Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Brothers in Armor

CP8mktv.jpg
Time: 15:00 Hours
Tag: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

It wasn't often that Gress got calls from off base. Derik'hur had become the home of the Hellstompers, yet no one was ever quick to visit, outside of the occasional pop in from Liram Angellus Liram Angellus and his fleet. But today was different. Gress had received a call, corroborated with his command in it's authenticity, from a Mandolorian. Gress didn't seem to care much about the specifics of it, he more cared who exactly this was. But of course, he knew there was only one way to find out.

The man stood waiting, just outside of his unit's training grounds, the agreed upon meeting place once this mando showed up. After the invasion of Yavin VI, Gress had his men drilling defensive maneuvers just like they had offensive for years. He had intended for the Hellstompers to be the forward sucker punch, and now they needed to learn how to be an impenetrable shield. The training grounds of which Gress stood outside of were lined with trenches, Gress's men drilling endlessly on how to dig, set up, and then fortify their own trench lines.

But now he waited. Who was this mando? Why would they want to meet him in person? Only time would tell...

Tag: Gress D'ran Gress D'ran

It wasn't long before a green armored figure with a t-visor strode through toward the training grounds. A squadron of bombers soared overhead no doubt in maneuvers as she pressed on. Fort Derik'hur certainly lives up to its reputation Minerva now concluded. Letting a trio of technicians riding on a small skiff pass by the commando resume her march.

Not long after she spotted the commander of the Hellstompers. Now she had seen it all, a hornless male Devaronian. Despite that Minerva can quickly tell he meant business with his eyes and whole body language for that matter. Additionally she noted the just yards away the troops are digging in and preparing defenses with their various vehicles.

Don't really know this colonel yet but at least he is taking this seriously.

With that thought buried in the mind Minerva came next to Gress D'ran. The latter would be able to note the red Alliance emblem on each of the shoulder padurons. She quickly saluted him with the right hand.

"Captain Minerva Fhirdiad, Strike Force Talon. Command said you require assistance for a war game scenario. They believe our units could benefit in a joint effort."

Done with the salute she used the other hand to pass a folder that had all the necessary confirming her orders.

"What do you need us to do colonel?”

The Colonel squinted, taking a drag from his cigar. "Didn't realize we had your kind on our side too still. Talon eh? We're doing defensive drills right now. How much experience you got with armored warfare, outside of..." He gestured to the woman's full get up. "That. We're hoping to do some raiding drills in a bit once the local Op-For is ready. Till then, how bout I give you and your boys the tour? We'll probably have you hold up in the Sphinxes for the assault." He let out a low chuckle. "Unless you wanna go tell your men to join us in drilling on how to properly dig holes."

That first comment didn't really offend Minerva at all. It was only natural and frankly more tame than what some others have thrown at her since the Enclave's crusade. Inwardly she counted her blessings when the lieutenant colonel quickly shifted the topic. She really does not want to spend another thought on the Enclave today if it can be helped. Instead the warrior answered his first question.

"Honest truth no sir, we haven't much experience in this type of warfare. We're more used to assault via drop pods or by gunships. But we’re good at adapting."

Given the escalation of hostilities with the Sith she suspected the command wanted the Talon company to become more familiar with armored tactics. Adaptation is a key part to warfare, after all. Behind the Talon more than a hundred strong came in full force with a proud stride in their postures. It was a diverse collection of aliens and humans half and half. They didn't wear the latest Alliance white armor but makeshift green and black uniforms and gear that made them seem more like pirates or militia but their weapons were fully updated.

At Gress' last statement Minerva smirked underneath the helmet.

"In that case we'll take the tour. Lead the way colonel."

Last edited:

Gress made a motion with a hand to follow him, as he led them all into the trenches. They passed by a Bothan who seemed half-clad in new GADF armor, digging out the trench, clearing a small landslide. "You're doin' good work Gearhead." Gress gave the bothan a pat on the shoulder, before looking back to Minerva. "Pro tip for me. I make sure to know every soldier in my command. I got nearly 600 of 'em. Know 'em all by name. Well...nickname. Way I train my boys, who ya were before don't matter. So long as yer a good soldier, you're part of the family. Most farkin' commanders seem to think that you separate yourself from the grunts. Not here. Hellstompers are here together, as brothers, all of us. I'm just the oldest." He led them deeper, before they came to a clearing. In it, two massive beasts stood at at least 10 stories tall, a pair of massive turbolasers hanging from the chin. "This is where you'll be staying with us." He pointed to the two massive metal compartments hanging off the side of each walker. "That's our mobile barracks. The men eat, sleep, and fight there. Way I see it, you folks are part of the family now. We got plenty more walkers, but those're the only ones you can fly out of with ya fancy jetpacks. We don't got a lot of airpower round here, and the Sphinx's biggest weakspot is the roof. But...it makes for a great vantage point for someone like yourself. Put a couple of your boys up there, you got a vacation spot to watch over the whole battlefield."

To say D'ran's leadership philosophy was admirable was putting it mildly. It was quite similar to her own approach. Your war party is family as she sees it. Generals and admirals don't have the benefit of knowing every member under their command but the field commanders should connect with their troops. The Mandalorian nodded to Garhead in respect as she passed while still following the Devaronian

Once they came to the clearing and saw the Sphinx walkers some of the younger Talons whistled being awed by the sight. Several veterans and newcomers alike whispered among themselves and one Lasat heavy gunner chuckled as a human rifleman made a groan before handing some credits for an earlier bet. As for Minerva she kept looking out at. Turning to one of her platoon leaders, a Sullustan female in emerald and gray hunter's grab and the latter beamed excitedly. She herself had a savage grin considering the possibilities.

Then they and Irini's platoon suddenly flew up together onto the roof of the closest walker. Irni lifted her new sniper rifle, aiming around as Minerva and the other commandos gave their own examinations.

Hornless is right. This has a great vantage point.

Letting Irni stay up for the time Minerva ran and jumped off slowing her descent due to the jetpack. Landing before Gress she looked at him and said.

"I agree with you, Colonel. Such an arrangement has great promise. Our flexibility and speed supporting your firepower and strength would be a formidable force. We just need to test it out."

Last edited:

"First you'll need to get used to the feel, I figure. This farkers may move slow, but they got heft with every step. Just keep an eye out for air strikes if we ever get to do this for real. Like I said, roof is the weak spot. Got some rocket pods on the back, but that's about it. Also, heads up, stay away from the front of the walker when you're flyin' around. That's a capital ship sized ion cannon in front."

A runner ran out of the trench, looking a bit frazzled. "Sir! Scouts on the front trench said Op For aren't waiting for a warning. Command said they're be here any second!"

"...chit." He looked to Minerva with a deep frown. "Alright, get your men ready. Phones!" He called out, yelling to a Toydarian who was fiddling by one of the massive legs with his helmet. The toydarian shot up to attention. "Get the word out. Battlestations!" With that, Gress rushed up to the leg of the walker, and began climbing up to the side.

The Mandalorian was taking in the information when the scout appeared, alerting everyone present of the 'attack.' At Gress' order Minerva immediately called out to her troop via comms.

"Talons to the walkers! One squad on each roof! Everyone else inside now!"

Within moments more than fifty commandos on the ground ascended into the side bay of the first walker and Irni, still on the roof, split her platoon, one squad to stay in position and the other squad flew toward the second walker. Another half of the company made it to the latter's side bay. Onboard gesturing the others forward inside Minerva waited for Gress to get up. Once the Devaranion appeared she explained.

"I have one squad on each roof for now. The rest of my company will wait inside your machines on standby."

The moment they called for battlestations, Gress smiled. Minerva could see it, out of the other trenches poked more walkers. Six Thundercats poked their cabins over the trench line, while Newer Bobcats climbed over their hiding spots in the trenches to launch Raven Droids that flew overhead.

Behind them, Entirely new, 6 Artillery Walkers poked 6 sets of three barrled cannon platforms out of the trenchline, while six more Wildcat tanks drove over the trenchline, and into the fray, alongside five Medium Tanks

All the while, a two full platoons worth of marines were piling into a set of three APCs, the remainder of 124 piling into either the medium tanks, or the Sphinxes alongside the mandos.

As soon as the tanks came over the trench line, from the forest about a football field's length away, rockets fired from the treeline, and though they clearly weren't true AT rockets, they did let out a thud when they hit the front set of tracks of the Wildcats, causing them to 'disable'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom