Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bastions

ominous_the_red_ninja_by_cgfelker-d5qai9i.jpg

Image Source: http://cgfelker.devi...Ninja-346491126
Intent: Personal protector/combat droids for Darth Mythos
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.ne...us/#entry991763
Manufacturer: LOOM
Model: Force Protector
Affiliation: LOOM and Animus Malgus
Modularity: Parts can be replaced, weaponry systems can be added in the future if needed, allowing each droid to be specialized to a certain type of combat.
Production:Production: Limited (250)
Classification: Forth Degree
Weight: 95 kg
Height: 1.7 m
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments: Cortosis swords, any additional weaponry will add to the weight and make the use of the sword less effective
Misc. Equipment: Basic sensors, scanners

Description: The Bastions are droids made for Animus as fighters against Force users. These droids are trained by Animus in how to fight Force users, using their Cortosis weave blades against the lightsabers of their intended enemies. Further, the droids have had their internal electrical components sealed in such a way as to make certain that they are EMP proof. Relatively speaking, that is. The effectiveness of the sealing is based on the proximity to an emitter of the EMP. The sealing also protects against electricity in most forms, so long as it touches the ground. This is due to the electricity taking the easiest and quickest path through the metallic body to the ground.

The sabers are made thin for more precise cutting power and helps decrease resistance against cutting. This has made the swords less durable, prone to breaking in especially long combat.

These droids have been made with extra memory to allow them to be uploaded with better strategies for both the attacking of Force users and utilizing any additional weaponry they may be loaded with.

Primary Source:
Swords:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/13032-white-lightning-ae-vibrosword/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/13034-black-smoke-ae-vibrosword/

The EMP resistance comes from a concept similar to the Faraday Cage, which protects from most forms EMP, the main exception being solar storms. I can certainly put that in if you would need.

I have forgotten the exact details as to how they work but from what I can remember I think that it is supposed to stop the excess electrons from entering and overwhelming the electronic systems. From my understanding ion weapons and Force lightening work in a similar way.

If I am incorrect I will change it as needed.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Ultimatum said:
The EMP resistance comes from a concept similar to the Faraday Cage, which protects from most forms EMP, the main exception being solar storms. I can certainly put that in if you would need.

I have forgotten the exact details as to how they work but from what I can remember I think that it is supposed to stop the excess electrons from entering and overwhelming the electronic systems. From my understanding ion weapons and Force lightening work in a similar way.

If I am incorrect I will change it as needed.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
Ion weapons are ionized plasma/gas which overload circuitry and such, yes.

Also, a faraday cage only properly protects from an EMP when grounded (like a microwave oven, where the plug being hooked into the outlet is the grounder). These also only work to varying degrees of success depending on the distance and magnitude of the EMP. An EMP utilized relatively close (let's say fifty meters) and is a military grade weapon with a high output then there is little that protection in the form of a faraday cage, especially one without grounding, will do. As far as ion weaponry is concerned, there is no information on faraday cages or EMP shielding being effective on Ion cannons/guns and such, so I will need that removed.

Force lightning does not act remotely similar to Ion weaponry, also, aside from both causing a surge of electricity on contact with circuitry and such - ion weapons melt circuitry, force lightning is literally electricity made of dark side energy.

Alright I made some adjustments:

Relatively speaking, that is. The effectiveness of the sealing is based on the proximity to an emitter of the EMP. The sealing also protects against electricity in most forms, so long as it touches the ground. This is due to the electricity taking the easiest and quickest path through the metallic body to the ground.

The sabers are made thin for more precise cutting power and helps decrease resistance against cutting. This has made the swords less durable, prone to breaking in especially long combat.

Does that help? I have removed the mention to Force lightening and ion I think.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

[member="Ultimatum"]
This is a formality, but the development thread is between two different writers. The one who suffered a defeat by a force user can claim cortosis, but in order for you to use it in a submission they will need to give it to you either in that thread or in a new thread (of ten posts). Alternatively they can repost this submission, if that is easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom