Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business affairs

The Voss launch party several weeks ago had sent the company skyrocketing towards its next target; a hotel. Left with thousands more credits than Daska had anticipated,the first Voss hotel was set to be open for business within mere weeks.
However, that wasn't the company’s only short-term goal. She wanted to be able to build venues on more planets, and for that they needed to partner with organisations. A mysterious man had contacted her recently offering to sign a contract with Voss if his organisation - he hadn't wanted to name it - could be provided private unrestricted access to a full floor of the hotel once it opened. It had seemed a reasonable deal, since the hotel was going to have twenty floors, and the offer suggested that they’d be stopping by often, which in turn suggested more business. Daska had agreed to meet the man offering at one of her restaurants on Corellia to negotiate, and she was currently sat in a private corner of the restaurant waiting for him.

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus wore a nice suit looking like a business man. Corellia was far from his first choice to be meeting with anyone. Which coincidentally was exactly why he was taking this meeting on Corellia instead of insisting on a different location.

He stopped just inside to inquire with the Host before being lead to private corner where [member="Daska Voss"] was waiting.

Smiling softly he extended a hand to her.

"Miss Voss I presume....................I am Marcus Nichols." "I believe you are expecting me."

He remained standing as it was the only polite thing to do until invited to take a seat.

The man in front of her gave off a menacing aura, Daska thought to herself as she looked at him, but to be fair, fear meant respect and power in business. Her Force sensitivity enhanced that menace, but her job had made her cynical, and what he was offering was too important to Voss' future to throw it away because of her mistrustful manner.

"Please, take a seat. Nice to meet you Mr Nichols, and of course I a expecting you." She shook his hand. "Would you like a drink? They're really rather good, if I do say so myself."

[member="Vengeance"]

He took the seat with a small smile ordering only water. He got right to the point.

"The people I represent don't like to be this exposed for very long so shall we get to it?" "Your company while small presents an opportunity." "One that interests them greatly."

He paused.

"In short they want to invest in your company." "In exchange for certain liberties."

He smiled sliding a folder to her.

"They would like to invest a sum of Five Million credits to your Company." "In return they request exclusive rights to an entire floor of the Hotel your Company is planning on breaking ground on later this month." "In addition VIP access to every Bar, and Club owned and operated by your company."

He paused taking a sip of his water.

"In addition they offer two things." "The first being building rights in their controlled Territory once they go public." "The second being the offer to provide security to all of your facilities outside of the Core worlds."

[member="Daska Voss"]

As Daska took in what the man opposite her was saying, her eyes drifted over the pages he'd given her. "Five million credits," she repeated, hoping the longing wasn't clear in her voice as thoughts of what Voss could achieve with that amount of money floated through her mind. "That's certainly not an offer to turn down in a hurry but," she paused to sip at her drink, letting the word ring in the air, "Let's go over the terms first.
"First, you want unrestricted private access to a floor of the hotel once it opens. That I can do easily - nineteen floors will be enough to keep the customers happy no doubt - and taking into account the impression I'm getting that you want to remain out of the public eye, I'll make it the penthouse. I think you'll find it to your liking." Not that the others wouldn't be to his liking - the interior design plans illustrated a lavish hotel, exotic and luxurious, and she was rather proud of it.
"Next, the VIP. This entails both unrestricted and instantaneous access to almost every area except for those only open to myself and senior members of Voss. Rooftop areas, the kitchen, private rooms, the front of lines...you get the picture. Unless your group is a ridiculous size, I could certainly grant VIP passes to all members.
"As for building rights...I assume you mean on the hotel floor you own. One question - what do you hope to use those rights for? The floors may be large, but they're hardly that large. I can grant the building rights, but I'd like some idea of why first. Lastly, the security. I don't pretend to understand your motives, but I won't deny the offer."
She leant back, satisfied that she'd layed everything out nice and clearly. "Any questions?"

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus listened to her recap of the terms placed before her in the negotiations. He only felt the need to clarify two points.

"VIP access meaning access to the VIP rooms, front of the lines type of things yes." "Rooftop areas would be nice but if they are not open to guests at all then I won't argue." "Kitchen and other Employee areas are of course of no interest to them."

He paused taking a sip of his water.

"The access of course extended to the organization as a whole with the understanding that any one particular club or bar would not be visited by more than 5 or 6 people on any given night." "Any more than that and they will be glad to approach you ahead of time to negotiate the fee for renting out the entire club for a single night."

He smiled.

"Building rights as in the expanse of your company outside of the core worlds." "Currently the One Sith maintains direct Control of the Core Worlds if I am not mistaken." "The people I represent of course maintain a presence away from the Core Worlds." "Should you wish to travel more shall we say North East then they would be glad to assist in such expansion up to and including providing security at such locations to ensure the same level of safety is seen there as it is here."

He chuckled.

"The motivation is very simple." "To provide their people with fun and enjoyable places to relax without the hassles of politics and war interfering." "The Penthouse floor sounds like a wonderful idea." "Any chance of getting a landing pad installed for getting to the Penthouse rooms?"

[member="Daska Voss"]

The One Sith...Daska supposed it had slipped out and she was only some what surprised to hear her suspicious feelings confirmed. She didn't really mind - as long as it wasn't a crime gang she was signing with, she would treat them as nothing more than the organization assisting in upgrading Voss. That was the only important thing.

"I'll tell you a secret," she smiled, "there are already plans to install landing pads, in fact they're right...here." Daska shuffled through the papers in her bag until she found the blueprint for the penthouse and then slid it across the table. "I thought it would make it more convenient since the penthouse is usually supposed to be the most luxurious and expensive. Politics and war will definitely not interfere. Anyway, I can't find fault in any of that." As a businesswoman she was almost expected to spend a long time haggling over negotiations, but the current deal seemed to work out in both their favours and there was no way she was risking that simply to appear to have the upper hand. Besides, she really didn't want a Sith for an enemy - she had only the barest knowledge of how to harness her Force powers. "Just point me to where I need to sign."

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus looked at the blueprints when they were slid across to him. It all looked to be pretty standard stuff with the slight Voss flair for branding purposes.

He chuckled.

"Do you know what the greatest asset a Businessman or woman should have?"

He paused for a moment to let the question sink in.

"Patience............Miss Voss." "You are so quick to sign a contract that needs to be updated to reflect the agreements and stipulations made today." "Then of course it must be presented to my employers to ensure they agree to the terms before it can be signed on our end."

He smiled taking a sip of his water.

"Then we can get your signature, get you paid, and file the contract with the necessarily parties to ensure it's conditions are followed through with."

He paused seeming to do a mental calculation.

"I would say at least a week maybe two before our business can be concluded."

[member="Daska Voss"]

"If that's what it takes, that's what it takes." Daska ignored the 'advice'; she'd waited all her life for Voss and felt she'd earned the right, by now, to be a little impatient.

"On the back of those papers are Voss' contact details, so once you're ready to 'conclude', get in touch. I'll look forward to it." She made as if to stand up, preparing to conclude tonight's meeting. She felt it had gone successfully, or would in a week or two at least. Tonight she could return to Voss HQ on Coruscant and begin making the necessary arrangements for the group.

[member="Vengeance"]

He smiled with a nod pulling out a business card. On it was his name Marcus Nichols and a company name "Nichols Consulting." Of course no such company existed but she didn't need to know that.

"I will take this to my people and get a hold of you when it is ready to be signed."

He stood up himself.

"If you have any questions between now and then please do not hesitate to ask?"

[member="Daska Voss"]

"Of course." Daska smiled. "And thank you, obviously. I will see you soon."

Nichols Consulting didn't look like a legitimate business and is she checked once she returned it would almost certainly prove to be non-existent, but if he truly was a Sith, then it was understandable that he wouldn't want to use his real name. All that mattered was the five million credits and the promise of business.

[member="Vengeance"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom