Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boy, Howdy!

Hi there,

I am a new guy and looking forward to participating in the story. Because I play a Sith Inquisitor in some other Universe (which doesn't exist of course in this Universe ;)) I would like to make a Jedi who becomes a Guardian/Watchman class. I have read the rules and understand not to be an idiot to others nor make a God-like character out of fairness.

However, and I feel dumb for not being able to find it, but what's the general back story? I see it's 830-something ABY and the One Sith are back. I also see several familiar factions like the Mandalorians and new ones like the Silver Jedi.

Could someone link me to the back story I probably have missed, please? I have seen the faction control map and at least have an idea of who is where, relatively speaking.

Welcome [member="cowboyrepeater"]!

By hovering over the Holonet navigation item at the top of the page, the drop-down list will give you a selection of items to help give you an understanding of the current timeline and events that have happened, as well as a galaxy map to display which factions currently control which sectors. The Wiki is a great tool for referencing material for weapons, armor, verbiage, and lore. Lastly, the blogs section will link you to the most recent entries by the members of the board. Please feel free to browse them!

The Factions navigation item with take you to the list of currently established major and minor factions, which you may choose to join at your discretion once you make your first character.

Before getting started, you'll want to read the Rules section to see the general guidelines of using the site, as well as how to properly create your character(s), as well as custom items, lore, planets, etc within the Factory. Also within the rules section you can see the RP rules, as well as how ranks & promotions work.

When you are ready to make your character, check out the two links below, these will help get you going, but the template is just a base-line. Feel free to check out other member's biography pages for more ideas and borrow their style if you like!
Banned Species/Characters
Character Creation Rules & Template

And finally, this link will bring you to the tutorial and guide section where you can read up more on specific things.

There is quite a bit of initial reading, but it will all come together for you. If you have any questions, again, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone here is happy to answer questions, and we're glad you joined us and hope you have a great time!

Seraphina, thank you for pointing that out. I am using a tablet as my laptop is toast and I can't hover with a mouse. The storyline looks very interesting indeed!

As I had said, I want to go totally opposite my Sith Inquisitor elsewhere so I think I will make a female Padawan, small but mighty!

[member="cowboyrepeater"] You'll want to upload the photo to an image host such as tinypic or picpaste, and then using the 'image' button within the posting options here, paste the link to the image and it will display.

[member="cowboyrepeater"]
Click your name/avatar, or navigate to the top of the screen and click the your avatar/name there, go to the blank avatar image, click on it (should say "Change" in the top right corner) and then select an image to upload or URL to one. If you're using the mobile site version then you can use the "Full version" of the site, at the bottom of the screen, in order to perform this.

Edit: If you meant on your character sheet, do as instructed above.

Ah, yes [member="cowboyrepeater"] if you meant for your avatar, do as Darth Vitamin advises. I was assuming you meant to post an image in your character profile thread (or in a post in general)

[member="Darth Vitium"]

Kind of sort of...You just click 'apply' to the Galactic Republic faction with your character, located here

One of the faction admins will give you access when they have a moment. Other than that, there is no real application or anything.

(One thing to note: If you plan on using your Twi'lek character under the writer account you are using now, you'll want to edit your profile 'Display Name' to reflect that instead of [member="cowboyrepeater"], otherwise you'll want to create a Character Subaccount from within your profile and use that instead. The admins prefer each person use their display name as the character they are playing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom