Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Beginning something bigger...

Since joining back in February of this year, I have to say I've been having a blast on the site. I've really enjoyed exploring the various characters that have spontaneously popped into my brain as well as engaging with many of my fellow writers. Now that I kind of have my main cast of characters established, I wanna begin working on something a bit bigger, something that deals with small scale politics, a bit of faction-driven conflict, and some good-old-fashioned spicy force stuff. I kinda wanna lay out my general idea of what this would look like, my early "beta phase" thoughts, and leave the floor open for suggestions and maybe some collaboration as well...

• First off, some basics about my idea. I wanna establish an arcology as a hub world of sorts for future storylines to take place in. For those of you who are curious, an arcology is a megastructure designed to be 100% self sustainable, having a major focus being the flow of people, resources, waste, and controlled ecosystems all within a self-contained environment. That means that even the air isn't from the outside world. In theory, a megastructure like this could be put pretty much anywhere (while taking into consideration the political landscape of the galaxy). Right now, my primary candidate is Brentaal IV, specifically on one of it's ice-capped poles. I feel like this would make such a structure easy to access by the wider galaxy given the nearby hyperlane intersection while still retaining a bit of an isolation vibe. With the structure being one self-contained city, I plan on creating an in-depth map of it's various districts, detail the political innerworkings, and the logistics of it's self-sufficient nature. I also plan on making a character who would serve as both the head of state and representative of said arcology to the senate.

• Second is the fun stuff. My idea is for this arcology to be located on the site of a force nexus. This factor would attract force sensitives regardless, but I want to approach it with a bit of a twist. I wanna imagine the arcology as the location of a secret turf war, one waged on various fronts away from governing eyes. A darkside cult would be one of these factions, attempting to corrupt the nexus. Another could be various light-aligned individuals, either working within the parameters of the local government to keep the balance or maybe taking a more vigilante-justice style approach. Other groups would be things like local crime groups, smugglers who run illegal shipments into the arcology (trade with the outside world would be heavily restricted due to the isolationist nature of the settlement), local comities focused on community improvement, and other things like that. I sort of imagine a place like this being a microcosm of the galaxy, something that represents a good picture of what's going on in a small-scale format.

• Third, I want a location where any story could happen. It might be something that could be utilized in a manner that could logistically explore tons of different story ideas, be it more casual or serious in tone, while not being heavily influenced by the affairs of the galaxy at large, at least on the surface level. To that end, I think developing this place could be pretty neat, especially when thinking about the potential to interact with people that I haven't had the chance to. Maybe it could be a way for others to interact with new people as well. Of course, this would take a lot of time to plan out and all that, so I wanna ask those who would be willing to share some advice. I'm still a bit new to things like this, so I am definitely inexperienced when it comes to something big, at least in comparison to what I've done so far here on Chaos. So in other words, any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

So there's my wacky idea I had floating around my cranium. I don't plan on sidelining my characters for this, but I will be trying my best to complete it in the background while (also while figuring out my existence in college). I hope that this get's my idea across in a way that maybe sounds cool and not like rambling. Yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom