Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Broken Promises

Cyressa Tiberos

C

fewa78.png

Wearing: XoXo
Tag: Romin Renoux Romin Renoux
dsa.png

It’d been some of the loveliest weather she’d ever borne witness to in her lifetime on Jaemus, yet she hadn’t been able to enjoy it - not entirely. Turning from the fountained courtyard, her skirts twirled around her like a silver cloud of elegance, hugging her slender frame, mindful to pace her stride so as not to appear as flustered and agitated as she felt and invite further gossip. Instead she kept her shoulders stately squared and her head held high. Ulysses had requested she promenade with his son and heir, yet Romin did not even consider her important enough to arrive and spare her the humiliation of being left alone, suffering under the pitiful stares and critical whispers of the courtiers.

Perhaps it was better this way, she told herself, glad that for once she would not have to endure an afternoon spent being forced to play a role, masked beneath a veil of feigned pleasantries and platitudes. Though, the thought briefly crossed her mind of what Ulysses would do if he discovered they’d never met.

Roxy would rue the day Ulysses tried to force her into doing anything.

The thought elicited a small smile to feather across her rouge stained lips, wishing she possessed the courage to be as openly bold as her sister, to refuse to be cowed into submission and emerge from beneath that ever looming shadow that was the great Lord Ulysses. No, she could not be the container for such a wild spirit, her own methods had to be more subtle in their approach.

It was a bitter testament of how little power she had.

Rounding a corner, mired deep in contemplation and not paying proper heed to her surroundings, Cyressa found herself on a direct collision course into something solid. Her lashes fluttered upwards, her cheeks washing with color as she began a series of apologies and excuses - stopping midway when she realized whom she was looking at.

“Romin?” her lips pulled into a thin line, a momentary lapse that showcased her displeasure, a crack in her carefully constructed façade that was quickly reconstructed into something soft and polite. "You are late by an hour,” she said recklessly, then softly cleared her throat, “What I mean is, I was starting to grow concerned that you were either detained or ill - being the gentleman you are, I know you would have otherwise sent word.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Renoux.png

H O U S E • R E N O U X

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Cyressa Tiberos

He was late… again. Romin had been making a habit of that in recent weeks. The weight that every detail of his life was not his choice had created a desire to do what he wanted. This had made him appear to be a jerk, even though he was generally kind hearted and considerate. Thanks to his mother’s influence he was mostly the opposite of his father. Romin was more benevolent than brutal, but he was not entirely innocent.

It had been about an hour since he was supposed to meet Cyressa on the promenade. The daughter of the rebellious Tiberos household was a beautiful specimen, and it only made it awkward that they had been raised almost as siblings. His father had once expected they would wed, and while there was not as much talk of it now, the two often wondered if they were still going to be forced into a marriage neither of them wanted.

Well, Romin was certain neither of them wanted it. It was not that the young woman was not desirable, but Romin did not want to be forced to marry anyone. Cyressa had to be of the same mind. It would be something for them to agree on at least.

His head was down as he rushed to meet his intended, and suddenly he was at a complete halt. They had run into each other and his arms were full of her fabric and the soft form of her mature figure.

“I apologize,” he said, helping her back to her proper footing. “I was neither ill nor detained. I will not presume to lie to you about it.”

He offered his arm as he motioned for the courtyard where they were meant to be seen earlier. Suddenly he felt like taking the stroll which had earlier been mandatory.

“It is not fair that you feel the effects of my current disagreements with my father. I was thoughtless and inconsiderate of the position it would put you in.”

Romin stopped and looked her in the eye.

“Forgive me.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom