Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blastomech Auction

At an official auction house, several sentients were lining up to see the wares. The first ware, the second, the third
option, none created too much drama or tension.

However, "The fifth and final option of our respectable auction, is this!"

A powered down Astromech originally painted black but being scratched off to reveal a more turquoise color sat next to the auction holder.

"This Astromech, in almost unused conditions will go to the highest bidder!"

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Klesta, who had no astromech to call his own, decided to enter the fray. Even though astromechs are often associated to attack craft, he would certainly appreciate having one for in-flight emergencies onboard his own ship. Utinni! Utto nye usabia atoonyoba? [Who wants to buy an used droid?] he thought, realizing that the powered-down astromech droid was, well, used. Someone had to enter the starting bid somehow. Jawas often had no qualms auctioning off used droids they find for salvage, but the auction house isn't Jawa-operated. He knew something didn't feel right: why didn't he use his per-diems or other senatorial budgets to buy and maintain an astromech droid? Based on what he knew about auctions, it could either be basement-bargain or highly overpriced. He had little idea as to exactly how [member="BT-2"] would perform compared to droids such as the R9s, given that the attacks on Christophsis made him realize of the necessity of owning one. But there was no time to examine the droid's functionality before he bid on it.

"3,000 credits" he hollered in Basic.

Grinning slightly, the auctioneer pointed out the Jawa, the Auctioneer yelled out "3,000 credits! What a bargain! Will anyone beat that?"

The audience shifted, clearly understanding what kind of a deal 3,000 credits was for an Astromech, especially in these turbulent times. Surely the Jawa wouldn't get away with such a bargain?

Matreya

Darkul raised a hand, two fingers, middle and pointer, extended to signal a bid, "Eight thousand credits." It was getting to be a bit expensive for the droid, but something told him he needed to bid on the little guy. Who knew, maybe he would build it up, give it some weaponry installations. As it was, he had plenty to bid because he had been outdone on each of the previous items. Not to say the man was inherently wealthy, but he was technically nobility, and had old money, as well as what he played with since he and his Master formed the Keetael Residuum.

[member="BT-2"]

Squinting slightly, the auctioneer paused, stupefied. However, like the professional he is, he quickly picked himself back up.

"8,000 credits!" The auctioneer didn't know the price would go up this high, but the higher it went, the more fame he got.

"8,000 credits is still low, considering the opportunities! Imagine, a high quality Astromech at your fingertips!"

Each word riled the crowd up even more, as at first no one thought much of the Astromech. After all, there had to be better models, right? But as they listened to the auctioneer, they realized just how much potential was in an unmarked and untraceable Astromech.

Matreya

Dark arched a brow at that. 8,000 was low? He wasn't too in the know of present, but he had to imagine that even with inflation, an unknown make, model, etcetera, droid should not be considered "low" at such a bid. This was something more... something different...

"Give information about it then, auctioneer. In olden days, an R2-D2 unit sold for less than five thousand credits. At present I have near doubled it, but this is still low? Either there is something illegal about it, or something quite extraordinary."

[member="BT-2"]

The auctioneer arched his brow, not used to being called out like this.
"I'm afraid that I can't reveal much about this droid. However, I can say one thing, that whoever purchases it will not be disappointed with its variety of uses."

The crowd murmured, clearly not at ease with this unclear explanation.

"I'm afraid I can't say anything else. If you would like to bid, bid. Bidding will soon come to a close.

D'vok sighed. He knew he already had a droid, however he needed all the help he could get for his missions. He had the money, sure. And what he didn't have, he could siphon off from various richers, Hutts, Barons, Sith, ect. D'vok decided it was worth it.
"16000 Credits." D'vok said, raising his hand.

Matreya

Dark rose from his seat, offering a nod of salutations at the newest bidders, "I hope you enjoy the droid. I couldn't see myself bidding that much for a ordinary droid. With sixteen thousand, one could build one of serious strength and power." To the auctioneer he called over his shoulder, already heading for the door, "Give a call if you find something not illegal for sale. I always enjoy buying stuff."

@D'vok Windroamer [member="BT-2"]

The auctioneer paused for a moment, but continued on,announcing "16,000 credits! Anyone else? 16,000 credits!"

The quiet murmuring that had always been in the background stopped. Some had started to suspect to what ends the auction would go to, but a jump from 8,000 to 16,000 credits was something not a lot of sentients were willing to do.

The auction continued, albeit quieter, as everyone started to listen in a little bit more, trying to see if anyone knew what the craze was with this droid...

(OOC: If no one responds after 1 hour it will go to the last bidder)

"Aaand closed!" The auctioneer sent away the droid, ready to be picked up by its new Master.

"Thank you all for coming today! I hope to see some of you another time! Those who have won something, come by and pick it up!"

"Whir, beep beep boop, whiiiiiiir beep, weeeeep"

BT-2 said, pulling out an impressive armament of weapons and rocket launchers. Quickly, a clicking sound rang out, showing that BT-2 had never been fully stocked with ammunition.

"Beep boop boop..."

Quickly realizing that its new Master was in front of him, BT-2 put away his arms, instead showing a sweet appearance, ready to work.

D'vok's eyes widened when the droid's weapons were drawn, giving an impressed smile. His expression changed when he heard clicking. The droid was trying to fire on him? That's what D'vok thought. The droid holstered it's weapons, and D'vok looked at the droid, taking note of what it was saying. He could understand some astromech but couldn't make out what it was saying. He shrugged.
"Alright buddy. I'm you're new master. Well I don't really like the word master. That implies that I own you. We're... companions? Comrades? Friends? Whatever point is, you're going to be with me now."
D'vok patted the droid on the head as he started walking to his ship.
"C'mon. I'll show you your new home."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom