Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Beta Dragon Droid Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Mettallum

A really buffed Metal Lord
NW3L0EA.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
* Intent: To make a scout for Lord Mettallum's army
* Image Source:[X] Edited by me
* Canon Link:
* Restricted Missions:
* Primary Source: Vulture Droid

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
* Manufacturer: FOTM
* Model: Beta Dragon Droid Scout
* Affiliation: Metal Lords, Lord Mettallum, Closed Market
* Production: Mass-Produced
* Material: Durasteel, Reflec

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
* Classification: Scout
* Length: 1.3m
* Width: 1.2m
* Height: 1.75m
* Armament: Very low
4 Blasters
* Defenses: Very Low
* Squadron Count: 1 - 24
* Maneuverability Rating: High
* Speed Rating: High
* Hyperdrive Class: N/A

SPECIAL FEATURES
Walker Mode
Droid Brain
Ability to place down Detectors
Reflec Coated armour
Inbuilt Repulsor
Detector Carrier

Strengths:
* Reflec coated armour makes the Beta Dragon harder to detect on radar
* Fast moving and Highly maneuverable

Weaknesses:
* Weak Armour can be taken down with a well placed blaster shot
* No hyperdrive
* No shielding
* Slower in walker mode
* In Larger groups the Reflec coating is less effective

Description:
Unlike its big brother, the Beta Dragon droid scout is meant for scouting and surveying an area instead of fighting. While it is built for acouting the Beta Dragon can be used to assist your forces in naval combat or on the ground. The Beta Dragon comes equipped with a Detector Carrier enabling to to place mini detectors around an area allowing it to find secert locations or track something or even alert you if someone has entered a restricted area. The Beta Dragon can be used in naval combat by getting you last minute intel or swarming enemy fighters in huge numbers. The Beta Dragon is also very useful in assist infantry squads using its detectors to locate hidden traps like land mines or scouting ahead to give a squad some important intel. the Beta Dragon armour has been coated with reflec to make its signature smaller making it harder for basic radars to pick it up. The Beta Dragon is equipped with basic life preservation programming meaning it will try to stay operating as long as possible allowing it to give you as much information as possible. The Beta Dragon also able to hover allowing it to stay stationary while in fighter mode.

[SIZE=11pt][member="Lord Mettallum"] - Before I’m going to be able to stamp this with my green seal of approval, there are a few things that will need to be addressed… most notably the use of a nondescript stealth technology in a mass-produced starfighter. If that’s what you’d like to have, I will have to ask that the Production value is moved up to Semi-Unique and that you flesh out what type of stealth technology the vessel uses. If you want to stick to the swarm-like behaviour of the TF/CIS ships of yesteryear, then I’d advise against keeping any mention of stealth technology in your submission.[/SIZE]

With that out of the way, I would ask that you Hyperlink the Dragon-Series Mini Detectors and the Wookieepedia page of the Vulture Droid into the Primary Source(s) field.

[SIZE=11pt]Due to the size of your vessel, it’s unlikely that it would be able to operate efficiently with Four Blaster cannons, nor does that load out accurately depict what would be considered an average armament rating. If you want to keep the Blaster Cannons, I’d recommend tripling the size to at least three metres in all three dimensional categories and lowering the rating to Low. If you want to keep the dimensions the same, please alter your weapons listing to Four Blaster Rifles and drop the Armament Rating to Very Low.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]With the changes made to the weapon(s) score, I’d say that you’d be able to retain the two ratings you have for both the overall Speed and Maneuverability of this Droid craft. If you keep the armament rating as average, I’d have to ask that drop one of the previously mentioned rating(s) down to Moderate. While we’re on the topic of the Speed rating, please change it to High (or Very High if that’s what you intended when you mentioned Fast) so that it conforms to the template.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Please remove the references of Basic Stealth Tech from your special features listing. Due to its current size, before any edits are made, I feel as if replacing it with Narrow Sensor Profile would be more suitable and matches the related Strength - as having a slender skeletal frame would make your droid’s harder to detect on their own. If they swarmed their targets in any way shape or form that advantage would be lost since the concentration of heavy metals and various “comms” traffic would be easily picked out by most modern military sensors/scans.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Having read through what you’ve listed for strengths, I believe what you’ve got listed is more suitable as flavour text rather than something akin to credible advantages. Please remove the “Advance manoeuvres that would kill a organic pilot,” “Ability to change into walker mode allowing it to latch onto something or assisting ground forces,” “Basic life preservation coding meaning it won't do moves that would clearly destory it,” “Ability to hover in place when in fighter mode,” as these would be more suited to being fleshed out in your description field. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I’d also like to see the wording on your Hard to Detect strength changed to; “Hard to Detect on Basic Radars, and can Attempt to Jam them.” as the way it’s currently written wouldn’t work in an Open RP environment. Please expand the “Fast Moving” strength to encompass your Maneuverability rating, as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]If your Droid starfighters armour is as weak as you claim it to be, it may be a good idea to lower the defense rating to Very Low - rather than what you currently have it as. I’d also recommend fleshing out your weaknesses section with the narrow profiled swarm tactics mentioned earlier; Where a larger concentration of these Droids would negate their fake-stealth-like abilities.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As you mentioned that the Droid Starfighter comes with a Detector Carrier, please list that along side your approved Detectors in the Special Features section in whatever manner you deem fit. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Finally, should you wish to keep this as a Mass-Produced Droid Starfighter, please remove the mention(s) of stealth tech from your description section.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Please feel free to @mention me with any comments, questions, or concerns, and we’ll do what we can to work through this submission to get your baby approved.[/SIZE]

Lord Mettallum

[member="Otto Shule"]
I Lord Mettallum have edited and hopefully fixed the above problems

My Detectors were already hyperlinked in the special features

I Lord Mettallum have also added the material Reflec to my droid to explain its basic stealth properties

[member="Lord Mettallum"] - Having Reflec would be more than adequate to cover the basics of having a narrow sensor profile, but it's not a true method for something coated in the material to fully hide from enemy scanners, or operate as a basic stealth craft. It makes it harder to detect, which would ideally mean that finely tuned or alert military installations would know that something's up. They wouldn't be able to identify what exactly was flying their way, or precisely pinpoint the exact location of these fighters, but any trained military base should know full well that they should be manning their stations.

So, I'd request that you alter your description to match what you've listed in your strengths section, so anyone who may use this submission will know that the coating makes the Scout Droid harder to detect on the scanners, rather than being able to hide from them.

Other than that, I will need you to remove every strength after "Fast Moving" as those are Special Features that don't grant the craft any advantage in OpenRP. As I mentioned before, they're more flavour strengths than anything and aren't required. Also, please add "Highly Maneuverable" to your "Fast Moving" strength.

Lord Mettallum

[member="Delila Castillon"]
​ok edited

​just wondering may I Lord Mettallum know why you are taking over this submission.

​anyway any problems in the submission should have been fixed now.

[member="Lord Mettallum"]

Your previous judge had some RL stuff to take care of so I volunteered to step in. It looks like you fixed what Otto asked you to do so I don't have any complaints. Pending approval.

jdIgXtN.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom