Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Bintir'boise (The Snowmen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3149a9238d14eeecf64bdf6422ae7433.jpg

An example of Bintir'boise with a Big Snowman Form behind a Snowman Form

Name: Bintir'boise ((Pronounced "Vinter-boys") More commonly referred as Snowmen)

Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Bintir'vund'alan
Language: Bintir'spich, Galactic Basic, Sithese (due to sithspawn nature)
Average height of adults: In Snowman form= Knee High, In Big Snowman form= 4 meters
Skin color: No skin, but the snow is white! (Unless something else goes into it like pee or blood. Gross!)
Hair color: Nope!
Breathes: Do they really need to breathe?

Strengths:
(+) Does not follow the rules of biology (i.e., is capable of being completely dismembered and remaining conscious, alive, and capable of controlling dismembered parts independent of the rest of the body)
(+) Dense in Snowman form. When anger, density decreases as size is increased to Big Snowman form.
(+) Only sufficient water is required to continue existence.

Weaknesses:
(-) Is snowman. Will melt in hot, waterless conditions.
(-) Can be destroyed with Force Light.
(-) Passive and rarely provoked. Has little sense of self preservation.
(-) Dumb creatures. They are sentient only in the respect that they can communicate with "fellow" sentient's.
(-) Rather annoying to more serious creatures, to whom the Snowman easily provoke into fits of furry.
(-) All forms of snowmen are especially susceptible to heat based attacks, such as flame throwers, blasters, lightsabers, etc. However, in order for it be more permanent or lethal, the attack must some how destroy or otherwise displace water particles out of reach to the point where the Force Flurry cannot concentrate water into snow, thus killing the flurry, and negating snowman animation.

Distinctions: Is snowman. When angered, is much bigger snowman with icicles. It's snow flurry, protects it from from melting in hotter environments (though not in volcanic ones), as it constantly snows and builds the snowman. They are sithspawn, and creatures with sentience solely because the Force was told to by the Sith Lord to give the snow sentience... which is limited mostly to speech, and very little in other thoughts. They have no powers beyond the ability to absorb and concentrate the water surrounding the snowman into snow/ice and precipitate that in an organized Force induced pattern to build the snowman. Their Flurries, are Force-based anomalies and the source of their limited sentience. If confronted with a Force-Nulled area the Flurry "dies", and the snowman is no longer animated.
Average Lifespan: Like a year or something. Depends on how much snow is around and how long their personal snow furry's can produce the snow, which is done by absorbing the water in the air and freezing it into ice crystals around him. So yeah, 1 Year + dependent on water conditions.
Races: No
Diet: Water is the only nutrient needed to survive... though a carrot helps too.
Communication: Talking

Culture: Basically, the Bintir'boise were created by an incompetent Sith Lord who came to Bintir'vund'alan who desperately wanted to create a monster on par with the Terentatek and Leviathan's, so powerful in the power of cryomancy that they would freeze the entire galaxy solid. What he got instead was a cute little snowman that had little in terms of intelligence and was in general, fairly harmless. So taking that into account, one can guess that culture doesn't really exist for these sithspawn. There more like animals really, with no sense of danger or self preservation. They seem however, to be oddly addicted to warm things. In recent months, the "Bintir'boise Invasion of the Vund'alan" has lead the celebratory natives there rather perplexed with the small creatures. They don't really do anything to them, but the moment some creature tries to attack the Chil'inoda'sno they get very angry and act as personal body guards to throw the "meanies" out. They also like to talk to inanimate snowmen, and in the process of talking to them, might accidentally animate them by splitting their flurry which takes advantage of an already built snowman. It just reign's in control of the snowmen with the animating powers of the force, and often times the snowmen that Bintir'boise animate become inseparable companions, with non stop talking.

Technology level: Snowmen... no tech!

General behavior: Happy all the time! Except for when they are not, at which point they are angry, and throw "meanies" out. They are angered when something other than themselves is threatened... additionally they seem to pick and choose what they feel is threatened at what times, and thus they technically pick and choose when they are angry. A good tactic that the Chil'inoda'sno have learned with these things, is that if you don't want the creepy Bintirboise sliding through your village, you create a ring of snowmen around your village to keep the ridiculous things company. They've already tried killing them, and nothing else seems to work... They are frankly terrible companions to someone who needs to hunt, as they are very talkative, given that they have no time to think.

History: Around the year of 837 ABY on some random planet with snow, a Sith Lord came to the world and decided he would create a devastating monster that would envelope the galaxy in the harsh embrace of the cold. It took him weeks of concentration, and all his mastery in the dark arts to manifest this monstrosity into real form. You can imagine his disappointment when all he got out of it was a virtually immortal yet completely harmless snow golum, in the likeness of a child's snowman. Infuriated he left the planet and probably killed himself for his ineptitude.

The things continued to spread, as the personal flurry over the original Bintir'boise split into other flurries, which snowed down and built up sentient snow. Eventually, the snowmen became a fairly common sight. However, they became so common in fact, that a miniature flurry had been trapped in a space shuttle, and survived off the pilots moisture, until he landed in a favorable environment, spreading the creatures around to other frozen... or not so frozen worlds across the galaxy. They now have presences on Hoth, and the polar regions of many other various worlds.

Notable Player-Characters: @Fatty
Intent: To create Snowman. Yup, that's about it. Nope, this isn't a joke submission. Star Wars has an inherent lack of snowmen... so, why not?

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Fatty"]
Appears and puts a chloroform gauze over Jared's mouth.
Greetings, I will be your factory judge for the evening, Jared is no longer a Species Judge starting today- go to sleep, Jared, shhhh- and he will be moved to Companies.
He lets his body drop to the floor,
But your planet has been placed into Pending Secondary status, so we can start working on this.
Let's start with talking about those Snow Flurries you mention throughout the submissions. I would want you to elaborate on that, preferably in the Strengths section, and tell me what exactly these Flurries do, how they function and how they give the Bintir sentience, how does it all work if they do not have a brain, and if these flurries give them any cryokinetic powers or not.

Tag me in once you're done, be right back.
Drags unconscious Jared by his ankles towards the Company Section.

Fatty said:
Is snowman. When angered, is much bigger snowman with icicles. It's snow flurry, protects it from from melting in hotter environments (though not in volcanic ones), as it constantly snows and builds the snowman. They are sithspawn, and creatures with sentience solely because the Force was told to by the Sith Lord to give the snow sentience... which is limited mostly to speech, and very little in other thoughts. They have no powers beyond the ability to absorb and concentrate the water surrounding the snowman into snow/ice and precipitate that in an organized Force induced pattern to build the snowman.
I added this [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Fatty"]
Comes back, taking off the leather gloves and ski mask,
Alright, next let's have a look at the immunity to mental attacks, right now I won't accept it due to their intelligence score being low enough. We had a similar argument used in the recent Stalkers submission where they were immune to being influenced by the Force due to low intelligence.
However, unless a creature is a jelly fish, it has some sort of brain or nervous system that could potentially be influenced by the Force. Now I understand in this case the Bintir do not have a brain, but they are capable of speech, and that is intelligent enough to be influenced by the Force.

So, as it stands, I will have to ask for the Mental Immunity to be removed, unless you can come up with another reason as to why they would be immune.

Furthermore, as to their Flurries, your edits are looking good and I'm getting a clearer picture here. What I want you to elaborate on now is whether these Flurries are the source of what little intelligence they have acting as substitute to the brains they are lacking, whether these Flurries are creations of the Force, and whether a Force user would be able to disrupt the Flurry using the Force and how a Flurry would react in a Force-Dead zone like the presence of a Ysalamir.

Because right now what I'm getting is that they are actually just regular snowmen, but their ability to speak, intelligence, all their special properties come from the Flurries above them, first of which was created by the Sith Lord.

"They are sithspawn, and creatures with sentience solely because the Force was told to by the Sith Lord to give the snow sentience."

"They also like to talk to inanimate snowmen, and in the process of talking to them, might accidentally animate them by splitting their flurry which takes advantage of an already built snowman. It just peppers it with sentient ice crystals to reign in control of the snowmen, and often times the snowmen that Bintir'boise animate become inseparable companions, with non stop talking."

But if that is so, I would want to see it said on paper straight-forward rather than just assume things :p Just something along the lines "Their Flurries are Force-based anomalies and the source of their limited sentience." or "The source of Bintir sentience is not in the Flurries, it's in their bodies, the Flurries just keep them cold." I'm just giving examples here, but as long as it's straight to the point, I'll be satisfied :p

After that, just give me some examples how much softer their bodies get in Big Snowman form. Would somebody be able to punch through them? Would a bullet fly clean through or sword cut like through butter? Would a blaster bolt melts its way right through their bodies? Examples like that.

And that should be all I would ask to be changed in the submission. So tag me in once you're done and I'll have another look at it.

Fatty said:
(-) All forms of snowmen are especially susceptible to heat based attacks, such as flame throwers, blasters, lightsabers, etc. However, in order for it be more permanent or lethal, the attack must some how destroy or otherwise displace water particles out of reach to the point where the Force Flurry cannot concentrate water into snow, thus killing the flurry, and negating snowman animation.

Fatty said:
Their Flurries, are Force-based anomalies and the source of their limited sentience. If confronted with a Force-Nulled area the Flurry "dies", and the snowman is no longer animated.

Fatty said:
They also like to talk to inanimate snowmen, and in the process of talking to them, might accidentally animate them by splitting their flurry which takes advantage of an already built snowman. It just reign's in control of the snowmen with the animating powers of the force, and often times the snowmen that Bintir'boise animate become inseparable companions, with non stop talking.

[member="HK-36"] DA-DA-DONE!

HK-36

[member="Fatty"]
Good Edits, no further questions.

I hereby give this submission my blessings,
Pending secondary approval.

Thank you for your cooperation and don't forget to tip your waitress, Kyra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom