with air to ground capabilities

Who Can Use This: Anyone
Primary Source:

Affiliation changed from "Open Market" to "Closed market"

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Sanya Val Swift said:
2 port Blaze rail guns Forward facing Blaze Rail gun 4 missile launchers (4 each)

For ease of reference, can you hyperlink "Blaze rail guns" to this page?

This also looks overarmed to me. A standard gunship has the equivalent of 6 laser cannons and 3 warhead launchers. This has the equivalent of 12 laser cannons and 4 warhead launchers.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Hyperdrive Class: 6

This looks pretty slow. I'd probably take this up to x1 to x3.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Weaknesses: Cannot handle air attacks Cannot attack other air units
I don't follow these weaknesses. The railgun submission states that it's highly effective against starships. Moreover, if its guns are capable of being switched out, what's to stop a person from simply equipping these with laser cannons or some other armament that's effective against starships? Same goes with the missile launchers and their modularity.

It's true that this probably isn't the best ship for dogfighting, but it looks to me that this can easily fight back against air attackers. I could see this maybe working with a removal of modularity and something like firing arcs that restricted towards the ground.

Sanya Val Swift said:
It as able to transport upto 40 people at any one time.

Combined with its heavy armament, this could be percieved as an attempt to get two squadrons (a gunship & a dropship squadron) fit into one squadron. I see two options for this:

1) Reduce squadron size to "3".

2) Make the C-023's statistics half-dropship, half-gunship. In other words, it would have the equivalent of 4 laser cannons, 3 warhead launchers and an armament rating of 10. It could carry 20 people. Everything else can stay as is.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Gir Quee said:
I don't follow these weaknesses. The railgun submission states that it's highly effective against starships. Moreover, if its guns are capable of being switched out, what's to stop a person from simply equipping these with laser cannons or some other armament that's effective against starships? Same goes with the missile launchers and their modularity. It's true that this probably isn't the best ship for dogfighting, but it looks to me that this can easily fight back against air attackers. I could see this maybe working with a removal of modularity and something like firing arcs that restricted towards the ground.
Ill work this into the description. The gun fired by the ship it's self is down faced. The two in the port side can only fire at anything level to the ship 70° down and 20° up. So anything flying at it from the front, back, above or starboard would have no problem. The only side that could present any problem would be port side.

As for the speed it's slow due to capacity and the guns. So that was to balance it. Also I have dropped it down to 2 in squadron.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom