Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bio-Acid Jets

Intent: To create unique, close range weapon option for the Horde / Vong
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Horde Shapers
Model: Dovin Basal
Affiliation: The Horde
Modularity: None
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Organic Construct
Classification: Organic Weapon
Size: Starship weapon
Length: NA
Weight: NA
Ammunition Type: NA
Ammunition Capacity: NA
Effective Range: Close Range

Description:

Bio-Acid Jets are valued as 1 capital weapon each in starship construction.

Unlike most organic weapons utilized by the Horde, Bio-Acid Jets are not actually a separate entity from the host ship. Vast, cyst like masses form within the hulls of some organic starships. These cysts are filled with a hot, boiling liquid that is highly toxic, acidic, and corrosive. When muscles surrounding this cyst-like structure contract, an amount of this deadly liquid is propelled in a jet towards an intended target. This attack can be very deadly at close ranges where the acid corrodes hull plating, melts weapon systems, and destroys delicate electronic equipment. At medium and longer ranges, the weapon system appears to be useless as the acid is cooled and dispersed.

This weapon system has similar tracking capabilities as a Heavy Laser, and a damage potential that is marginally superior to a standard turbolaser. These two gains are balanced out by the short range of the weapon system.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"]
When liquids are exposed to space, they first boil into vapor, instantly, and then freeze. You've just invented a snow machine.

This weapon is not suitable for space combat. Feel free to rework it for atmospheric use, or I can archive it.

just archive this.
I've put enough effort into the Horde's technology for them and I'm not in the mood to fight with staff over what should be a quick and minor review for play balance.
If they want it, they can sub it themselves and fight with you over it. I'm no longer in the mood for this crap and don't feel like wasting 5 weeks of my life to get everything pushed through the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom