Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood, Fantasy Violence, and Suggestive Themes

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
The artist sat in a side booth of a greasy spoon sort of cantina situated a few levels below the tarmac 'surface' of Denon. This was not quite her typical establishment, and it was fairly apparent that none of the patrons here were particularly accustomed to one of her elegance being here, either. The draping sleeves of her burgundy robe almost obnoxiously exhibited a sort of classy persona that was not usually to be found here.

And yet Mia was perhaps the lowest of the scum in the minds of many--if only they knew. But on this occasion, she was only a bit of decor to the weathered walls of this pub, simply waiting on the arrival of her client. To pass the time until his entry, the entertainer worked a few magic tricks with the deck of mystery cards she had on hand for this sort of activity. While she did not believe that anyone's future could be determined by a drawing of cards, Mia had learned to interpret them all the same in order to afford her customers the 'complete experience'.

But she preferred to read her visitors. She considered there to be some truth in the markings on one's face and hands, and she assumed that this [member="Xavka Duquo"] would agree. He was the one who had made this appointment, after all.

And so she waited.

Xavka had left the majority of his possessions aboard his ship so as to be able to seamlessly slip through the crowds This, however, left him with his cane, chain belt, Emeici, Senbon and nothing else apart from the black silk jacket and trousers he wore. Spying his destination ahead he angled himself towards, so as to not drawn attention to himself by pushing people out of his way. He preferred to stay hidden in this case, as a test of his skills.

Slipping into the dimly lit cantina, Xavka made out the woman he had come to meet, [member="Mia Maslova"]. Paying her no attention for the moment he instead made his way to the bar. He waited until he had the bar keeps attention before speaking. "Pop a skull please and get me a fixer." He had recently learnt Smuggler's Cant and was trying to use it much as possible so as to get accustomed to using it. Taking the two drinks when they were slid towards him, he turned and stepped into the mass of people.

"M'lady." He greeted as he slid into the seat opposite Mia, sliding across the more expensive drink as he did so. A dry smirk grew across his lips, twisting his facial scars while he kept his eyes locked with hers. "Fancy meeting you here of all places."

Beowoof

She had made sure to pick one of the dimmer side booths on purpose, of course. There was nothing wrong with attracting a little attention, but for the whole cantina to see what business they were carrying out was unnecessary. Who knew if this guy was married, anyway? A meeting like this could be perceived as suspicious under certain circumstances.

"Good evening," Mia greeted, at once preparing the incense for the proper atmosphere of the 'performance'. A candle would be too much and betray the very reason she had chosen a dark booth in the first place. "Thank you for the drink. And I'm glad you made it." The entertainer had had many sorts of unique beverages in her time, but this one was new to her, and she wondered briefly how the man before her had come across this particular drink.

But it was no matter. What was probably more important was why he carried such varied weaponry. "Expecting violence in your future, Master? But we haven't even begun to seek that out!" she playfully remarked.

Xavka let out a soft snort at Mia's playful remark, however it was not done harshly. "I'm a Zabrak, my dear lady. I always expect violence. And, your welcome, for the drink." He took a sip of his drink while reaching out to gently catch her hand before Mia could light the incense. "I understand that ambience can add something to a performance, however, please do not light incense in my presence. I do not think that my nose nor stomach could handle it." He smiled, revealing pointed teeth, as he released her hand.

Leaning back in his chair he took another sip of his drink before replacing in on the table and crossing his hands behind his head. "Shall we begin?"

[member="Mia Maslova"]

Beowoof

In truth, there was nothing special to the incense except that they helped people relax and get 'in the mood'. But apparently it did not suit the Zabrak well, so she would oblige his request and tuck away the incense sticks. "We'll begin if you're ready," she answered, gesturing towards his hands and motioning against the tabletop. "Would you like to start with the cards first? They are related to your circumstances, whereas my readings of your hands and digits contribute directly to your physical and spiritual self."

Xavka chuckled lowly. "I do not believe in cards telling the future, past or present. People hear the prediction then twist them to fit the truth. Please," he out his hands, "proceed with the reading of my hands and digits." He couldn't hold back the small smirk at the way that was worded. "That fits in line with my beliefs. That the important, pivotal points of our lives are scribed into our flesh by the Gods and Goddesses upon our birth."

[member="Mia Maslova"]

Beowoof

"Well, then..." This was a rather particular--and yet sensible--sort of client. He was making her job a bit easy, to be fair, but it was strange to wonder why he did not desire to have the whole experience for the money he had applied. Oh, well.

She packed her cards away, wiped her hands with an elaborately woven handkerchief, then rested her arms on the table before her and tenderly wrapped the fingers of one of her hands around the wrist of Xavka's left and let her other fingers run along the face of his palm, tracing the creases and folds. They were very... prominent. "I would say that there is no lie in your statements about violence. Your hands speak for themselves on that.

"You are your own man; naught but a wandering star. But you wish to find a tether somewhere? You seek a companion--though I do not believe it is necessarily a lover." These were but observations of the Zabrak's personality. The future--that was still to be read.

"It is quite clear to me that you will face an encounter that will try your trust in another being--and I have not even sought nonphysical guidance yet." Mia simpered. "Has anyone ever told you that you are not a good liar? I am finding that you are not very good at hiding things. Oh, you are very savvy; smart; very prudent with what you involve yourself in. But you do not repress your true thoughts as well as you may believe."

Xavka let out a slight chuckle at what was said. "Quite impressive." He nodded at her, one of his rare warm smiles on his face. "You have gotten nearly everything correct. I am a wonderer and I do wish to find, as you put it, a tether. You were slightly wrong about companionship. I in fact, do seek my mate, but I am willing to wait. As Zabrak I shall know when she's before me. You were wrong though on saying that I am a bad liar, I choose not to liar most of the time though, I prefer half truths." He took a sip of his drink before continuing, "The only thing you told me which I cannot confirm or deny is your prediction about the encounter that will fro some reason cause me to test my trust. But I look forward to it, after all challenge prompts growth."

He salute the woman opposite him with his drink before taking another sip. "Is there anything else of my future you would like to predict? Or should we just enjoy these drinks?"

[member="Mia Maslova"]

Beowoof

How would you know if you were a good liar? the fortune-teller thought, though she did not reveal her doubts. For the most part, she was supposed to make the participant feel good. Feed the ego, and it will feed your pocketbook in turn.

There was more to his future from what she saw, however. Not that he seemed too curious about it himself, but Mia had already forgone so much of her ritual that she actually wanted to get his money's worth out of it for her own sake. Very odd, perhaps. But a five-minute session would not do. And so she took his fingers and inspected the digits with a careful eye.

"You will settle down in your future," she continued. "Though it will not be for some time--but, indeed, you will.

"You will acquire a sort of power--one you will control for a period, but will eventually press you to surrender your more established lifestyle and bring you back..." She smiled and set his palm gently on the tabletop. "...To here. Your dreams are for a season. But you will find that what you want could have always been obtained in the life you have now. There will be changes. You may not be the same person. But this is where you will find your identity. Your journey is long (You have much life ahead of you.), but it is not far."

With that, Mia picked up her glass with both hands and indulged herself with a sip of this unusual drink, lifting it to her lips with feminine grace. "You had something else in mind for this occasion, however. I know you... enough."

Xavka chuckle quietly once the reading was finished. "My, what an interesting future I have." He drawled before smirking slightly. "I look forward to it." He to then took a sip of his drink. "But, you are correct I did not ask to meet you just for a reading." He settled back into his seat before continuing. "I am, as you say, a wonderer. Numerous times I've spotted you, selling your ... wares. And I can see potential in you to add more to what you are."

He paused to gulp down the rest of his drink. "I am a mercenary and smuggler but over all I am an assassin and I see potential in you to become one. Whereas I operate from the shadows, you could operate in full view and not be caught if done right. You're other skills, all of them would only add to your success if used to get close to you target. So. What do you say? Will you let me train you?"

[member="Mia Maslova"]

Beowoof

My 'wares'. Mia wondered what that meant precisely, considering that she was known as many different things to many different people. And the sale of some 'wares' she liked to keep separate from others in certain cases. She was marginally curious as to which goods he had observed being 'exchanged' in his sightings of her.

"I would say that the life of an assassin is not in my future. Not in the sense of one who makes it a habit, at least." She had never killed anyone yet. But was it a lie to say such a thing? She could hardly know. She had never really attempted to predict much of her own future. That should probably say something about the art of seeing. "You never know when it might become useful, though. I'll accept the offer--free of binding, though."

She felt she could read him like a book. If he was intending to kill her, Mia was certain she would see it coming. Besides, what use was she to anyone? It hurt to think about it in such a derogatory way, but there was no denying it. She was a toy--entertaining people to be discarded when her act was through, whether that act be on a stage or in bed. She was practically irrelevant.

Xavka shrugged at her answer. "Meh. I would have hoped that you would of been willing to train as an assassin fully, but, meh." He shrugged again. "So, first thing first. Weapons. The amount of weapons an assassin can use is surprisingly large but the amount of types of weapons is small."

He unstrapped the pouch attached to his right thigh and threw it onto the table. Reaching in he withdrew to items. One was a lang, thin, double-tipped needle while the second was a needle again but instead of tips it had barbed points as well as a ring attached to the centre of the item. He pushed the second item across the table towards Mia. "This is called an Emeici. The way you hold it is that tou slip that ring onto your middle, or any really, finger with the needle part resting on the inside of your hand. The way the ring is attached means that it can be spun in a full circle, that is used as a distraction. These weapons are primarily used for stabbing into organ or veins, the barbed tips just means that you: a, cause more damage; b, hit even if you miss slightly. The edges f the barbs are sharpened meaning that they can be used to cut. Commonly you would aim for veins and tendons when cutting. Due to the size of the Emeici it can easily be hidden in sleeves. Questions?"

[member="Mia Maslova"]

Beowoof

"I'm illegal enough as it is," Mia hinted, not intending to go into much detail but implying involvement in unsavory activities nonetheless. Assassination was simply one step a little far for her liking.

The 'Emeici'--as he called it--was an inspiringly cruel weapon in Mia's eyes, but very fitting to her lifestyle, she supposed. While the entertainer did not foresee premeditated murder in her future, the micro-spear could be well-employed for self defense. "How might one defend against this weapon?" she asked after taking in his exposition. "It appears very limited, and yet I could not imagine getting my hands on it to remove it from your possession if you were using it.

"That's probably what makes it handy for assassins, though." Mia glanced into the eyes of the Zabrak for a fleeting moment, revealing a suspicious curiosity. Assassins were simply not common beings to encounter.

[member="Xavka Duquo"]

Xavka raised a brow at Mia's comment about herself being illegal enough already, but he held his tonged and kept his silence. There were numerous ways that comment could have been interpreted, and not all of those possible options left an exactly pleasant in the mouth of the Zabrak. However, he would not draw conclusions as just being a smuggler was illegal even if some where used by governments to transport goods and for other jobs.

He nodded slowly at Mia's comment about the first weapon he had showed her being useful for an assassin before replying. "You are, indeed, correct. The fact that my Emeici is not easily disarmed from my person makes it a handy weapon for assassination as I can not loose it nor leave it in the body of my target."

Falling silent, Xavka stared at the woman before him as he considered whether or not to reveal a weakness of his weapons. Eventually he shrugged and softened his gaze as he did so, after all he aimed to teach her. "As I have mentioned, the main body of the weapon is hinged lightly to the grip ring, allowing it to spin a full three-sixty which allows it to be used as a distraction in a fight, but that is also a weakness. The assassins grip is what tethers the body in place, keeping it secure and allowing it to be used in a fight, however if enough pressure is applied, the Emeici can slip out of the assassin's hand and spin, even if the assassin is not disarmed the time it takes to secure a grip can be enough for a lethal blow to be stuck. The range of the weapon is short, which is a second weakness."

Reaching out he returned the Emeici to his pouch. "Now, that was one weapon. Do you wish to learn about the second weapon?" He gestured towards the needle laying on the table as he asked the question.

[member="Mia Maslova"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom