Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B'shert

29af5b9c6a.png
(n) yiddish - 'destiny'; referring to the seeking of a person who will compliment you and whom you will compliment perfectly
Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:30 pm | The Anchor

"Senator? It's late. Are you going to retire soon?"

The soft-spoken voice of Eyris drew the quickly-tiring Nilia's attention. Tipping her head towards the door to her office, she looked through bleary eyes at the figure of her young Togruta assistant in the doorway. Glancing back down at the computer screen in front of her she nodded a few, lazy times, "Yes, I think I will. You're free to go home Eyris. I'll try not to wake you when I arrive."

Even talking momentarily woke up her brain. What had she been doing? Paperwork, right... How terribly boring. As her assistant padded off to leave the Hall, Nilia remained her small and rather plain square office. The feature of the room was, of course, the massive floor-to-ceiling windows that lined the furthest wall. Her desk had been positioned in such a way that if she lifted her head she would see directly out them, and she was thankful for it -- A strong storm raged on outside, as always, with enough lightning on display to fry a fleet.

At least once she finished this last form, she'd be free to leave.

As the reluctant Senator returned to work, something deep and ancient stirred in the Senator. It was as though forever-dormant tendrils of something never-before-used had been awoken by an unspoken force, reaching outward for something. Or someone...

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
CoruscantChaos.jpg
CORUSCANT
The Core Worlds

The city could never truly change. The sights and the smells remained the same as they had when Ar'ekk had left the galactic capital. It seemed that no matter how many groups controlled the planet, it would never truly transform. Locals could live oblivious to the raging political spectrum that existed in the upper levels. Living on Coruscant held perks for many, but the young Jedi no longer viewed the planet the same way. He had once called this world his home, however there was nothing homely about it anymore. While transparent to the blind eye, through the lens of the Force, Ar'ekk was aware of the various corruptions that had taken place during the One Sith occupation. The city reeked of the dark side back then, so much so that the Jedi wondered whether the atrocities could ever be cleansed. While he was grateful that the center of the galaxy was now in the hands of the Jedi, Ar'ekk wondered whether Coruscant would fare better under Alliance rule. Would anyone truly notice the change?

Walking through the familiar streets, Ar'ekk remained emotionless as he witnessed the daily going-on's of Coruscanti life. While he knew that this was just a temporary visit, the man was curious to see the changes made, laughing silently as he witnessed the sheer lack of differences since his own occupation of the planet. Politely waving away store keepers attempting to sell their wares, the Jedi Knight found himself standing in one of the expansive trade hubs, a spacious hive of activity filled with various stores and stalls. Deciding he had time to browse, the man journeyed on, admiring the range of exotic and foreign items that were for sale.

As he continued his browsing, he began to feel a growing disturbance in the Force. Mistaking it for just another minor annoyance, Ar'ekk carried on, stopping at a fruit stall where he would purchase a juicy looking orange. Content now, he took off once more, now happily munching on the sweet fruit. However the disturbance once more entered the forefront of his mind, stronger this time as he stopped. Ceasing the chewing, Ar'ekk focused on the call, discovering that this source emanated from a Force-sensitive being. Cautiously now, the half masked man would hone in on the source, reaching out through the Force...

[member="Nilia Saavilin"]

Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:31 pm | The Anchor

Nilia had never been to Coruscant.

She'd heard of it, of course, how couldn't you? It was the figurative and literal centre of everything, and it had been for almost a thousand years. But never once had she travelled past the Outer Rim, or gotten anywhere near the core worlds, and she had certainly never set foot on the world itself. What had made her think of the former capital? Shaking her head, Nilia tried once more to focus on her work.

There was a rush of blood in her ears, enough to make the Senator cringe in her seat and briefly raise a hand to her throbbing temple. It felt as though someone had driven a harpoon into the back of her neck, in the spot where it connected to her head. Rolling her shoulders, her eyes averted from her desk to the impossibly tall skyscrapers around her, to the market stalls, and to the people.

"I must have fallen asleep."

Musing aloud, the bewildered, dishevelled Nilia spun a full 180 as she looked at the murky Coruscanti landscape, eyes drawn upward. Even without the almost mystical aura surrounding the figure, it was clear she stuck out like a sore thumb, even if nobody else even acknowledged her presence in the street. There was no, possible way, that she could be there... Because a part of her still registered the feeling of the creaking desk chair under and the sound of heavy rain from outside her window. It was a curious moment, to simultaneously feel like you were sitting down and standing, but somehow it connected. Throughout her frantic spinning, her eyes soon set upon the half-masked figure in the crowd. Something clicked inside, and her worried brown eyes locked onto his in a sort of subconscious understanding.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

An echo resembling a voice rumbled in the distance and ingrained itself onto his head. Looking around, he tried to find the source of this peculiar sound that seemed so attracting yet so mysterious to the untrained eye. Everything felt like a dream sequence that seemed too real that you felt if this was nothing but a mere dream. But it wasn't.

Ar'ekk started walking towards the source as he was guided by the Force, unsure what he would exactly discover. He could sense something radiating from somewhere in the distance, and that was where he was headed. He slowly pushed through the oncoming crowd of people gathered in the market, knowing how to traverse this environment. Quickly making his way towards the call, he made quick haste to get there.

Though something caught his eye. A woman. Not too far in the distance, he began to make his way to her. He began to jog lightly towards her.

"I think you're awake." Simply, he said.

Revealing his appearance to her, seemingly still walking closer and closer he would tower over [member="Nilia Saavilin"] easily. His eyes glared down at her.

He could see the office, a desk... and a Togruta outside the room. A magnificent room that screamed politics, it had to be a place where decisions were taken. She was a person of leadership and of importance, the young man thought.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Ar'ekk wondered if he was dreaming or not. It was clear enough that he wasn't.

Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:33 pm | The Anchor

"...Dreams don't feel like this." She agreed in a distant voice, her face revealing her nervousness as she locked eyes with the familiar stranger in the crowd. This feeling was utterly surreal, insane, yet it made perfect sense. Like this had been pre-ordained by the divine. Nilia shook her head, seemingly in awe of what they were experiencing, "I have no idea what is happening."

One second she saw the Coruscanti skyline and the next she saw Eadu's stormy skies, then back again. It was like existing in two places at once, in two polar opposite places of the galaxy, seeing out of two eyes. There was no room left in Nilia's exhausted mind to even begin to fathom what this felt like for the person on the other end.

A period of powerful silence washed over the short-circuiting Senator as her brain tried and failed to rationalize these events. Finally, something just whispered, this is real, it's happening, you just need to go with it and see where this leads. Perhaps it's important. With a shake of her head she cast off the confusion keeping her mute, crossing her arms over her chest before a sudden geyser of questions erupted from her that she just couldn't suppress anymore, "Who are you? Where are you? is this Coruscant?"

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

The scenery and sorroundings shifted their imagery constantly between the ecumenopolis of Coruscant and the storm-stricken Eadu, a sodden lump of a world. Small native population, mostly rural nerf herders. He saw the girl inside a comfortable office with enough space to walk around, the computer made buzzing noises and the paperwork laid out on the table made him realize where she was. A senator's own personal space.

Being able to strut through the place and check the scribbled paper sheets while knowing he was in Coruscant felt weird, this was definitely something beyond his understanding. Could this be a product of the Force? A connection that awakened just now and never realized that was within them? So many questions.

"The rain. The storms. Eadu?"

He was struck in awe just like her. Words escaped his mouth unintentionally, trying to puzzle out this strange occurance never experienced before. The half masked man had visions of the future and the past, yes, but nothing like this. It was strange.

Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:34 pm | The Anchor

From her homeworld, she watched the man seemingly explore her office whilst on Coruscant she remained awestricken by the sights of the skyline, almost unable to keep her attention on anything else while there. As he asked she nodded stiffly, yanked back to her room as if by a yoke. Meeting his gaze again, she forced herself to not stare at the mask and instead focus on the man, "Eadu," Nilia agreed in a numb tone, "Yes... This is Eadu. I think. I hope." A bit of a nervous chuckle left her, but she nodded firmly. Yes. This was home. It had to be.

Exhaling, she simply stepped up to him, holding her hand out, "I'm not even going to..." She trailed off, clearly struggling to retain her focus on this location enough to remain there before being sucked back to Coruscant's seductive atmosphere, "I'm not even going to guess what's happening, but I'm Nilia." Even though her body was screaming for her to leave with Eyris, to go back home and get a good night's sleep, something prehistoric in Nilia's brain had awoken and was saying that there was no way she could back out now, much less fall asleep in the middle of such an awesome event. There was no way she could even begin to guess to the Force's influence on this encounter, but all she did know was that she felt a heavy feeling, deep in the pit of her stomach, sort of like when you entered freefall. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but it only fed into the odd connection. It almost felt like a... Was this the correct word? A... Bond?

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

"Don't be afraid. Coruscant, I'm there."

This odd connection only had one explanation, a single reason that binded everything together to make this bond possible. All that surrounds them is the foundation of life. When a living thing dies, all is renewed. Life passes away from the Living Force into the Cosmic Force and becomes one with it. One powers the other. One is renewed by the other.

Such a strong intertwined link allowed the communication of feelings, thoughts and images across distances and granted greater coordination in battle. Through such connections the Force easily flowed, sometimes allowing one's will to bolster the strengths of the other, or possibly to draw upon their strengths.

"Why is the Force connecting us? You and I…" The man whispered faintly, glancing at the girl.

The imagery from Nilia's side disappeared until it never came back, apparently only she could see what was sorrounding him at this point.

"It is the bond that develops between two individuals when one truly understands another. It is developed over time through understanding of each other."
"Ar'ekk."

Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:34 pm | The Anchor

I'm not afraid, something protested in Nilia's head, but she didn't voice those complaints audibly. Then again, there was a chance he could have heard it regardless; this strange state of mind seemed to allow for it. Frowning at what he said, her brow pushed together in a way that clearly indicated that she was confused, or thinking, or perhaps a strange mix of both.

"It's... Nice to meet you, Ar'ekk. I think. Did you say the Force?" Admittedly, such things were lost in her, but it wasn't like she'd never heard about it or picked up on what it could be. Once again her eyes turned upwards to Coruscant, watching the vibrant city before dragging herself back down to focus on this Ar'ekk fellow, the one who had said that the Force was 'connecting' them. If this was what 'connections' felt like, she wasn't sure if they were good or bad. Perhaps they were both. They were certainly disorientating, though.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

The Force. The idea continued to resonate within his head as the only answer to explain this connection between the two. Explaining such concept to a person unaware of the wonders of such gift was difficult and made it his life's work to try and reasonate with Nilia. Gently enough, Ar'ekk paced around as the sun casted its rays behind him. He could see the girl sitting by her desk just momentarily before such image faded away again.

"The pleasure is mine, Nilia. I'm sorry for thinking out loud, such words just came abruptly out of my mouth. The Force sorrounds all living things and binds them together. I have no explanation for what we're experiencing right now, it's a first for me too. Find me as surprised as you are."

Watching Nilia from a considerable distance, he wondered why this occured to them specifically. What would the Force have in store for them to create such a 'bond'? Was it pure luck or perhaps destiny had written itself? Unknown.

This nexus couldn't classify as 'bad' considering that the man was a Jedi and swore to keep peace in the galaxy and the girl was a senator who overlooked his people's grievances, if that was a good guess.

"Can you see me?"

Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:35 pm | The Anchor

"I can." Nilia nodded, processing what he'd said. Even he, in his seeming knowledge, had no idea what was happening either. What could the universe possibly have in mind for them, the simple Senator couldn't even begin to guess.

"Your surroundings, too, I can see them. I've never been to Coruscant... Though I will someday, I suppose. I-- I'm a Senator. With the Sovereignty." Nodding her head in a self-affirming manner, it was almost as though she could feel an invisible muscle flexing, trying to intensify and clarify their connection as best she could, straining against the limits. Though she had no answers as to why it had come about in the first place, there was a part of her that distinctly did not want it to end, at least for now. There was a serene feeling to this all, like it was peacefully meant to be.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

His assumptions were right. She was a senator for the Sovereignty in Eadu, first time he heard about such thing. Having loitered in the Smuggler's Moon for over a year had cut him off from the rest of the galaxy. Even then, knowing more about the on-going political struggles in other systems was benefitial for his knowledge.

"I can see the storms pouring down heavily upon Eadu and your office. You."

Ar'ekk pondered heavily for a moment before slowly walking up to where Nilia stood on his side of this 'vision', getting close to a comfortable position to not upset her.

"Jedi Knight. The Order I used to defend ceased to exist."

His eyes lingered on this girl, trying to understand what was going happening. This apparent bond was a creation of the Force, seemingly harmless too. Understanding such connection was important and letting harmful or confusing thoughts fade away was key as well. She spoke in a soft manner and looked rather innocent, in contrast to the half masked man who appeared to have witnessed the ultimate sickening sights of the galaxy and had gone through the worse of the worse throughout the years.

Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:36 pm | The Anchor

Nilia's expression softened visibly as he mentioned that his order was gone. Jedi, then... Her head tilted very slightly before she spoke, "That's unfortunate. I'm sorry." There was a sincerity in her voice, it seemed she did genuinely find that sad. Slowly, her own confusion seemed to be slipping away as Nilia seemingly embraced this odd encounter more, as if strengthening the connection, "Eadu is always stormy, I don't think I've seen a sunny day in my entire life here." The brief humor made her grin a bit more lighthearted, clearly trying to push past her empathetic moment to better topics.

But then a thought occurred her and she frowned, brows pushing together to make a face of deep thought. It remained like that before she spoke again, fidgeting in her chair briefly, "Ar'ekk -- Do you know anything about these... Connections? Will this end? ...Is it going to happen again?"

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

It was a long time ago. The past had to be forgotten to forge a much more promising future and live the present at it is. The Galactic Republic had fallen and he seeked refuge in a recondite planet on Mon Calamari space where he lived for at least a few years, then Nar Shaddaa and finally now Aurum.

Shaking his head, Ar'ekk seeked to comfort Nilia's thoughts with empowering words and make her see that everything was okay with that. He had made his peace already and that's all what mattered.

"Don't be. It's all good now." The man said before continuing, "See the sun for yourself here, bright and warm as ever."

The half masked Jedi could see the storms and lightning cascading with strenght upon Eadu, the joke becoming funnier as he realized that. Letting go a faint laugh, he decided to move on from the conversation as well.

"I don't know, Nilia. This could be our last interaction, a few more to come or perhaps it's something permanent. I really don't have that answer or neither do you."

Eadu, Senatory Hall, Nilia's Office, 11:37 pm | The Anchor

"Hmm."

That clearly left her deep in thought. Permanent, would that be so terrible? The calm and gentle feelings overwhelmed any lingering sorrow she'd have felt for him and his order. And the sun certainly seemed to help, despite Coruscant's general industrialized vibe. It was still a wondrous occurrence, and the warmth was welcome. Nilia nodded her head a few times as if reaffirming this to herself before replying, "Well... If that's true, if I'm ever sent to Coruscant, I'll be sure to find you. Or try. It's a big world. Bigger galaxy."

Her words surprised herself, causing a pause as she dwelled on what she had just said. We've just met, something in her mind chided, it doesn't seem wise to start planning a housewarming party.

"I mean. If you'd like that. Oh, dear, that sounded strange. I'm sure meeting in person would be different than... Well, this."

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

"It's possible that we'll meet if you ever make it here. Even though I won't stay much longer in Coruscant."

Being in his homeworld brought him more sorrow than good memories. Walking down his old neighbourhood and visting the place he once called home, charred and destroyed entirely. Inside, he could hear the voices of loved ones suffering until they were no longer there. They showed in his nightmares as they continued to die for the eternity to come. You weren't there. How could you? You failed them.

He noticed the nervousness on her words as she let out something the girl didn't feel comfortable with. Ar'ekk couldn't help but smile of the thought, perhaps the Force would cross their paths once again.

All of the sudden... the connection ceased. No more thunderstorms, no more shining sun of the metropolis. Both back in their lives as normal. Was this temporal? Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom