Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

But For the Intervention of an Angel

Valgærd

Iego_system.png
The jungles of Iego

I didn’t run away.

Not… not really. Sure, I’d left Ryloth. Maybe I had uh… coloured the truth when talking to William’s men to get myself a transport. But I hadn’t tried to flee. He could find me again, sure. In fact, all he had to do was contact me via my commlink and I’d run right back. I’d given him my word, after all. Even without the promise of information about my mother.

I’d just… needed to clear my head a little.

On the other side of the galaxy?

With a grimace, I quelled the thought that snuck into my mind. Sure, yes. On a different planet, maybe. I wasn’t searching for more clues about my mother, I had no leads after all. I was just… thinking. However, as I wandered through the thick jungle, I couldn’t help but feel the doubts creeping in. I could hide. Abandon my commlink, my datapad, I could even reach out to [member="Asher Mossa"].

He would help me, I knew he would. Besides, with our force-bond, he was perhaps the one man in the galaxy I could never hide from. I took another few steps. [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] crossed my mind as well. She, too, would help if I asked her.

No, these were dangerous thoughts.

With a deep breath, I shivered, shaking away the thoughts. I reached up and pulled the fabric of my cloak tighter around my shoulders. My hands moved together to nervously toy with the ring on my finger. There was something about the jungle that didn’t sit well with me.

I’m sure I wasn’t alone.

[member="Aspri"]

Aspri

A
She was at first resting on top of a rock in the middle of the jungle of her homeworld painting more tattoos on her skin basically updating her current story from her time with the Mandalorians to now she stopped painting and perked up sensing a new arrival near by walking through the jungle she put away her painting tools and stood up on top of the rock as she looked around for a moment before she stretched out her wings and with one loud flap launched her self up into the air and high up into one of the trees as she leaped from them quietly and tracked her prey conjuring a bow of green energy and readied a arrow of the same energy as she flew over head looking for the new arrival and take care of them.

[member="Umai"]

Valgærd

Something moved.

I whipped my head around in the direction of the sound; a loud flapping noise. Some sort of enormous bird, perhaps. I'd heard tales of the angels of Iego, the Diathim... but I'd never seen one. Could that be...? I pursed my lips, no. It couldn't be. I felt... uneasy. I felt the dark side. Diathim were meant to be pure creatures, light, healing, all that airy fairy nonsense from the children's stories. Whatever this was... it didn't feel like that at all.

After a moment's hesitation, I decided to play it safe. Drawing up the hood of my cloak, I activated it through the force. Seeing as peeking out from the dark fabric would be risky, I kept my gaze down, watching only the path in front of me as suddenly I felt a shadow fly overhead. Phew, that was close. Whatever it was may have sensed me, but that signature would have disappeared before it got a good look. Still... if it was sentient, and decided to investigate, best not be where I was before I pulled the hood up.

I hurried down the path, hoping that my now-invisible cloak dragging along the ground was doing a good enough job of wiping away my bootprints. Time would tell, I suppose.

[member="Aspri"]

Aspri

A
She jumped from tree to tree for a moment she thought she saw someone but looked to see nothing she decided to jump down the bow vanished entirely as she walked around she looked around up and down for a moment before seeing foot prints, She followed them to best she could before she saw them suddenly seem to vanish out of sheer annoyance a hammer formed in her hand and with a very disturbing growl smashed the hammer into one of the trees near where [member="Umai"] was walking collapsing the tree to fall down next to her but not blocking her path or hitting her as she leaped over to where the tree now rests and walked along it looking around. The look in her face was wild for a moment she looked more agitated that she lost track of prey more then anything before she continued her walk that was practically above umai due to the tree.

Valgærd

The flying creature landed somewhere behind me.

Ducking behind a tree, I turned and peeked through my hood. She was a woman. An... angel? An actual angel? I had not expected to see one of the fabled Diathim up close, or indeed at all. Her eyes were on the ground, following... where I'd been walking. My footsteps? It must have been. I remained tucked behind the tree, watching as she drew nearer and nearer, growing seemingly angry that I had disappeared. I remained hiding behind the tree, until suddenly she smashed the hammer in her hands against the tree next to mine.

The wood exploded, bark flying everywhere as the towering sentinel fell with a mighty crash.

And I squealed.

The cloak muffled some sounds, but I'm sure this mysterious woman must have heard the sound. Instantly I clamped a hand over my mouth, my heart hammering in my chest. The woman stepped up onto the fallen tree, walking along it as she continued to search for me. I swallowed, closing my eyes a moment as I prayed for my raging heart to slow. Surely it would only be a matter of time before she spotted me. I figured I had two options. On the one hand; I could attempt to slip away, hope that my invisibility would give me enough of an upper hand to get away from this creature before she found me. Would I make it back to my transport? Was it worth returning to a place I'd have to wait two days at for a pickup? Or... I could try to reason with her.

I lowered my hood, deactivating my cloak.

"Um... hi." I began slowly, my fingers moving to nervously twist at the ring on myfinger, hidden in the now inky black fabric, "can... I help you?"

[member="Aspri"]

Aspri

A
Her black wings seemed to shift back into her body as she turned towards the squealing sound and in a quick motion without hesitation she shot her right hand towards [member="Umai"] and a green spear was quickly formed pointing at her the blade would just barely touch her neck, Her eyes where wild and emerald in color for a moment before she spoke to her.

Who are you and what are you doing in my forest....

She didnt make any further moves aside from that but she was restraining herself from impaling the girl right then and there.

Valgærd

In a flash, the woman snapped around, glaring at me. From seemingly nowhere, she'd summoned some sort of energy weapon not pointed directly at my throat. I froze. My heart hammered wildly against my ribs, my mind reeling as I realised suddenly how close to death I'd just come. I kept myself completely still, wanting to give her no reason to jab her weapon forwards. However, my hands, which were still around my ring, remained where they were. It didn't appear to be a weapon of any sort, she'd have no reason to suspect I was beginning to channel its power.

"Um..." I stammered, forcing myself to draw my eyes up from the tip of the green spear to the woman's fiery gaze, "... I'm just a lost little witch, and... I'm just getting away, I guess."

As I spoke, I slowly lifted my left foot, placing it as subtly a step behind me as I could. With a little luck, she wouldn't notice my putting my weight on it.

"If it's your planet..." I continued, "who might you be?"

I had only one thought in my mind right now. I had to get away from her. This angel was nothing like the stories I'd heard. She was vicious, terrifying. I had to get away from her, and I had to do it soon. Already, my entire body screamed at me to flee. Magic coursed through my veins, but I neglected to use it just yet. My preference wasn't to play my hand just yet...

[member="Aspri"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom