Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brother, Brother (Marrik)

Word had spread that a Nightbrother had been seeking out to receive training. While there were still Witches on the planet who didn't like men being trained, Lauda had grown up in a big family where all were expected to advance, no matter their gender. So she was fine with that. It made sense really. An army had to be built from all, not just those certain folk chose.

In the outskirts of Morte Clan territory, below the Morte Mountain, the Witch sat on the blanket spread out. There was a basket beside her, filled with a number of scrolls necessary for this. Same ones that had spread the word to her, Lauda used to send word back to the Nightbrother to come and meet her here. If it was training he wanted, this was where he would find her.

[member="Marrik Aloxum"]

Coming into a clearing after receiving a mysterious beckoning from a night sister, Marrik stood before a woman on a blanket with a basket full of scrolls. He had his Legionnaire armor on and his energy now slung on his back, and vibrosword on his hip. His hood pulled over his head until he reached the woman, where he pulled it back, revealing the grey skinned, black tattooed familiar horned head of a Dathomirian.

He bowed slightly, "I am Marrik, I am here to answer your call."

[member="Lauda Cavataio"]

Lauda spotted the newcomer quickly enough, his weak signature announcing his arrival before he had even stepped out into the clearing. Chocolate brown eyes followed soon enough, silently waiting as he approached in the overdone look for this meeting. The armor was not uncommon to the Witches but Lauda often believed it was best to leave it be unless necessary. And it certainly was not necessary here and now.

He introduced himself as Marrik, her gaze studying the tattooed face for a few moments before stood up and tilted her head slightly. "First lesson, brother. The armor is not necessary around me." Then she moved, concentrating on the Force for only a moment before one of the scrolls lifted into the air seemingly on their own and flew into her ready hand. "I can teach you how to cast spells, how to wield magic still so foreign to this world, I can show you how to be come a better warrior from the best armored ones." She moved as she spoke, making a circle around the man. Their magic and the Force were both equally powerful and dangerous, each in their own way. The armor itself was useful, yes, but there were far better ways of handing ones enemy.

Halting when she was in front of him once more, Lauda looked up for her gaze to match his height. "Is this way you have sought me out?" The Witch finally asked, her fingers gently moving over the delicate parchment of the scroll, waiting.

[member="Marrik Aloxum"]

Noticing the remark was more of a request rather than a suggestion, Marrik took off his Legion breastplate and cloak, now he only wore his combat pants and under shirt. He placed his weapons on the ground at his feet as well...

"Yes. I am here to learn our magic. I wish to become a better warrior."

Marrik had fought Sith and soldier alike, and now he wished to be able to take them all down equally. Training with the Dathomirian Witches would allow him the ability to do so.

[member="Marrik Aloxum"] took the hint being a request rather than advice quickly enough and removed his armor. Lauda did not acknowledge it any way, merely continued out with the present course. He was here to learn their magic and to become a better warrior.

She undid the string holding the scroll but held it in her hands still while she would explain. "Test of Fury is your first trial. It was usually performed when our four moons were brightest and you face an opponent. But since it's just the two of us, I will be your opponent today." She offered a tiny smile at the end of it. This would not be an actual battle of course. But some form of the Test itself needed to be done.

"On the blanket, you have five scrolls. Four of which are Initiate spells, one a Spellweaver spell. You will choose your first spell. But know that if you find the spellweaver test... I'll help you, it's a shield spell... you will also have to find another spell that will boost your power to be able to cast it." These Nightsister tests were still a bit odd for Lauda. Centuries ago when she had began her own training, things were different. Morte Clan of course identified itself as neutral, no matter what their members were. But this was no the way of the Nightsisters and brothers.

Releasing the spell from her hand, she let her telekinesis send it back to the pile. It was already another help, as it was an open spell, this one a initiate spell. But of course, if Marrik chose not to use her help, it didn't have to. "Once you have chosen a spell, you have one hour to learn it. Then you will cast the spell five times. Do not worry if it first you do not succeed, that is why you have five attempts that have to be made. After you've done that for the first one, you don't have to worry about the rest of the spells. If you succeed, the rest will come to you more easy."

Once she stopped explaining, Lauda merely pointed to the pile. "You may begin."

Marrik pondered the instructions, then stepped to the scrolls. He gazed over them and let his feelings guide his hand. He instinctively moved for the one on the far right.

"I select this one," holding it in his hand presenting it to Lauda.

He unwrapped the twine binding the paper and began to unroll it...

Lauda glanced over his shoulder to see which spell he had found. Tempest spell, first stage. She nodded. It was a fun little thing. "Alright then. You have your task. One hour." They would see how well he could do with the Trial. The outcome of it would depend on his training continued. The spell itself of course was a weak one so it wouldn't really be a fair fight. Depending on what he chose, Lauda already knew how she would react. This one though would warrant no response on her part. She would merely have to feel the breeze once he cast it.

"Remember. Five times. And make sure your pronunciation is correct and your mind only on what you're doing." The last bit though was a lesson he would have to remember for the future as well. All spells required that. The outcome could potentially be disastrous, on the caster more so than anyone else. "Begin."

[member="Marrik Aloxum"]

Marrik studied the writings, the words formed in his head as he recited the scripture in his own words. They felt right in his mind, he hoped it would change the weather according to the scroll.

"Terra parens, da mihi virtutem ventum. Cover of vestri ventus cum aeterna." **

**Earth mother, give me the strength of your breath. Cover me with the wind of your eternal.

Lauda merely stood there waiting. First came silence and then [member="Marrik Aloxum"] chanted the spell for the first time. And as expected, nothing happened. So she said nothing. He had another four times to go following that go. By the time he had gone through his five, there was no reason for him to fail unless he was indeed incapable of casting magic. But after one go, there was no reason to suspect either way. They would wait and see.

"Terra parens, da mihi virtutem ventum. Cover of vestri ventus cum aeterna." Marrik chanted again, after the wind did not answer his call. Again, try two was unsuccessful.

"Terra parens, da mihi virtutem ventum. Cover of vestri ventus cum aeterna." For the third time, this time he felt the air get slightly cooler. Something was happening, just not enough was happening. On to attempt four.

"Terra parens, da mihi virtutem ventum. Cover of vestri ventus cum aeterna." Then he could hear the slight rustling of the leaves of the trees. One leaf fell, but not straight down. It took a slightly angled path, as if it were being guided by an invisible hand.

Marrik closed his eyes, focused on the words, the desired outcome and the will of his soul...

"Terra parens, da mihi virtutem ventum. Cover of vestri ventus cum aeterna."

He could hear off in the distance the sound of leaves churning in wind, but he did not know if that was him or just his imagination hoping he succeeded.

At first, there was nothing. As it always was. But quickly enough, Lauda could feel the magic activating around her. [member="Marrik Aloxum"] indeed had the gift. Then at last when the leafs ruffled, the Witch was sure. A Nightbrother truly stood in front of her.

Extending her hand, she summoned the already half-unbinded spell to her. It flew to her. "Good. You want to attempt to aim it at me or shall we move on to a more active spell?" An offer. Tempest could do little at this point. While the test itself would require Marrik to attack or defend himself with it at this point, the particular spell couldn't really do either at this point. Later though, he would be able to do so much more.

"Witches use a different method of learning. They first cover all the spells a young Witch or Jai has to learn during their trial and then they are tested." It was the way Lauda had been thought as the Morte clan had once been neutral. Before she receieved an answer to her question though, she offered the scroll to him. "Telekinesis. Most basic but in some ways most useful both as a spell and a power. The key is only the limitation your mind sets for you. Be mindful of what I've told you earlier, all spells require concentration. But this time, you only need to do it once."

Chocolate eyes wandered off from the Nightbrother for just a moment and she soon found a smaller rock just resting on the ground. "Learn the spell and use it on that," she intructed and pointed to the chosen object.

Marrik simply nodded and accepted the scrolls, he unrolled it and began to mouth the words to himself, the pronunciation was a little more difficult, but he got it down.

He stood tall, closed his eyes and focused on the rock to the side. He imagined it rising and flying to his hands, then he spoke the words of the chant strongly and confidently.

Dai poteri delle streghe prima di me, mi viene il potere sugli oggetti, mi il potere di muoversi come vedo in forma!

The rock lifted slowly, then all at once rushed towards Marrik, he opened his eye in time to snatch the rock before it slammed into his chest. He looked over to [member="Lauda Cavataio"]. He raised the rock to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom