Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood, Sweat, and Tears. (Republic Army)

Maximus Stanforth

M
Maximus stepped out into the fresh morning air in full armor an unlit cigar hanging from his mouth his helmet clipped to his waist, His rifle strapped to his back. It was a good day for training and Maximus was in a hurry to get started with his new unit. It was just a shame there were no battles going on to jump right into.

Jogging the two miles to the obstacle course where his new Troopers were waiting Maximus sang a little tune to himself the cigar hanging on in his mouth for dear life. When he arrived he saw a gaggle of sorry excuses for soldiers standing around in PT gear. Maximus shook his head.

"What kind of formation is this...........you call this a formation?"

The soldiers turned quickly some of them noticeably jumping at the sound of him yelling.

"What a sorry bunch of soldiers I see if front of me a column of two now." "Move it troopers we don't have all day." "What are you waiting on Christmas." "MOVE YOUR BACK SIDES."

Once they were assembled Maximus paced up and down the line looking at them critiquing every aspect of their appearance and expression. After a few minutes Maximus squared himself in front of them.

"Blood, Sweat, and tears." "You will find plenty of blood, sweat, and tears here gentlemen if you can even be called gentlemen." "Today we run the obstacle course and we will run it until every last man and woman here can complete this course in full combat gear as a unit."

Maximus let that sink in for a few minutes before finishing.

"You go into combat in armor and you will train in armor here." "I will run you until you puke, until you can't run anymore." "I will make you hard, I will make you fearless, and you will hate me." "I will make you hate me but by the end of this training cycle you will be ready to take the fight to the enemy." "To keep going when all others can't."

Maximus smiles.

"You have exactly 15 minutes to be in full armor weapon included and be back here to run this course."

"MOVE."

Maximus Stanforth

M
When they all got back into the column of two Maximus walked down the line starting with the first one inspecting their armor and weapon for cleanliness and functionality.

"Listen up men your Armor is your skin." "Take care of it and it will take care of you." "Clean it daily, repair it as needed, and for feth's sake get used to the weight and feel of it." "Your weapon is your life." "It will be the only thing that stops your enemy from stopping you." "If it malfunctions when you needed it most you will fail not only yourself but your fellow soldiers."

When Maximus got to the last Trooper he gave a firm nod unclipping his helmet from his side.

"Now line it up at the beginning of the course with buckets on." "I will start us off in the first pair." "The next pair goes in 45 second intervals." "You pass the pair in front of you and you will run until I get tired." "Each pair completes each obstacle together." "You leave one to go to the next before the other Trooper in your pair finish the current obstacle and you will both run until I get tired."

Maximus moves to the front of the left column and turns to face the group.

"Any questions?" .................................. "OUTSTANDING." "Time starts now."

With that Maximus puts on his helmet, turns to the Soldier to his right and gives a quick nod before approaching the first obstacle.

Kiyron

K
Kiyron saunterd over to the obstacle course watching the exercise with some amusement, faint Captain bars visible on his uniform. It was always amusing to watch units get run through the obstacle course. Nostalgic almost, reminding him of back when he was with the Wildcards. It's been a while since he'd run the obstacle course. Been busy with other things lately. Tracking down Vong tissue. Surviving Vong poison. Being stuck in medbays and dowsed in bacta.

Hardly pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, for any of them, and swing wide from boring to overstimulating. The leader here seemed of good quality. Willing to lead from the front. Excellent motivator. This could be amusing to watch. He lingered along the edge, walking from obstacle to obstacle, observing.

Maximus Stanforth

M
Maximus leaped over the first log dropping underneath the second one turning to check on the Soldier to his right. Seeing the soldier keeping pace Maximus charged over to the jumping up grabbing the lowest when and executing a text book pull up chicken winging it and swinging his leg up to be able to reach the second one above it.

Glancing over Maximus made sure the man was getting up and over before they both flipped over the top bar climbing down to the second one before dropping back to the ground.

Underneath his helmet Maximus smiled at seeing at least some of them were maintaining top physical condition.

Next came a serious of five logs requiring you to jump the first, crawl under the second, jump the third, under the fourth, and over the fifth.

Turning Maximus paused as his buddy was two logs behind giving the chance to gaze at the rest of the group going through the course behind him.

Maximus Stanforth

M
When his partner caught up Maximus nodded running up to the next obstacle the wall. Maximus ran up jumping to grab at the top missing it the first time Maximus chuckled shaking his head before trying again.

On the second try Maximus got a foot planted to give the added push needed to get a grip on the wall. Pulling up Maximus chicken winged the wall swinging a leg up straddling it.

Maximus looked at his partner as the man tried once to get up the wall but much like Maximus failed. On the second try the man got one hand on the wall but slipped. On the third try Maximus leaned down catching the man's wrist.

Through the private communication link in their helmet's Maximus spoke to the man.

"Come on Cpl up the wall give me your other hand."

Helping the man up Maximus clapped a hand on the soldier's shoulder.

Speaking privately again to him.

"We succeed as a team or we fail as a team." "Always remember that."

With a nod Maximus dropped down the other side of the wall waiting on the man to do the same before proceeding to the next obstacle.

Maximus Stanforth

M
Maximus ran to the last obstacle in the course the rope ladder. Grabbing the it Maximus wrapped his feet up using the strength in his legs instead of his upper body to make the slow steady climb up to the top slapping the bell with a free hand before checking on the progress of the Cpl.

Maximus smiled shaking his head softly as the Cpl made it to the top but used entirely the strength of his arms and upper body. When the Cpl rang the bell they worked their way down the rope starting the jog around to the front of the course.

It was then that Maximus noticed the observe moving towards him. As he got closer Maximus noticed the Captain's bar popping a crisp salute.

"Sir, what brings you to the O-course looking to get in some practice?" "My guys can be done in another half hour."

[member="Kiyron "]

Kiyron

K
Kiyron returned the salute briefly, and then dropped, still observing the rest. He turned and shrugged, wincing as it pulled on the skin that was still healing. What had brought him? Nothing, really. Just walking around.

"No worries, Lieutenant. The rush is all from your initiative. The doctors frown on me running the o-course at this time." He gave a small half-smile. They had been rather insistent about that. Nothing strenuous yet. Walking was good. Boring, but good. It was rebuilding the muscles, but not tearing anything.

"Just going beginning rehab, more or less."

Maximus Stanforth

M
[member="Kiyron "]

Maximus dropped the salute removing his helmet as the Captain spoke revealing a few scars of his own mainly the rather large one on his face.

Maximus frowned.

"Initiative Sir?" "This is nothing more than a little team building excersize." "I call it Blood, Sweat, and Tears Sir." "Shed them here so you are less likely to on the field." "After all there are no time outs in combat."

Maximus turned slightly as he catch a lone soldier running from the end of the course back to the front.

"Apologises Sir a moment."

Turning to the soldier. "Private where is your buddy?"

When the Solider looked around pointing at the next to the last obstacle Maximus shook his head.

"Private what did I say about leaving your buddy?"

Not waiting for an answer Maximus kept going.

"Start running Private, perimeter of the field until told to stop." "Cpl have the Plt Sgt reorganize the Plt with different partners and run it again." "Fill in the gap with the Private who's buddy is doing laps."

Maximus turned back to the Captain.

"Apologises Sir, I swear some of the newer guys think they can take on the whole Sith Army by themselves."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom