Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bubble Pop

Cora squinted up at the sign, scrutinizing the long list of flavors and add-ins. She'd forgotten how complicated bubble tea could get.

Taro…jogan…shi-shok…montra? Never heard of that…

After lifting a hand to shield her gaze from the afternoon sun, her attention flicked over to Lossa for a cursory glance. They'd chatted a bit during Colette and the Noble kids' party, and the suggestion of grabbing a drink sometime had cropped up.

The two weren't particularly close. Cora's only direct interaction with Lossa had been at the after party for Makko's knighting, during which her jealousy had seeped through. Before then, she'd vaguely pictured the Zeltron in her mind as a scandalous floozy who lured men from…

Yeah, that turned out to be entirely untrue, leaving Cora rather embarrassed that she'd thought so negative of such a nice girl without even meeting her first. Lossa hadn't deserved that, and now they were standing at the counter of a cute little cafe in one of Coruscant's shopping districts.

"I'll have a…jellyfruit milk tea."
She finally decided before turning to Lossa with a clumsy smile.

"Order whatever you'd like - my treat."

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

ebsHoTH.png
Equipment: Outfit
Accessories: Bracelet
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Rose colored eyes squinted at the menu, trying to figure out what actually sounded good at the moment. Her tastes had been all over the place, and with the revelation from Valery Noble Valery Noble , it made sense she supposed. It didn't make picking out flavors any easier though since everything sounded both delicious.

And disgusting.

Lost in thought, she didn't catch the glance from Cora. Even with their brief and tense interaction at Makko's ceremony, the Zeltron hadn't held onto the prickly feelings lobbed at her. She had a reputation that she did nothing to fix after all. Which made her tendency for flighty get aways all the easier when they were expected rather than surprising.

Even if it didn't help her in the end.

Cora ordered, finally making her pay attention to something as Lossa clicked her tongue in thought before itching her cheek.

"Uh sa-same thing, please." Thinking to order a water was out of the question as the phantom feeling crawled along her side.

She'd have had the missing arm propped on her hip had it been present. Instead simply cocking her hip while regarding Cora.

"A. Thank you. I haven't actually tried this before. And it's been a bit since I've tried something new." A far more pleased smile appearing on her as she thought on it. It had been a while, and the habit of trying new things had slipped to the wayside as life kept throwing things her way.

Now silently wondering what she might have missed in her travels.

"I'll have to treat you sometime. When I'm not on Jakku anyway." The smile twisting into a wry thing as she shrugged. "Naboo has a much better selection of things if I'm being honest."

NotNybs.png

Cora initially took Lossa's hesitance personally. Had she accepted the offer out of a sense of obligation? Maybe she really didn't want to be here, and was just being polite.

A nervous smile crept onto her face when the Zeltron ordered. She tried hard not to stare at the empty space where her arm would've been - had used to be, she supposed - Cora was curious but not crass.

Maybe this isn't all about you. People have lives, you know.

Cora was trying to move forward from her past misdeeds, whether she'd been a bit snippy or outright betrayed someone's trust. That didn't mean that it was right to entirely forget her previous behavior, or make excuses for how she'd acted.

"We don't have drinks like this on Ukatis, not that I think, anyway." The capital had been modernizing, but Cora's family had lorded over a more rural district. "I try to get a different flavor every time, so- ah. Don't blame me if this one is bad."

Her anxious smile eased into something a little more genuine, mirroring Lossa's own. She was far easier to talk to than the stiff nobles of court, but the noble still felt a little stilted.

"The last time I was on Naboo was for Briana's winter gala, but Makko and I left the morning after. I would've liked to stay for longer and see the sights, but…"

Duty called, as it did to all Jedi. Lossa would understand that, especially given how the Jakku enclave had passed to her hands after Romi's trial. An enormous responsibility, one that Cora couldn't help but wonder how she was handling.

The sharp sound of a blender whirred in the background, and the blonde had to raise her voice a little to be heard above the whine.

"How are things on Jakku, by the way?" Her tone was casual, cautious. Consciously free of the judgement she'd leveled at the Zeltron during their last meeting.

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

ebsHoTH.png
Equipment: Outfit
Accessories: Bracelet
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

If Lossa noticed the look to her arm, she said nothing. She was still wondering herself about replacing it or letting it remain as a warning about her overconfidence in a fight.

Along with the sensible option of retreat in some spots.

The mention of Ukatis from Cora brought with it a wonder about the place. Her eyes drifting from the stand to her attentively. She'd heard a bit about it from the unintended eavesdropping on conversations near her, ones that she'd politely excused herself from, but had never actually had a chance to visit.

"I would like to visit sometime. Ukatis I mean." The wonder of different places never truly diminished even after inheriting Jakku. That it lacked the treat they were indulging in didn't seem to deter her much.

"To be fair, there's a lot of things on this planet a lot of others don't." A grin appearing as the mention of Naboo brought with it a grin.

"The Gala was lovely but not the best for seeing Naboo. Once I get some thing settled there, I wouldn't mind having you and Makko for a visit." A sagely nod from the Zeltron about the matter. "Get a proper sight seeing trip in. And some shopping."

She had enough on her plate between Jakku and Naboo now that is was about time for smooth sailing. At least that was the hope. Barring any nasty surprises, she only had a little time before everything on Naboo was processed to give Cora and Makko a proper place to stay without having to put them up in a hotel or something.

A blender began to work, and the whites of Lossa’s eyes appeared before being hidden behind a rapid series of blinks. The sound making her shiver as Cora raised her voice to be heard.

Amusement dancing on her features as Jakku was mentioned.

"Well enough. I'm learning the ropes as I go. Thankfully there's Master's around to help. Even if one's a pain in the exhaust port." A certain blue skinned being came to mind as the thought was let loose into the galaxy. Muttered for her own benefit of doubt as the blender sang.

Thoughts swirled for a moment about their last talk. Remembering the prickle of feelings Cora had let loose drawing out a frown as Lossa clicked her tongue and choosing the safe route rather than her usual brash approach.

"How are things going for you?" Open ended enough to let her skate by the topic, but inviting enough to safely segue into mending a bridge.

NotNybs.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom