Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BDE - Planck Redistributor

Status
Not open for further replies.
injustice__gods_among_us___reactor_by_atomhawk-d6akfg6.jpg

Image Source: Here

Intent: To create a balanced Quintessence Harvester / reactor of Dark Energy.

Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Arceneau Trade Company | Mara Tibx | Pharma Tech

Model: BDE - Planck Redistributor

Affiliation: Closed Market to ATC Customers

Modularity: Yes

Production: Limited

Material: Durasteel, Plastiray, typical ray shield components, thermal oscillator, electronics, kyber crystals.

Strengths
  1. Sustainable Energy: This is a pioneer in being able to use the technology of old and provide sustainable energy through the collection of Dark Energy, its refinement into Quintessence, and distribution. While this is only as powerful as your typical hyper matter or antimatter reactor in terms of energy, it is a venue that brings forth a stepping stone for the future of cheap, sustainable energy.
  2. Safety is paramount: A magnetic field, along with a thermal oscillator, and finally, a ray shield was set in place to protect the harvest in the event of a critical event. Electronics are sprayed with Plastiray, a substance that can provide impressive insulation and increased resistance to electricity, EMP, and Ion weaponry. If it were to explode, the resulting set protocols would immediately shut down any collection of Dark energy and the conversion process. Any explosion would be intended to be caught behind the layers of protection and shielding to protect the sapients around it.
Weaknesses
  1. Better safe than sorry: Safety is paramount that MaraTibx ensured a proper rotation of harvesting, refining, and then energy output for the Quintessence. The safety precaution levels for emergency shut down are higher than your standard hypermatter or antimatter reactor. This means that tolerances typical for a hypermatter or anti-matter reactor are still considered too high for a Quintessence Harvester reactor. As such, if energy tolerances were to reach 80%, all systems immediately start the process of shut down. It will take at least twenty-four hours before it will be able to reactivate again. During this time, if the reactor reaches a critical stage, it will automatically flush out the heat for a restart at different venting points out into space much like any typical emergency procedure for a reactor.
  2. Mandatory cool down time: The Quintessence Harvester must have a mandatory shut off time of at least twenty-four hours to ensure that it stays within tolerance levels once a month for maintenance. During this period, secondary power systems must be utilized to ensure a seamless transition of energy use. ( like solar, wind, geothermal, or other viable types of sustainable energy depending on location and resources available).
Description:

Dark energy, also called quintessence, is a mysterious energy or force that has been postulated by astronomers and cosmologists to explain recent observations suggesting that the universe is expanding at an ever-increasing rate of speed. Dark energy affects the behavior of photon s (light particles) as they travel through space.

An exact definition of dark energy has eluded scientists. One description is that it is like gravity, but is repulsive (outward-pushing) rather than attractive (inward-pulling), and operates on a much larger scale than conventional gravity. It was a form of energy that permeated the entire universe and was more abundant than anything else in the cosmos, but was very diffuse and difficult to detect. Harvesting dark energy as a power source was thought impossible until the First Order discovered a way to collect a form of dark energy known as quintessence to create the Starkiller Base over 800 years ago.

The Gulag Plague had long since considered such knowledge lost during the Four Hundred Year Darkness. However, Danger Arcenau was able to find a snippet of information within the Black Codex that would detail a mention of Project Celestial Power and just what might have been at the root that energized the late plantary base.

Arceneau Trade and Mara Tibx scouts were sent to the Unknown Regions for a series of excavations. They came back with bits and pieces of information. Mere pieces of a greater puzzle. However, it was a stepping stone. A foundation. Over a series of several months, Mara Tibx Research and Development utilized all of their resources and reach with the advanced technology available to them in 849 ABY.

What resulted was the first step into creating sustainable energy through the harvesting of Dark energy and forming it into Quintessence. The dream of finding inexpensive power for developing worlds was slowly forming into reality.

As such, the BDE - Planck Redistributor is a pioneer in being able to use the technology of old and provide sustainable energy through the collection of Dark Energy, its refinement into Quintessence, and distribution. While this is only as powerful as your typical hyper matter or antimatter reactor in terms of energy, it is a venue that brings forth a stepping stone for the future of cheap, sustainable energy.

Of course, this version of it would only be able to collect enough energy as a typical standard hypermatter or antimatter reactor.

How it worked was relatively simple; an array of collectors on several points of the harvester would gather dark energy in stages, redirecting it to the harvester's core, where it was held in place by a magnetic field, enhanced by faceted kyber crystals, as well as an artificial containment field maintained by Mara Tibx engineers. As a security measure, a thermal oscillator was built into around the hollow chamber that would hold the Quintessence energy. It generated an oscillating containment field which allowed the installation to expend considerably less energy at containing the dark energy than would be required using a steady containment field. On top of this, a ray shield added a third layer of protection for peace of mind.

A magnetic field, along with a thermal oscillator, and finally, a ray shield was set in place to protect the harvest in the event of a critical event. Electronics are sprayed with Plastiray, a substance that can provide impressive insulation and increased resistance to electricity, EMP, and Ion weaponry. In order to store this energy, the thermal oscillator generated an oscillating containment field which allowed the harvester and reactor to expend considerably less power than normal at containing the vast amounts of dark energy it required to run. If it were to explode, the resulting set protocols would immediately shut down any collection of Dark energy and the conversion process. Any explosion would be intended to be caught behind the layers of protection and shielding to protect the sapients around it.

There are some concerns. Safety is paramount that MaraTibx ensured a proper rotation of harvesting, refining, and then energy output for the harvest. The safety precaution levels for emergency shut down are higher than your standard hypermatter or antimatter reactor. This means that tolerances typical for a hypermatter or anti-matter reactor are still considered too high for a Quintessence Harvester reactor. As such, if energy tolerances were to reach 80%, all systems immediately start the process of shut down. It will take at least twenty-four hours before it will be able to reactivate again. During this time, if the reactor reaches a critical stage, it will automatically flush out the heat for a restart at different venting points out into space much like any typical emergency procedure for a reactor.

Also, there is a mandatory cool down time. The Quintessence Harvester must have a mandatory shut off time of at least twenty-four hours to ensure that it stays within tolerance levels once a month for maintenance. During this period, secondary power systems must be utilized to ensure a seamless transition of energy use. ( like solar, wind, geothermal, or other viable types of sustainable energy).

However, the amount of materials and funds created to make each one of these harvesters is well into the millions of credits. This is why there few available as more extensive technology and development continues with Mara Tibx. The dream of cheap, sustainable energy will require more research and development -- but it was a far more tangible reality.

*I do not know how the science works in a SciFi High Fantasy so I cannot properly describe the technical technicalities on how this would work IRL.

Primary Source:

Star Wars Canon
Earth Studies

Wow, this is quite the submission. I would not expect less from you.

Danger Arceneau said:
It will take at least twenty-four hours before it will be able to reactivate again. During this time, if the reactor reaches a critical stage, it will automatically flush out the heat for a restart.
If the heat is flushed out, where does all of it go?

Danger Arceneau said:
During this period, secondary power systems must be utilized to ensure a seamless transition of energy use. ( like solar, wind, geothermal, or other viable types of sustainable energy).
This seems a little vague. Which one is actually built onto it. I don't see which one was picked or does it vary depending on location?

Lastly, while I do not see this submission by itself being a weapon, can it be weaponized since it is, from my understanding, piece one of a superweapon?

[member="Lynn Corerunner"]

I'll elaborate on the first two points in a bit. But I do want to clarify your third question.

"Lastly, while I do not see this submission by itself being a weapon, can it be weaponized since it is, from my understanding, piece one of a superweapon? "

While it cannot be weaponized, I am unsure what you mean by 'piece one of a super weapon?' The intent of this is to make a reactor that is energized by collecting dark energy and turning it into quintencensse at the same power output as hypermatter or anti-matter reactors.

Could you please elaborate?

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Indeed. While essentially this is merely a storage and converter, it still harnesses large amounts of energy. By itself I don't see this as possible for weaponizing. Through modification though the converter could be modified to convert the energy into condensed energy and then funneled into a weapon.

At least, that is what I am gathering from here so far so correct me if I am wrong.

Oh okay! Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate that. I'll elaborate on your questions in a bit and tag you when I'm done.

Thank you for picking up on that. I didn't realize I hadn't elaborated on those points.

All edits and questions answered below.

Lynn Corerunner said:
Wow, this is quite the submission. I would not expect less from you.

If the heat is flushed out, where does all of it go?

I added the following:

"During this time, if the reactor reaches a critical stage, it will automatically flush out the heat for a restart at different venting points out into space much like any typical emergency procedure for a reactor."

This seems a little vague. Which one is actually built onto it. I don't see which one was picked or does it vary depending on location?

I added the following:
( like solar, wind, geothermal, or other viable types of sustainable energy depending on location and resources available).

Lastly, while I do not see this submission by itself being a weapon, can it be weaponized since it is, from my understanding, piece one of a superweapon?

Answer:
This cannot be weaponized. The intent of this is to make a harvester & reactor that is energized by collecting dark energy and turning it into quintessence at the same power output as hypermatter or anti-matter reactors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom