Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Battlefield Power Scavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To provide advanced tools to give ASA Forces the edge in prolonger campaigns
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Haor Chall
Model: PG17 Power Scavenger
Affiliation: ASA
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-production
Material: Plasteel, wiring
Description: The ASA man-portable power scavenger is designed to give soldier the edge in prolonged campaigns. Omega Pyre forces have been primarily equipped with traditional black-powder weapons. Ammunition for these have significant size and weight drawbacks compared to modern blasters, which either affect mobility or limit the equipment that can be carried by the soldier.

ASA Military HQ saw an opportunity to increase their advantage in combat mobility and longevity, particularly if they could disrupt enemy supply lines. The power scavenger is simple, reliable and effective. The small device fits in the hand, and interfaces with the power system of an ASA droid or soldier. Each device can draw power from a number of sources, which can in term power the soldier’s own systems or be used to refill Blaster Power packs from nearly any manufacturer.

During combat operations a soldier can scavenge power from a number of sources. The scavenger can draw from civilian power packs from datapads and devices, power supplies from military and civilian vehicles, and even civilian energy grids. The device can completely discharge a battery within minutes. The device places a remarkably heavy load on the system being drawn from, which often leads to degradation of the discharged equipment.

There are a few drawbacks. Recharging blaster power packs results in long term degradation and cannot be done indefinitely. The device also has moving parts to connect to a range of standard connections and can be damaged if dropped from a significant height.

ASA Special Forces have been trialling the device for months and have found it particularly useful when conducting operations behind enemy lines.

ASA soldiers will typically use this to recharge their high-density power pack that can recharge up to three blaster power packs, or charge the soldiers comms and other devices for up to a week.

[member="Raziel"]
Exactly how does it draw the power out from something else? I am aware of various capabilities to do so, but I would appreciate it explained in the description, at least summarized.

[member="Darth Sinna"]

Interesting question. Given I'm not entirely sure how power distribution works in Star Wars Canon...

I'm going to say it works in the same way as a standard power pack interface and just places a very large load on it to draw power?

Gah, totally missed this notification. Alright, I just need you to place a reasonable limit on the maximum charge this can hold (or include that it can discharge electricity as well) before taking on more energy becomes a detriment.
[member="Raziel"]

[member="Darth Sinna"]

Clarification made. This will be used to recharge batteries usually already on the warrior, which will then in turn recharge blaster power packs, or alternatively prolong the life of soldier tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom