Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been Awhile, Might As Well For 2000

That do be a lot of posts on a character, especially for me with how much I keep flipflopping between who I want to write. The last month has been pretty heavy into Alina here, and that's the big reason I'm tossing this out. If you've had the chance to interact with her, let me know what you think! What do you think of her story? What do you think could be better? What of my writing itself and what could be better there. All that fun stuff. Uh, not much else I can think to put here so lemmi have it I guess.

Ahhhh ok, I'm gonna finally remember to respond to this. For starters, congrats on the milestone! That do be a lot of posts.

I really like Alina as a character. She's cool, she's interesting, she's fun to write with. I think the biggest highlight for sure is her struggle with being a Sangnir and Sith. It's been the key focus behind our threads together (and overall the main experience I have interacting with her), and I think it's genuinely compelling. The whole conflict with wanting to be better but also just be accepted for what she is, and ultimately factors she can't fully control keep her stuck in between. It's a dynamic back-and-forth to be a part of with some realistic undertones to it that lend some serious tangibility to the whole thing. I know it's a good personal conflict because having considered if say, Amani were in that same position, I don't genuinely know how she'd be able to handle it. Sooo yeah, keep it up.

Overall, obviously I enjoy writing with you as we've done it a fair bit now over various different characters (at least on your end lol). Which brings me to my next point; Whereas a lot of folks (myself included) tend to focus on maybe one or two characters above the rest, you have a pretty healthy array of characters to write and overall I'd say they all feel nicely fleshed out and given their own fair share of attention, at least from the one's I've written with. One way or another isn't inherently better, but that diverse portfolio shows that you're a very adaptable and flexible writer who can make a number of different concepts/personalities feel well executed and unique. That flexibility also lends itself to your actual storytelling, which feels very 'go with the flow' and willing to let things develop from moment-to-moment that can really spice up a narrative. The weakness to that would arguably be a lack of focus on long-term planning, but provided the people you're writing with either a) aren't concerned with that or b) you're communicating with effectively, it's a fairly simple weakness to overcome, if you could even describe it that way.

I thiiiink that's about all I can come up with. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up in there, 7 AM stream of consciousness is not my greatest method of expression lmao. But yeah, good writing, good writer, looking forward to seeing where you take things next : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom