Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bond's Lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
823.jpg

Image Source: http://www.saberforge.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/823.jpg
Intent: A personal weapon for Bond
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Bond
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Bond
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Phrik, Dead Force-Imbued Shard, Discharge energy cell, Diatium power cell
Description: On linking with his droid body, Bond removed parts of the droid's former electrostaff in order to make his own weapon. He fused together the bodies of his dead great-grandparents to make the focus of his lightsaber. The three claws on the blade emitter are mostly ornamental, but they function as an emergency weapon in case he's not able to activate his blade in time. His grandparents, having been gold colored, provided a golden blade to the weapon. The phrik taken from the droid's old weapon allows resistance to some lightsaber energy, but results in difficulty with modularity.
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: Hand and a half
Length: 2/3s of a meter (handle), 1 1/3 meters (blade)
Weight: 2kg
Special Features:
- Resistant to other lightsabers, because of phrik
- Dead Shard results in longer-than-normal blades
- Greater reach than other melee weapons, because of extended handle and blade
- Electronic activation trigger can only be activated by an electronic pulse, so organics basically can't activate it with their hands. An organic can, however, use a small pulse-wave generator to activate the saber.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Bond"]

Firstly, we require a Bio before players can RP, so I can't very well approve your character's weapon as your character doesn't exist yet. Next, and the force imbued shard will require dev threads, and shards don't give a more powerful blade than normal. Phrik, as a restricted material, will also require a dev thread. While I don't mind the electronic pulse turning it on I'll need you to mention if there are any loopholes to the effect that allow for an organic to bypass it, and the force lightning effect will also require a dev thread, and wouldn't work as you intended(Force based lightning reacts differently than normal electricity). Lastly, I'm going to need the length to be expressed in meters rather than feet.

@me if you have any questions or have edited and I'll be glad to help you out.

[member="Valik"]

There seemed to be a delay between my weapon post and my profile post...

Put them down at the same time...

Anyway, is the standard-issue Phrik MagnaGuard pike fair game, or is that gonna need a dev thread? Just wanna know, 'cause I don't know how else to arm this guy, otherwise...

I'll start making a dev thread for the lightsaber, though!

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Bond"]

Simple canon stuff like Vibroblades and Electrostaffs are cool, as long as you don't go claiming exclusive artifacts without work and such(Saying "Hey I found Bacca's Blade from KOTOR offscreen" would be a no for example). @me when you've gotten the dev thread(s) done.

[member="Valik"]

Haven't finished all the dev threads I want, and I'm being told by the Mandalorians that Banshee I can't do new threads since they 'captured' us....

But that's not your problem, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom