Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship B/E-3 B-Wing Multi-Role Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
b_wing_redesign_by_stephen_daymond.png

Image Source: Here and Here
Affiliation: Open-Market
Manufacturer: Incom Corporation, Slayn & Korpil, Clan Rekali Incorporated.
Model: B/E-3 B-Wing Multi-Role Starfighter
Modularity: None
Production: Minor Production
Material: Reinforced Durasteel with Titanium-Alloy Frame, Blast-Tinted Transparisteel and various other components.
Classification: Bomber, Assault
Length: 9.3 Meters
Height: 3.1 Meters
Width: 6.4 Meters

Armament:
  • 3 Ion Cannons
  • 2 Laser Cannons
  • 2 Proton Torpedo Launchers – 8 Warhead Payload (Total)
Squadron Count: 12 Fighters is equal to Squadron.

Special Features:
  • Chaff
  • Flares
  • Advanced Sensor Suite
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Advanced Targeting System
  • Advanced Shield Generator System
  • Expandable Inertial Compensator Field
  • S-Foil Module (Gyroscopic System Removed)
  • Linked Multi-Laser Firing System

Maneuverability Rating: 2.0(Wings Closed) 1.0 (Wings Deployed)
Speed Rating: 3.0
Hyperdrive Class: 2.0

Strengths:
  • Added six additional sublight engines to increase maneuverability and speed.
  • Enhanced Firing System that allows for both Ion and Laser systems to fire simultaneously.
  • Removed Gyroscopic System to prevent stress on airframe and prevent cockpit from potentially getting stuck in a locked position – went with classic Incom S-Foil rotation module.
Weaknesses:
  • Removed additional ammunition systems in order to compensate for additional sublight engines and power capacitors unlike previous versions
  • Extremely difficult fighter to fly in direct ship to ship combat – role as it states, Bomber and Assault craft.
  • Slower weapon recharge rate when in Multi-Link mode due to the power draw on capacitors and cells.

Description: Much like the E-27, this was a joint project in an effort to bring the Starfighters of the yester-year to the modern age. Listed in the Modernization Program of Incom Corporation, Alyesa Organa took the design with the assistance of Slayn & Korpil and Clan Rekali Incorporated and created a project that would revive a worthy bomber/assault craft. This project produced a relatively formidable vessel that appeared much like the original B-Wing with additional enhancements to improve maneuverability and speed. It would end up proving to be a lethal asset in capital class engagement and planetary defenses assault.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60441-an-item-of-perfection/

Intent: To produce a Bomber/Assault craft to compliment the long line of Starfighter craft in Incom Corporation’s list of products.
Who Can Use This: Open-Market with Purchase
Primary Source: Canon - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A/SF-01_B-wing_starfighter

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Alyesa Organa said:
S-Foil Cockpit System
Do you mean Rotating Cockpit and S-Foil System

Alyesa Organa said:
Maneuverability Rating: 2.0(Wings Closed) 1.0 (Wings Deployed)
This is quite jumpy for a Ship so Heavily armed.
I am going to ask you to reduce this to 3.0 and 2.0 respectively, or provide a decent Development thread.

Draco Vereen said:
Do you mean Rotating Cockpit and S-Foil System

This is quite jumpy for a Ship so Heavily armed.
I am going to ask you to reduce this to 3.0 and 2.0 respectively, or provide a decent Development thread.
- On the first one - it might have been worded weird on my part. It removed the Gyroscopic System which synced from flight to attack mode which caused the cockpit to rotate. Incom essentially replaced the system with the S-Foil module to prevent lock-ups and mechanical freezes which plagued the original canon B-Wing. I can correct the wording.

- Second note - I'm willing to do a development thread and complete it in short order - specific length?

[member="Alyesa Organa"]
The First one was more of a question, but I like that edit.

I would say 15 Posts is more than enough for a Minor Production Starfighter to have the weapons and maneuverability you want.
However I would ask that you pick between the Advanced Sensor and Targeting Systems or the Advanced Shields, or expand that to 25 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom