Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood Diamonds

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Yet another client had discovered the Crystal Heart Workshop and had use of its services. In particular was The batch of polished Qixoni crystals that Saera had for he personal weapon, a fan full of short, narrow saber blades. Two such blades used the same brightly burning red crystal - Qixoni. They weren't extremely rare, in fact, just difficult to acquire when not inherited from a master to their disciple or apprentice. Saera had no such problem as her mother, Enigma, had access to plenty of her own. Now, it appeared that she could make use of a spare in an interesting way. She had no need for currency, but she could barter for assistance. The girl had a particular order in the CHW for a Sith Amulet that replicated the aura and granted the illusion of undeath. The materials were all already there and within her grasp; sheddings of Ashe's old fur, samples of her blood and the old Necropolis serum, even active specimen of zombies made through her mother's vampirism by all but completely sucking dry their life essence. Saera was about to have all she needed to perform her services.

[member="Reine Bisset"]​

Was she a client? Maybe. Sorta. She wanted the crystals she needed for her own weapon, which meant she couldn't really be too picky on how to get them. She didn't have a ship and, therefore, couldn't go rummaging around in space for the things. She didn't really have a huge amount of credits, which meant she couldn't just go and buy one or two for herself. She didn't really have a weapon to use just yet, which meant she really couldn't raid for it either or, if she did, she'd be stuck relying solely on the Force, which wasn't the greatest idea given her, admittedly, beginner's grasp on all but Force Sight. She was a master of Force Sight, but not through training or practice. She was Miralukan. She had to master the ability if she didn't want to run into walls, doors, or fall off ledges. It was the odd way of things.

And so, Reine Bisset found herself in an odd place, at an odd time, helping with an odd project. All for a Qixoni crystal for her lightsaber project. The woman leaned against the wall nearby and brushed red hair from her shoulder. She wore a purple corset and high boots with a short, purple skirt to round out the deal. A blindfold covered her empty eye sockets, a physiological trait of the Miraluka. She only wore a vibroblade as a weapon, a short tool more suited as a short sword than the weapon of a Sith, but is was something.

"So what do you need of me?" the Miralukan asked finally. The sooner this was over, the sooner she had her crystal, and the sooner she could get to work obtaining the others.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Saera Willamina Savan

"Ah, a Miraluka," Saera said, slowly turning to greet the stranger. "How do you get dressed without... ya know.... Never mind." She shuffled about. "You wanted a Qixoni, right? I don't know if you can see this or not, but...."
The little fox-girl pulled forth from her sleeve a gorgeous, glistening perfectly-cut gem - Qixoni - which glowed with a certain surreal red aura. It was, indeed, a fine specimen of its kind and seemingly even resonated with the Force as all of her personal collection were in tune with it to perform at their peak.
"This is the one.... Qixoni... not just any, but a premium cut with a near-perfect balance. You want this for a lightsaber, don't you? Interesting, you look like a swords type. Are you sure I can't make you a Sith Sword or something?"
Saera gave a coy, timid smile, arms stretched down behind her back. She didn't exactly like the lady's vibes, but at the same time, she was almost excited at the chance to offer her primary services as a weaponsmith.

[member="Reine Bisset"]​

"I can see fine, thanks," Reine said with a shrug, her tone even and calm. "I just don't see colors."

She pushed herself away from the wall and sauntered over to the other woman.

"It doesn't matter what I need the gem for, I just require it," the Miraluka stated with another shrug. There was nothing abnormal in her tone or emotional state, just a slightly impatient desire to start the work and get the job done so she could get the crystal. With the Qixoni, she could start work on what was indeed a lightsaber. "I don't need a Sith sword or anything. Just the crystal. What do you need me for so I can get the thing?"

Saera Willamina Savan

Saera's tone grew serious in an instant. "So, straight to business, is it? I like that, it's good to hear we both know where we stand.... The crystal... if you want it, you'll have if you help me with a certain task. I'm... very wealthy, and I have no need for credits or supplies. What I need is good hands. People always seem to forget that these things are really hard to make, especially when you're alone."
Saera called forth from her command infrastructure droid, the horde of zombies.
"We're going to turn these into that," she said, pointing to a rather ornate crystal still placed neatly on the crystalline altar. "So... are you wondering how?"

[member="Reine Bisset"]​

"You're right, I am wondering how," Reine said plainly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "How you managed to get that many zombies together. Viral or Sith Magic? Actually, never mind. That's not the important thing."

She had a basic 'I know of it but not how to do it' kind of knowledge base on a lot of Sith subjects. It came from rare texts she'd found or stumbled on. Mostly references or vagueness and very few facts at all. That said, what the other woman appeared to want to do was far, far simpler in her opinion.

"I think you're overthinking it, but I'd like to hear more of what exactly you're trying to do. Something with fear or the like, correct?"

Saera Willamina Savan

Saera pseudo grinned, shrugging away apathetically. Secrets were just that.
"Hmm.... No fear. An aura. The person I'm making it for wants an aura of undeath. They're alive, though, but they brought me all these zombies. If I take their essence and jam it into a crystal with Sith magic and alchemy, I might be able to imbue it with the same kind of feeling... but it'll probably be a thing of the Dark Side." She frowned. "At least it's not corruptive or anything like that. Well, maybe for the people feeling its uneasy aura."
The young girl tossed that glistening maroon gem she held earlier to [member="Reine Bisset"] from across the room and started throwing blocks of refined silver into the furnace for smelting.
"Hope you brought a blade," she ended.

Reine caught the gem and slid the crystal into her corset for safe keeping in one smooth motion. She tended to take the 'keep things close' thing a bit literally at times, but it had worked out so far.

"I still think you may be doing this the more complicated way," she stated tonelessly. "A Force Fear aura focused into a nodule or focal point specifically designed to cause the same fear most feel when confronted by the undead would be easier and simpler to manufacture. Also harder to detect and prevent, in a way, though if you want to do this the longer and more drawn out way, we can."

Reine placed her hand on her vibrosword she carried on her hip as a mute answer to the other woman's last question. Hopefully, this wouldn't take as much labor as she was beginning to resign herself to having to do.

Saera Willamina Savan

Saera began drawing all the necessary runes and glyphs, leaving small inlets carved away to drain and collect the vile blood that would spill. The floor would be easy enough to clean up; alchemic fire would burn through anything with time and the crystalline surface would easily polish away of any staining.
"While the presence of Force Fear in a focus might replicate the same feeling, it isn't real. While it might be easier to make, it won't have the same universal effect to everyone who comes upon it. Stronger forces can simply see right past it. By giving it real essence - real life, it will always give away the same aura whether it's an Apprentice or a Jedi Master feeling it. Force Fear also doesn't fool other zombies, but this will!"
Pausing, Saera grabbed a chunk of sharpened Crysatium and began embossing the final touches into the glyph.
"The client specifically wants it to be detectable, why else ask for a thing like this? So, are you ready?"
The first question was rhetorical. The young Vinferalathi waved the tip of the crystal soapstone over to the small horde of aimless zombies still standing in their presence at the other end of the cavern.

[member="Reine Bisset"]​

"Sure, why not," Reine stated with a shrug.

Wasn't much use arguing at this point. Instead, she'd focus on watching and learning. Alchemy might just be useful one of these days. The Sith flicked her hair back once more and drew the vibroblade from its sheathe. She held it in her right hand and looked back at the other woman.

"Just start decapitating or do you want them a special way? Sashimi? Filleted? Slap-chop?" she asked, referencing a popular Holonet commercial out of jest.

Saera Willamina Savan

"Ground beef..." joked Saera flatly. "The head or heart will work."
The girl gave everything a final check for quality and consistency before waving at [member="Reine Bisset"] to do what she did best. She motioned IBIS-01 to order the mining droids to push the mindless creatures forward onto the ritual platform she'd just finished making. After that was done and Reine could be left to her own devices, Saera turned up the colorful alchemic flame within her furnace so that the metal would melt faster and absorb the most power. Looking back while she focused on the fire with one hand, she prepared her attention to be ready to shift to the glyph with the other.

Reine took a moment to decide on the tactic. Head or heart. Heart would be more labor intensive and messy, something she didn't feel like dealing with at the moment. Heads it was.

She took the blade in her hand and got to work. Lop. Thud. Lop. Thud. Lop. Thud. It wasn't the most glorious work, but it wasn't the absolute worst. That said, there were a lot of the things standing around.

"So, how many of these do you need?" she asked as another zombie parted ways with its head.

The Miralukan grumbled at the simple statement. All of them. Sure. The whole deal. Every single karking zombie. Lovely.

It took a while, but at the end of it all, Reine was tired, her sword arm was sore, and she didn't need eyes to know she probably had caked zombie crud on her clothes. All for a bloody gem. All in all, the lightsaber she'd construct had better be worth it.

Reine wiped her sword clean on a nearby cloth and looked over at the other woman.

"Okay, done. They're all done. Now what?"

Saera Willamina Savan

Looking back upon the glyphing and the flat, open ground, the job was certainly completed swiftly and thoroughly. It wasn't how Saera would have done it, but the extra hand to slay them while she left her own to the forging process was a much needed help. Sealing essences was no easy task, especially for one so young as herself.
"Nothing. That's it. You're free to go, and to take that gem with you. Thanks for the help... and come back again if you ever need anything!"
With the blood of the bound undead drained into a small inlet and substituted for live, "innocent" blood during the forging process, Saera had everything she needed to complete the rest of the ring and its metallurgy on her own. Return straight back to her work, she did.

[member="Saran Drast"]​

"No problem," Reine said, brushing hair from her shoulders. "I'll keep that in mind, thanks."

With that, the Miralukan headed out the door and out of the building. She needed a bath and a laundromat fairly badly as well as to sharpen the vibroblade she carried. It had been a long day, but at least she managed to get the gem she wanted. All she needed now was to set the thing into the lightsaber hilt she had planned and things would easily progress from there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom