Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring The Wayward Ones Back Home

Back to the start.

Where it had all begun.

Kai had not seen the sprawling world of Dromund Kaas since she was an infant. Since Levia's mother had stolen her away before casting her aside. She did not know the streets she was walking along, she had never seen them before, yet she strode with a purpose all the same.

It was here that her childhood was snatched away. This world which had goaded into existence the events which led her into the clutches of pirates. So young, so malleable, so helpless.

How could any mother be so heartless toward an innocent child? Bitterness was a vice, and she had been the one to pay for her Father's sins.

Her hands fidgeted at her side. Kyne walked close at hand, obedient to heel, yet even so she could feel the glaring eyes of strangers bore into her. Into him. She supposed the hound was a little out of place in such an urban sprawl, here in the Capital. She did not care.

She had no clue of where to find them, she had no name save her own.

But she had to find out why. Why had she been taken. Why hadn't he come to find her? He had been an Imperial Officer, and a high standing one at that. Surely he'd had resources at his disposal. Surely there had been some way...

Surely nothing.

Because it hadn't happened, had it?

[member='Galen Adina']

Galen Adina

Medic, Professor, and Jedi.
[member="Kyra Sol"]

Galen had felt the remnants of the Dark Power that had once held this planet in thrall. It shook him to the spine that evil could run so deep that it could be felt in the trees and plants.

Still he wasn't here for Force business, he was there to perform some business as an academic from Onderon. His notes had pointed him to the location of a rare plant that he needed to synthesize a medical chemical that could be used to ease the pain of surgery by placing the person in a deeper sleep than common anesthesia.

A local officer had found the plant and he had come here as a potential buyer, if the plant could assist in holding the structure of the synthesis together he would happily use his research budget buying the plant.

He wandered the streets, holding his journals in awkward positions attempting to read them before heading to the rest station he would be staying at for his time on this planet.

His books fell to the floor as he turned a corner heading down towards his abode, notes flying everywhere as he ran into a woman wondering down the streets.

A moment of shock at his notes falling into puddles on the ground from the constant rain of Dromund Kaas turned into embarrassment as his gaze turned upwards to meet the woman. "Sorry about that, are you okay." He rubbed his head before leaning down to pick up the journals before they were thoroughly soaked, but he didn't let this one unfortunate accident ruin his entire trip.

She realized, with each step she took, that this was a very fruitless venture.

The Empire was gone, had been gone for so very long now, and other forces had taken the world for themselves since. Heck, Jedi held it now. The likelihood of such a high standing Officer still being alive was slim to none. The chances of them being here? Zero. There was exactly zero chance that her Father remained. Or his family.

So why was she here? Why was she continuing on? She had no name, no destination, nothing. Nobody could help her, and even if they had known of her Father, if they even remembered who he was, she doubted they would tell her. The Empire hadn't exactly been kind to its citizens.

Kriff it, then. Maybe she should just... What? Do what, exactly? Nothing. She had no lifeline, no ties. Even Jyn had gone missing, the only member of her family she knew to be alive.

Her thoughts where interrupted as somebody walked into her path and the pair were both knocked back. Papers went everywhere, and even in her momentary shock she knew better than to let them stay in the rain soaked ground for too long. Stooping down she did her best to pick some up, before handing them off to the apologetic stranger.

Kyne growled just a little, but she hushed him with a hand in his fur and shrugged to what the stranger said.

"It's fine, honestly, no harm done. Here, let me get that..."

A small journal had fallen right beside her foot, and she reached down to pluck it from the puddle before it got too damaged.

[member="Galen Adina"]

Galen Adina

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Galen smiled at the woman as she bent down to help him, not too many people around the galaxy were as considerate.

"Thank you ma'am. Most people I've met on this jewel of a planet wouldn't spend the time of day trying to save my work." Making sure his disdain for the planet was clearly visible in the way that he said jewel.

A quick inspection told Galen that a few of his journals had been thoroughly soak, but a good majority had been successfully saved in time. He quickly shoved the papers into the satchel that hung from his side, with the looks papers folding a crumpling into the bag. He looked back up to the girl in front of him, noticing that he held his personal journal.

"That book is my newest work, I've been trying to find a medical plant for my work." He spoke with a pride in his work, it had taken him quite long to track down the plant.

Kyra watched as he crumpled up the sheets and shoved what he could into his satchel. She noted moreso the watersoaked journals, drenched by the horrible world they were both unhappily walking upon, which had her frowning. He had heard of datapads, right?

It didn't make sense for someone to use something which could be so readily damaged if it wasn't necessary. Especially if it was deemed important. Still, to each their own. What did she know? She was just a junker. Hadn't kept a journal in her whole entire life!

"Belongings are belongings" she offered, with a shrug, "I wouldn't want my things water damaged, figured you wouldn't either."

She reached to the back of her belt, pulling out a slender tool which she usually used to help with welding and the like, before turning her attention to his sodden satchel.

"If you want - if you had time - I can help dry them off?"

Offering out the book he had mentioned, she gave a small smile.

"You came to DK for a plant? You aren't gonna find many plants in the Capital, at least none out of the ordinary."

That much she knew to be true. Most of the plants in this part, at least, were artificial... Although the jungles were pretty dense around the City from what she had seen. Maybe he'd have more luck out there? Though it wasn't a path anyone should be taking alone. Lots of predators in these parts.

[member="Galen Adina"]

Galen Adina

[member="Kyra Sol"]

An appreciative smile came across his face as she empathized with him. "Well none the less I thank you, the Outer Rim isn't well known for being the land of Good Samaritans."

He took the drenched book from her hands, and violently shook it as droplets fell off the leather casing into the pools below them. "While I appreciate the thought, unless you know a good lifehack for drying paper without tearing or smudging the writing I'll have to let them dry naturally."

Galen put the book in his satchel with the rest of his belongings, hoping that none of his papers had torn. Most people told him to update to the norms and simply use datapads and such, but they lacked the intimacy of pencil and paper. The way that books felt, read, and even smelled was ruined by the adaption of electricity to them and he preferred to stay stuck in the past.

"Oh heaven's no, I am buying the plant from a fellow explorer and plant gatherer. A rather nervous and secretive man however, he left few directions and our interactions were oddly short." In fact the more he thought of it, their discussions were a bit suspicious.

His eyes glimpsed over the girl in front of him, she carried herself confidently and appeared clearly healthy. "Actually I would love for you to accompany me to our deal, I do have some reservations about meeting alone and you seem like a perfectly capable woman if you want to accompany me." If this was indeed a trap she could have his back, if not he would still have someone to keep him company,

"You'd be surprised by the things I know how to do" she said, with a slight grin, "Give me a moment, and they'll be dry as bone. No damage to the paper, I swear..."

Whether or not he would trust her with his precious papers remained to be seen. No matter, though, as it seemed he had other things in mind. "Sounds shady, if you want my opinion, but I'll accompany you." Her hand patted her belt, where her ole reliable lay, before a slight smile met her lips. "I'll keep you safe, you ole scholar, not like I've anything better to do now is it?"

No, DK had been a very fruitless venture. No point in sticking around looking for answers that were not to be had. The Empire was gone, and with it all chances of her ever finding her parents. They were probably dead, her Father likely accused of war crimes. Serves the fool right.

She had no love for the man who had never once tried to get his daughter back.

"Not gonna trust you with my blaster - no offense, but she's my baby - but... Incase this fella tries anything and I'm not quick on the draw" who was she kidding, she was a pretty good shot... "I'd like you to have this." She reached into her boot and pulled out a vibroknife. Very high quality. Handing it to him, hilt first, she continued. "Find someplace to hide it. Now... You have a name for this guy? If there's anything to be known about him, I can tell you..."

[member="Galen Adina"]

Galen Adina

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Galen's face scrunched up as he gave the woman a quick examination, noting her stance and clothing. She was right about it sounding shady, perhaps he was too much of the trusting sort, so what better than to go to a suspicious meeting with an armed stranger he just met. The smile returned to his face as she mentioned how she had nothing to do, a small chuckle escaping his mouth. "I suppose you don't." He slung the leather satchel off of his back and extended it towards the woman. "Alright, I'll trust you with them. Just be careful okay?"

"I insist you keep it, I'm not the best around weapons to be perfectly honest. I'm as likely to hit somebody as I am to blast my leg off." Another chuckle came from his mouth before his face went straight as the girl drew the knife from her boot. Galen hesitantly grabbed the weapon from her hand, holding it with two fingers by the hilt.

"I appreciate the thought, but between us I hope we don't have to rely on my knife skills." His face cracked into a nervous smile before he put the weapon in the hilt of his belt.

He put his hand to his chin and his eyes drifted as he attempted to remember the details of the meet. "The fellows name is Gir Andias, I attempted to look him up on the holonet but I couldn't find any solid information on him. He sounded like a trustworthy man in our messages and seems very excited to make the deal."

Kyra grinned as she took the satchel from him and took out a small tool from the back of her belt. Out of nowhere she settled to the ground, right there in the middle of the path, and settled the pack of notes in her lap. She swung her backpack from her shoulder and settled it in the puddle, it was leather and unlikely to get too damp after all.

From inside she pulled out a thin slither of metal, and a single heat resistant glove, listening as he spoke. He had been reluctant to take the knife but she felt better knowing he had it.

The tool she had previously grabbed was set against the underneath of the metal, after she had slipped on the glove, and both it and the metal seemed to glow for a moment. After a short while, before he was done speaking though, she set the tool aside and reached into the satchel for the papers most damaged by the water.

Carefully, slowly, the heated metal began to dry the paper, without doing so much as an ounce of actual damage. She handed him the bone dry paper, before moving on to the next. Throughout their conversation she would continue on this way, until only the damp satchel remained. And that was easier to dry than the papers.

"Well... Keep it on you. Who knows, maybe everything will be fine... If not, just stick'em with the pointy end and make a run for it. I'll deal with the rest." Who knew, perhaps she could take some time out afterward to show him how to use it. That or the blaster...

When she was given his name, the stranger that was, she closed her eyes for a second to tap into her implant. Connection on DK wasn't bad at all, and it took her no time at all to begin a search. Anything that could be found would be found, but what lay on the holonet for her to find?

[You can decide what she finds out, if anything at all, since this is your NPC ;) [member="Galen Adina"] ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom