Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Because of you

[SIZE=12pt]Rekha was back on Kelada looking at the memorial that now was the final resting place of both her parents. It was official she was an orphan now.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]When darkness falls upon your heart and soul
I'll be the light that shines for you
When you forget, how beautiful you are
I'll be there to remind you
When you can't find your way
I'll find my way to you
When troubles come around
I will come to you
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]A song her mother had sang to her many nights when she was little right up to the night before everything had gone wrong. Rekha reflected on how odd how life changes so easily so quickly because of a single action of an eight year old child.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I'll be your shoulder
When you need someone to lean on
Be your shelter
When you need someone to see you through
I'll be there to carry you, I'll be there
I'll be the rock that will be strong for you
The one that will hold on to you
When you feel that rain fallin' down
When there's nobody else around
I'll be
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Even though Rekha had never been able to come home again without putting her mother in some kind of danger she always remembered the words to this song. The words meant to be a comfort at this moment were more than that, it was forever linked in Rekha’s mind as a reminder that no matter where she was and what she did, and she would have to carry the memories in her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And when you're there, with no one there to hold
I'll be the arms, that reach for you
And when you feel your faith is running low
I'll be there to believe in you
When all you find are lies
I'll be the truth you need
When you need someone to run to
You can run to me
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]She wouldn’t, not that she ever had run to her mother for comfort, not since the day she fell out of the tree outside of the house. Rekha smiled at the memory, she had known no fear that day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Her mother had sat on the green grass cradling her in her arms, rocking gently as Rekha sobbed. She cried because she had fallen, not that she had been hurt. Rekha had dislocated her shoulder that day, the pain was excruciating until the nerves went numb. She had buried her face into the softness of her mother’s shoulder. Even now Rekha remembered the smell of her perfume, the soft colors of her dress, and the way her mother’s green eyes had looked into hers assuring her she was alright.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I'll be your shoulder
When you need someone to lean on
Be your shelter
When you need someone to see you through
I'll be there to carry you, I'll be there
I'll be the rock that will be strong for you
The one that will hold on to you
When you feel that rain fallin' down
When there's nobody else around
I'll be
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]I'll be the sun
When your hearts filled with rain
I'll be the one
To chase the rain away
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]That night her mother had sang the song to her giving her the courage to try again tomorrow, knowing that no matter what it would be alright. Rekha smiled reaching up to wipe away the tears that had welled up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I’m a survivor momma, luck is usually on my side. I left self-pity at the door a long time ago. That deck that seems to always come up against me, I show them how to play a different game. I never forget, and I never will” Drawing in a deep breath Rekha stepped back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Be proud of me Momma”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rekha turned and headed back towards the house, she knew she had to clean it up. It was hers now and she didn’t know if she wanted it. It felt empty.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rekha walked along slowly thinking on friends, romance, and where to begin again. [member="Remy Steele"] was off somewhere, [member="Jon Burke"] was still lost in the stars, [member="Dekkan Fray"] was not answering . Maybe she should call [member="Coren Starchaser"], or [member="Spark Finn"], or someone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As she approached the house the windows were dark it looked so lonely Rekha just stopped to look at it. She wished she could say that she had grown up inside those walls protected, but that was not her fate. But years ago when she had finally found some peace she had started sending her mother credits and messages.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]To hear her voice that very first time after all that time had broken her heart. Those first words, Is it really you?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It had been easier to believe she was dead than to think of her in the hands of the Smugglers, and then when her father had died leaving them no advantage just dropping her off. Oh goddess what a time that was.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The tree was still there a lot bigger than she remembered. Hmmm. She thought, with a big of mischief in her smile she moved towards the tree looking up when she finally stood at its base.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I can do this”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rekha jumped up curling her fingers around the lower branch and pulled herself up, bringing up a knee she was able to get her body over the limb. Looking up again, Rekha decided it was time to go for the top, branch after branch, she moved securing her footing, grabbing and hanging tight till she was near the top and able to look out over the neighborhood.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was here she had tried to go that day. She began to laugh, and cry at the same time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“LOOK AT ME!!!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“look at me” she smiled, “told you Momma, I could do it. Can you see me?” Rekha looked to the skies above as tears rolled down her cheeks, “I’m sorry” She shook her head this time and laughed once again. How hard it was to admit even to herself that she was hurting inside.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rekha sat on the one branch that would hold her weight as she stared out.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom