Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belsavis: Watch Your Back

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Darron Wraith"] @[member="Anaya Fen"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

BELSAVIS

The remote research post sat on the edge of an ice canyon, miles deep. Cracks and tunnels ran throughout the ice sheet, causing the ground to groan with each new starship that landed beside the research post and the ancient, rebuilt Consular ship. Inside the abandoned post, Ashin finished unloading the cold-weather gear they would need to descend into the caverns and sinkholes of Belsavis.

She and Spencer had come alone, and two others had been summoned -- one Sith, one Jedi, both the very definitions of their paths.

War made strange bedfellows.

Spencer stood slightly behind Ashin as she looked at the necklace the woman had given her. She understood its usage and was thankful for it. The necklace blocked anyone from knowing who she was and her force aura. To everyone she was just a masked figure with Ashin. Spencer held the Sith Mask in her hand giving it a little spin on her fingers as she glanced over towards Ashin after a bit.Placing the mask on her face she adjusted it a bit and went to help Ashin. Spencer wasn’t the strongest of the bunch so instead she used her other strength and guided the materials Ashin hadn’t finished unloading using the Force. Once everything was out Spencer found a seat on a crate.

“Never experienced snow before…and honestly its not all that its cracked up to be…”

Her fingers pressed against the Sith Mask and she frowned which only showed half way on her face.

“What are we looking for again?”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin tweaked the mask fondly, the backs of her knuckles brushing Spencer's lips. "No idea. Darth Apparatus told me I might find a clue to Omni's existence or weaknesses here. I've procured us enough supplies and transport to-"

A pause.

"He's almost here."

Belsavis

The GrandMaster noted the extreme temperature as he exited the Jedi Starfighter and made his way into the research post where he had been summoned to. He quickly jumped out of the cockpit, poorly dressed for the conditions as he was still in his standard armament for missions. The astromech on board the ship tweeted and whistled a goodbye as he made haste through the wind and snow towards the compound. The sparse buildings seemed to form a sort of structure, yet there was nothing around that seemed to dictate the need for such an outpost. Especially on a world such as this one, I don't hate anything...but cold weather is pushing it. Making his way up the ramp, his mind was a whirl of thoughts as he considered exactly the circumstances that had led him to this planet after all.

Why would the leader of the Jedi, leave all those he was over after the events of the Kuat summit and come to an outpost on Belsavis?

Ashin, that one word was the crux of it all. That one woman, the very woman who had freed him and allowed him a month alone on Kamino after two decades of being frozen. That one woman who had tested him, fought him as soon as she had met him. She was the one who had sent him the message, through heavily encrypted backchannels. He had known it was her, after all they had a handshake agreement to watch out for each other and stay out of each other's way after that duel/test on Kamino. Yet things had changed since then, he had become GrandMaster of the Jedi. Ashin had become the Sith Empress, as well as taken on of the Order's brightest pupils. Though that was rather trivial in light of the recent events surrounding the artificial intelligence hellbent on making all races "ascend".

Omni.

Those thoughts were shelved, because this crisis required his full attention. It was why the GrandMaster of the Jedi Order had come alone on a mission with the Sith Empress. Whatever we are doing here, it better not be for some petty differences. The though crossed his mind and left him just as quickly as he formed it, after all Ashin had principles. That's why he still drew breath, whatever was between the Empress and Velok had lead to his revival. There was a joke in there somewhere about two Sith Masters bringing back the new Jedi GrandMaster, but Darron was in no mood to think about it. This was a business trip, a mission to save the galaxy, despite the company he would be keeping.

Walking into the room, he saw Ashin unloading supplies and another masked woman. Even her signature is hidden...curious?

Crossing the room in a few strides Darron stopped just before her, and looked down at her armored frame. His exposed, powerful arms went across his chest as he looked down at her. "Empress, why am I here?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin had the presence of mind to remove her hand from Spencer's face before Darron entered.

"Grandmaster, you are here because recently quite a lot of people have been dying on worlds we each consider important. I was told by a significant source that Belsavis might have a clue to understanding Omni. Based on what little information I have, and the planet's relatively small population, I suspect this clue might be found in a citadel near Plawal, where a Sith acolyte studied mechu-deru eight hundred years ago. If not, there are other potential locations -- an ancient prison buried beneath the ice, for example."

The air between the two cracked with energy, they where two sides of the same coin.

"So you suggest we explore this icy hell hole, and find something to use against that monster?"

Darron thought long and hard about his next words, what was happening here in this small room would affect the galaxy as a whole. Should he turn and walk away, he could invite failure for both parties involved, accept and he could save billions. The choice was clear, even if he was working with a woman who he knew would eventually be a thorn in his side again. Considering his options heavily, after all he had the whole Order to think about. They where currently at Tython waiting on his command to jump back into the fray after the Kuat disaster, and he didn't intend to put them in harms way again. It's why he had come alone when conventional wisdom dictated he bring guards. A powerful warrior he was, but testing his luck against the Empress and additional Sith was an unnecessary risk...in most circumstances.

This wasn't most circumstances.

A hand of durasteel, covered in a glove extended to be shaken. "Yes Ashin, I will help you. Granddaughter of Je'gan Olraen and Sky Kerberos. I accept, because well Coruscant is burning and I won't let Omni massacre all life like it seems intent on doing." Turning to look at the onlooker, he asked a throwaway question.

"Who's your company?"

Spencer enjoyed the small show of affection, but once Darron showed up it disappeared. Spencer stood up from the crate as she watched the Grand Master make his way over. It was a good thing she had the necklace on, the mask hid her face enough so that the man wouldn't recognize her and she took her place behind Ashin as she looked towards the Grand Master not saying a word. Showing a sign of respect to the man and to not raise any concern, Spencer bowed her head towards him. She returned to checking the equipment to allow Ashin and the man to talk about what needed to be done.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Her name is Sanctuary. She's a conqueror and a peer, and she guards portions of her identity even from me. She's...useful.

"Right. We have enough cold-weather gear for all of us, though a Belsavis winter is comparable to Hoth. We have tauntauns in a hangar out back; speeders can't navigate the crevices. We have another Sith joining us, Darron. I trust that won't be a problem? I know your weakness for photogenic females. I felt it best to have as many around as possible in order to guard my virtue."

"Says the woman who has trysts with barely of age Padawans, how coincidental you bring two women."

Darron managed a nod to the one named Sanctuary and grabbed a bag of winter gear before going to go sit alone on a bench away from the other two women. His thoughts on the mission at hand, he began to strip his breast plate and greaves off. His half nude form well in view as he began to change into the gear that he was having trouble with suddenly. Thank the Force Rosa isn't here to see this, she'd be as angry as a Rancor right now.

Spencer narrowed her eyes as she clearly remembered she was 18 when all of that happened. It was her birthday. She finished pulling her own equipment and waited till Darron wandered off to change. Taking this time and moment of weakness she used her telekinesis the shake one of the over hanging gutter like structures. They were filled with snow and once it was loose a large mound of snow fell upon the Grand Master Jedi. Snickering under her mask she looked towards Ashin and smiled.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Says the man who slept with his former Padawan. On the sliding scale of moral indefensibility, that's rather like sleeping with your foster child when she turns eighteen." Ashin smiled without humor. "We're here to do a job, Darron. Man up and do it."

In one of the pockets of lush, green vegetation on Belsavis, the Champion of Omni toiled with the controls of one of the Rakatan prisons which dotted the planetscape. This particular prison was known as the Tomb. Even though the Republic controlled the Tomb thousands of years ago, it never discovered all its secrets. Many abominations from an era long before record still lurked deep within the prison's catacombs - still guarded by droids and monsters. Its location was relatively near the Plawal Rift.

As possibly the oldest of Omni's organic thralls, the Champion took more proactive and unique roles in furthering the AI's cause. By keeping the foundations of Omni's return in tact, the Champion played a critical part in keeping the galaxy unaware of the AI's subterfuge - especially by infecting the right people at the right time. Now, the Champion sought to reinforce Omni's might now with the freedom to move.

At the moment, the Champion was out of sight and out of mind for the party that landed on Belsavis. Should they reach the Tomb during their adventure, an encounter with the Champion would have been inevitable.

Now covered in snow, the GrandMaster quickly shook it off as he rid himself of his shirt and began to look through the gear that Ashin had provided. He quickly noted that, despite her rank and who she served. The Empress had been thoughtful enough to include some stylish clothing, that was highly function and was the proper size. Guess she does care just a little more than she lets on? Darron had long suspected that the Empress did have a heart underneath all that armor, and it did beat despite rumors to the contrary. Though it was the little things that he noticed that really showed that her heart did bleed, be it this bag or the message she had sent. Hell, he had even returned the favor himself. Looks like someone has taken to using Je'gan's lightsaber, good for her.

Shivering just a little from the snow that had fallen on him, he took a moment to laugh at himself. GrandMaster of the Order, and here I am shirtless and covered in snow, nothing like humbling a man hmm?

"Well comment on my personal life how you feel you should, I do love Rosa. Given that she was my former Padawan, I can see the comments you could say. Yet let's remember the woman I love is twenty eight years old, the same age I was suspended in for two decades. I didn't go and seduce a nubile, freshly minted adult with zero life experience who you managed to trick into seeing that your way was correct. I mean you seriously put her in a position where she had no choice but to run to you, and you knew what you were doing."

Grabbing the thermal, longsleeve shirt he was about to put on. Darron bounded into the room to continue, a nerve had been hit.

"You know she ran away because she loves you, and because I had no choice but to ask her to spy on you. It was either that or let the Republic Senate and courts throw the books at her. You can say anything that you want about her lack of involvement, but that is just as concerning. If you love each other that's fine, but you manipulated her and closed a thousand doors she could have gone through. I just hope that the same commitment and resolve she showed to remain with you, and keep your trust is something you can pay back."

Sensing that he could get lose on that subject, Darron instead quickly pulled the shirt on and went to put on the rest of his equipment. Back to work Wraith. Returning to the room a few moments later with most of his gear on with the exception of his breast plate. Darron decided to try and balm the verbal wounds.

"His lightsaber does look good with you, I am glad I gave it to you."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin nodded slowly. "'No choice but to ask her to spy on me,' eh? I'm sure Yoda and Windu thought the same thing when they ordered Skywalker to spy on Palpatine. Bad idea then, worse idea now. You took a girl standing on the edge of a knife, and you forced her to make the decisions that would make her an adult. Now that's just wasteful. Don't blame me for your own threadbare conscience, Darron. Shifting all the blame to the Dark Side is the Jedi Order's greatest hypocrisy. I knew that even when I was a faithful Jedi myself. Grow the feth up and take some responsibility for your actions."

Nisha Decrilla

N
Ice and snow. Marvellous, though Anaya, just what I wanted another droll planet to play on. No one seemed to want to pick planets with exceptionally nice weather that allowed her to flaunt everything she had, for there hideouts. They liked the desolate places, because no one ever went there. She made a nopise of disgust as she landed the ship and lowered the boarding ramp a wave of cold hitting her as the wind rushed inside. Snatching up her small satchel and wrapping her cloak around her she disembarked from the ship and made her way to the outpost.

Slipping inside she removed her coat. "What happened to sunshine and beaches." she grumbled as she shook the snow from her cloak and threw it on a table along with her satchel. She looked from Ashin, to the masked Sith and then to the Jedi, her mood instantly lifted and a smile spread on her features. "Your majesty, you brought me a toy?" she practically skipped towards Darron and began circling him, her fingers trailing across him as she did.

"Oh, he is a pretty one, isn't he?" She stopped in front him and pressed herself as close as she could. "Grandmaster too...I wonder if his power in the force reflects what he has downstairs, hmmmm?" a small laugh escaped her and she bounded away to Ashin moving behind her she whispered "Can I keep him?"

It was going to take some time to get used to her new name, but the way it rolled off Ashin's tongue made her smile. The Sith Empress continued her conversation with the Grandmaster, of course the subject shifted to her. Sanctuary did her best to not make it seem like she was listening. The conversation was meant for the two of them.

The man stuck to his guns and swore what he did was the only way. The masked woman sighed as she started to change into her own winter gear. she wasn't a fan of the conversation because she knew there was no where else but to be with Ashin. Her choices were adult choices because she was just that...an adult.

Just as she finished dressing the red twilek appeared. Sanctuary should have guessed the woman would be joining. Looking towards the Empress she made her way over taking her place at the woman's side. Telepathically she spoke to Ashin.

"Quite the group you've assembled...Mita'wa. A jedi, two Sith, and me."

The constant arguments were to be expected given his current company, and the silence of Ashin's companion was another mystery for another time. The twi'lek on the other hand, was already showing she would be the biggest pain in said mission. Her presence in the Force was firmly that of the darkside, and Darron quickly put on his thermal top, then his traditional breast plate and greaves. The less she saw of his body, the better. It's bad enough getting that look in public from civilians, but she just undressed me and did everything she wanted to mentally. That trail of thought led him to the idea to fortify his mental defenses just a tad bit more than usual, the last thing he needed in the middle of a mission was a nymphomaniac Sith trying to broadcast her dreams into his mind.

"No, I can not be kept. I am already happily taken by a far greater woman than you could ever aspire to be anyways."

Turning to Ashin, he rolled his eyes.

"Well, want to point us in the direction so we can get this mission on with? The galaxy isn't going to save itself, and we aren't exactly on borrowed time here."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin threw on a warm coat, completing her winter attire. "Tauntauns out back," she said. "Four of them. We lose any and we'll have to start doubling up. It's down through the crevices, into the base of the canyon, and from there to Plawal. Ice, then isolated greenery, then an old, old complex. Then maybe older things, if the old Ismaren legacy doesn't measure up."

She hefted a supply pack and a loaded saddle, Force amplifying her strength, and headed out into the snow. She saddled her tauntaun and climbed onboard, cinching the pack on her back.

"Off we go, folks," she said, gesturing at a crevice that descended through the side of the ice canyon.

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya pouted at Darron's words, though her eyes were glistening with delight "Oh but Grandmaster, you have no idea how great I can be." she purred back at him, wondering if her realised that by making himself unavailable just made her want to have him more. A nice little challenge, she thought to herself, though her eyes flicked to the woman on Ashin's other side as she sensed the telepathic message passing between them. "And you are?" she said, probing at her with the force trying to get a read on her signature and failing.

As she waited for the woman's response she began find her own winter gear and dress. The last thing she wanted was to get cold, though if she did she could always use Darron for warmth. A devilish smile appeared on her features and she looked up as Ashin spoke of the Tauntauns. "Four?" she replied "What a pity. Nothing beats being up close and personal." She had time to ensure that the tauntauns numbers halved.

Checking her twin sabers were at her side she snatched up her own supply pack and used the force to move the saddle out after Ashin. She paused to give Darron the once over again, her alluring smile unwavering before she followed Ashin out into the cold, pulling up the hood of the fur lined coat as she did. "Couldn't Omni have picked a more tropical location." she grumbled to Ashin as she saddled the tauntaun, her nose wrinkling at its smell. Mounting and double checking her pack was secure she moved after Ashin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom