Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Brainstorming other uses for the fortunetelling thread format

So I've done a couple threads now with this drop-in format and they've been wildly enjoyable (for me anyway):
The format engages UCs in a low-stakes way that benefits all participants, engages funky AI art, engages drop-in stuff for people who don't want to commit to more than a couple posts, and scratches the random encounter itch. It's sort of like an IC Marketplace thread, except that what you 'get' is custom/personal and it's RP posts that generate UC.

Now my real question is how else this kind of format could be applied. Fortunetelling and backalley ad-hoc extemporaneous alchemy stalls feel like they're ultra-specific examples of a format that could be useful for a whole lot of other things.

I'm just tossing this thread up to brainstorm and see what ideas get sparked. Thoughts?

Wine, Women, Fury, Death and Darkness
Hmm... Maybe you could make a few minor artifacts (necklaces, rings, etc.) that could grant minor buff/debuff boons to the owner, coupled with neat naming systems like some RPGs do, that are recharged by certain alchemist rituals? Might be a bit of a tricky thing to fit into Star Wars, though, within reason. Example: Minor Sith Ring of Shadow Despair.

Hmm... Maybe you could make a few minor artifacts (necklaces, rings, etc.) that could grant minor buff/debuff boons to the owner, coupled with neat naming systems like some RPGs do, that are recharged by certain alchemist rituals? Might be a bit of a tricky thing to fit into Star Wars, though, within reason. Example: Minor Sith Ring of Shadow Despair.
Always good fun to be had with that. Could dovetail nicely with threads like these, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom