Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Before I Put Another Notch In My Lipstick Case

Katarine was standing inside the elevator, slightly humming to the music being played over the loud speaker. There was only one other Jedi in there with her (Kahne) and she was humming softly so as not to bother him. She'd been at the Silver Rest for a few days and had finally been cleared to leave the medical wing. Now she was doing some exploring of the place to try and get a feel for what this order was all about. Unfortunately the Force seemed to have other ideas. With a screeching noise the lift came to a sudden halt, knocking Katarine against the wall. A loud metallic clicking sound echoed and then a metallic groan followed right before the lights flashed and went out. The security light came on, buzzing and dull.

Katarine sighed and got to her feet. "Well, It doesn't look like we are going anywhere fast."

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

The last time he had been on Kashyyyk was when the Silvers were hosting a prom of sorts. He remembered that night very clearly and he couldn't help but smile as he had volunteered to take care of the younglings and keep them occupied while the prom went on. He had gathered a large amount of fireworks and he put on a big display for them that lasted several hours. And now he was back for a small visit and to make sure that none of his stuff was left behind anywhere.

Kahne took a deep breath as he stared plainly at the elevator doors in front of him and then the sudden stop with the brake system lurched him forward and he moved his hand out quickly to prevent himself from diving face first into doors in front of him. The lights flashed and then went out, and the security light came on. "No kidding." Kahne said with a small chuckle as he tapped on the security intercom in the elevator.

"Are you okay?" Kahne inquired as he looked over at the girl. "My name is Kahne Porte, it would be nice to have met under different circumstances." The Jedi mused.

K KAR

Reactions: KAR
“Everything seems to be in one piece Are you okay?” She smiled at him and sighed. “It’s nice time meet you. I’m Katarine.”

The security intercom buzzed and a muffled voice came through, but it was so static filled there was no telling what it said.

“Well I know what to bring up next budget meetings. Better lifts.”
She smirked and took a seat on the floor, her back resting against the wall.

“Are you one of the Silvers?”

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

"It's nice to meet you Katarine." The Jedi replied with a small smile. Kahne glanced towards the intercom system and noted the static and muffled voices from the obvious disruption in communication. It looked like they would be there for a little bit. He followed suit as Katarine did and took a seat on the floor, his arms resting on his knees.

"Not a full fledged member, but I'm an ally though. I just had some things I had to take care of. What about you? Is this where you are calling home?"

K KAR

Home. That was something she hadn't though about. Her home was over eight hundred years in the past, and was probably long gone by now, as was everyone she had ever known.

"I'm not sure. I'm new to these parts. The Silvers seem like decent Jedi though. I'm trying to figure out what their philosophies are and how they compare to more... ancient groups."

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

"It might take some time, but I'm sure you will find your place." Kahne said confidently to the Jedi. Kahne knew as well as most of them how difficult it was to find ones place in the galaxy. While Kahne wasn't so sure where his place was at now. He knew that the different factions of Jedi almost had a similar calling them.

"They are." Kahne said with a small smile. "While I don't know all of them, the ones that I do know.....they are very good people." The Jed showed her a small smile. "Take all the time you need, just don't feel rushed to jump into things. Patience is the key."

K KAR

"Spoken like a true Jedi." She smiled at him and rested her head against the wall behind her.

"So what do you do when you aren't off visiting Jedi temples? Do you have a family or a booming career?" She did not want to pry, but wasn't sure what else they were supposed to do besides talk in this situation.

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Kahne chuckled when she spoke. He was far from a true Jedi, however he did his best to do what was right at all costs.

"Yes, I have a wife and two children. They are everything to me. I don't know what I'd do without them." Kahne said as he then looked from Katarine to the speaker as he heard some more static, but still nothing could be made out.

"What about you? Do you have any family?"

K KAR

Katarine smiled, imagining this man she had just met holding two babies. It was nice that despite all the war in the galaxy some people were finding a small piece of happiness.

His next question took the smile off her face. She had been in an enchanted sleep for over eight hundred years, at least as far as the doctors could tell, meaning anybody that was family was long dead.

"No. I am not fortunate enough to have one."

The speaker box made another noise, and then a crisp voice came through.

"Hello? can you hear us now? We are working on getting you out. Is anybody injured?"

It seems they were making progress.

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

"I'm sorry to hear that Katarine." He didn't know what he would do if he didn't have his family with him. Then again the more he thought about it, probably just as well as he did before he met Alexandra. Mission after mission he would go, there wasn't any stopping for the jedi during that time.

"Well, you have a new friend. I hope that bring some comfort to you." Kahne said with a small smile.

A voice could be heard clearer than day as Kahne showed a small smile and he couldn't help but laugh too. "It's about time." Kahne said in jest, as he was rather patient giving the situation. "I believe I'm okay, as is my friend here, you okay Kat?" Kahne inquired as he looked to her.

K KAR

"All good here." Kat replied as she got to her feet. There was a grinding noise and suddenly the lift jerked slightly. A moment latter they were gliding down to the bottom floor and the doors opened, where two technicians were waiting.

"Thanks for getting us out."
She turned to Kahne. "Do you have somewhere you need to be? I was going to get some caf, though after all that eventfulness I might not need the boost anymore."

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

"Good job my friends." Kahne voiced showing a small bow of his head and he then patted them on the shoulders.

She had inquired if he had anywhere to be and Kahne shook his head slightly "Nothing too much before fate waylaid us both." Kahne said with a small chuckle. "I wouldn't mind something to drink." Kahne jerked his head down the hallway leading to the local cafe shop. Mixture of a restaurant and cafe more than anything. It was still nice though.

"Shall we?" Kahne inquired to K KAR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom