Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BTI BASIC 5.56mm Slug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex-El

An Honest Man
blas_tech_industries_logo_banner_by_viperaviator-d51wsk5.png
223-ammo-pile.jpg

Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide Blas-Tech Industries with it's first type of slug ammunition after it was procured during a private operation. This is a direct copy of the product made by Czerka Industries at half the price essentially, corporate sabotage at it's finest.

Development Thread: Here it is.

Manufacturer: Blas-Tech Industries

Model: 5.56mm Slug

Affiliation: Blas-Tech Industries

Modularity: Yes (12.7mm, 9mm, 7.62mm)
Production: Mass

Material: Durasteel

DESCRIPTION:

For millennia, the slugthrowers that frequented the Galaxy utilized ammunition that had little to no form of standardization. In fact, save for a handful of models here and there, the slugs required to make avid usage of a slugthrower became few and far between for those lacking a decent source. This fact became a painfully apparent part of reality for those wielding slugthrowers, especially with their usage quickly becoming dwarfed in favor of the usage of blasters. When Czerka Arms was reunited under the leadership of Tyri Lsu, one of the first orders of business was to solve this issue of ammunition; for what was the point of designing and manufacturing new lines of weaponry if the procuring of ammunition was a difficult task?

As such, the 5.56mm BASIC Slug was born: a standard round that could be provided to clients in mass quantities and universally utilized within the vast majority of impending Czerka Arms rifles. Of course, with weapons differing in length and specialization, such as sniper rifles or pistols, additional sizes derived from the 5.56mm were created subsequently; and were made just as available as the 5.56mm BASIC.

As a whole, the 5.56mm BASIC Slug excels in terms of performance. It boasts the capability to penetrate, on average, between forty and fifty centimeters of soft tissue upon impact; and has been known to fragment in order to dramatically augment the potential damage done to the body. Furthermore, when fired from the standard rifle of the new Czerka Arms' line at its maximum range of five hundred meters, the 5.56mm BASIC Slug has the capacity to penetrate up to two and a half milimeters of durasteel. What's more, this penetration capacity increases as the distance between the target decreases.

With this design now being made by Blas-Tech due to the thievery of Jacen Cavill, the company will keep the weapon the same but sell it at half the price. Thus destroying Czerka's hold on the slug-thrower market

:lol: @Cade Lee

I like the dev-thread.

Got some questions for you though.

Modularity: Yes (12.7mm, 9mm, 7.62mm, and Special Rounds)

You do realize that we're talking different measurements of rounds right?

Lex-El

An Honest Man
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] yes ma'am. This is just what the generic line is titled, and it allows us to build ammo of different sizes that accomplishes the same thing. Shall I link to the original submission? I stole the designs from Czerka themselves.

@Cade Lee
I would think for this instance, modularity for a 5.56 would be Jacketed Hollow-Point, Steel-Tip, Hollow-Point, Tracer, Armor-Piercing, ect.

Additionally, is the range for this the standard NATO Round Range?

SS109/M855 NATO ball can penetrate up to 3 mm (0.12 in) of steel at 600 meters

Cade Lee said:
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] yes ma'am. This is just what the generic line is titled, and it allows us to build ammo of different sizes that accomplishes the same thing. Shall I link to the original submission? I stole the designs from Czerka themselves.
*shakes head* No, you're fine. I'm just clarifying. I don't want it to be stuck with 5.56 MM, and you want to produce 7.62, 12.7 or whatever the case may be and it come into question. Make that quick edit, everything else looks fine as a base submission for all intended purposes.

Meaning, additional calibers. Sorry for that, just wanted to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom