Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Away

Judas

Lurking SWRP Sites Since 1998
corellia_zpsc5e20f7d.jpg

Corellia. The eldest of the Five Brothers. A world of mystery, temperate climate, and beauty. Far to the east was a long coastline with water as blue as the sky that laid above it. The winds blew softly that day with swells in the horizon creating small surfs across the shoreline. Seashells tumbled and scattered while the tide built over the time that slowly passed. The ocean was cool to the touch and the air carried the scent of the sea salt that would soothe the mind of thoughts and emotions.

"Away."

A man stood before it that day. His hair waved subtly as the wind passed through it. His hands in his pockets and a popped collar gazing upon the vast distances of the waters that were said to hide mysteries that were yet to be discovered. A man of voyage and curiosity, his mind was set within the depths of the sea itself. Could it be possible?

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Bright sapphire eyes stared out across the pristine water, the wind off of the ocean stirring her vibrant hair. When first coming to Corellia the reasons so many flocked to the pristine beaches had been lost to the youngest of the Talith clan, but she was a girl of an age with so many that found joy in visiting the beaches. It hadn't taken long for her to come to enjoy going to the beach as much as the rest her age.

Dressed in a newly purchased bikini Anwen waded out into the cool water, the warmth of the sun coupled with the coolness of the water causing a shiver to race up her spine. She trembled, but smiled and welcomed the sensation before diving below the lazy waves to explore the world below. Her aura pulsed around her in time with her heartbeat, every little emotion that raced through her flaring outward from her lithe form. She was unable to reign in her aura, but upon such a beautiful world what did she have to fear?

Smiling she broke the surface, auburn locks clinging to her neck and back as she sucked in a lung full of air. Her head was turned skyward as she pushed the water from her face so that she could see, her eyes closed for the moment.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

A Force signature entered the area enough interrupt his thoughts. Scanning the area, he turned his gaze slightly to someone near the shoreline. It dove into the water at that very moment he caught it on sight. Light energy resonated brightly from it underwater in a form of a living sentient. His eyes dilated and focused, zooming his vision to break the displacement upon the waters that kept the elusive one hidden. Tapping further through the Force, he took a more detailed analysis revealing the sentient at a biological level showing veins, arteries, and a pumping heart. He squinted slightly examining the location; subtle breaths escaping his lips.

"Biology: Female. Deoxyribonucleic acid strand: Kiffar. Hapan. Defective? Further analysis."

His eyes slit and shimmered; surveying the nerve endings up the cerebral cortex.

"Force regulated: True. Hypothesis: Stunted metachlorians. Amygdala suppressants. Hippocampus blockage. Theory: Splicing of genetic technology. Analysis: Engineered human. Clone. Prefrontal cortex: Damaged. Hypothalamus: Damaged. Cingulate gyrus: Damaged. Ventral tegmental area: Active. Conclusion: Defective. Functional status: Inconclusive. Life form is still able to retain motor skills despite extensive brain damage? Solution: Inconclusive."

The gaze was broken and the man went silent, scrutinising thoughtfully.

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Moving through the shallows she allowed the small fish to nibble at her feet every so often, their attention causing her to giggle. As she moved through the water a presence swept over her own and she halted in her careless play, eyes as bright as the sky above turning toward the shore. A man stood upon the shore, some distance away, and he was watching her. For a moment Anwen returned his stare, her head even falling to the side a bit as she studied him.

Feeling that he was no threat and uncaring about his continued observation, she dove beneath the water once more and swam along the shallows chasing various fish. After a time she grew bored with the fish and decided to try something different. Standing in water that was about chest deep she raised a single hand above the water and moments later vibrant green flames engulfed the appendage.

The flames ate away at the moisture upon her skin, but left her unhurt. The light of the flames danced in her eyes and she smiled, dunking her hand beneath the water once more. The water bubbled, but the flames persisted and only darkened in color. Her smile grew and as her other hand burst in the flame beneath the waters her aura pulsed and shone as brightly as the sun.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

He knew she had spotted him on the shore and nothing was expected by it. He watched her resume her swim along the shallow water until she had demonstrated a few flares of energy here and there. He did not know what or why she did it but he could only assume it was a form of subtle greeting. She was a child of the Light, there was no doubt, and it did not bother him either. Yet, if she was that gifted then why would she make herself so easily found in a place like this where barely anyone roamed. As he watched her dive under the water again, he turned and walked into the water as his body shifted and melded within the foaming surf. From the waves emerged a fin slowly gliding towards the resonating sentient.

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

As she toyed with her flames beneath the water she had turned her back to the shoreline, her eyes sparkling as the water bubbled around her. After a short time she let her flames die away and was prepared to return to the shore when something tugged at her senses. Turning she saw the man had vanished, but something was moving toward her regardless.

Frowning she moved slowly toward the shore, sapphire orbs scanning the water all around her. Then she spotted it, a large grey shape headed straight for her, a fin breaking the surface of the water. Perplexed she tilted her head to the side and flames engulfed her hands once more. She was unfamiliar with the creature approaching her, but her senses told her to be on guard.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

Cool water streamed in ripples behind the finned creature spiraling around her silent and patient. The creature gathered her scent and temperament. She was perplexed on what actions to take. It was expected. Her mental capacity carried many ailments that make it almost impossible to have such a biological state of mind. Still, the creature studied her in close proximity as whispers slowly crept into her thoughts.

"Who created you?"

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Startled eyes watched the creature circling her, flames burning beneath the waters surface. Frowning she followed the beast with bright eyes, her brow knit together in thought. How did it know she was different? Did she smell different from other humans? She was not accustomed to speaking through the Force, but speaking seemed ridiculous with the creature swimming as it was.

My father.

Reaching out with the Force she studied the creature, focusing on its signature. It wasn't a beast at all, but something more. She was reminded of the man she had seen upon the beach, but how was that possible?

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

The creature grazed upon the girl's thigh softly and whipped its tail to continue its rotation. The silhouette it left in its wake soon began to dissolve and meld into the displacement of the waves that followed. A wave of darkness fell upon the girl and mist shrouded around her obscuring the sun's piercing rays. The hissing sounds of echoing voices shrieked eerily proceeded like a venomous viper, yet the mist slithered formlessly in long strands of trailing smoke.

"You are broken. Defective. You have no control. Your mind is fractured. You are bound by chains that you can not see."

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Her hands rose above the water and her flames shone brightly, fighting back the darkness as her own aura did the same. Anger didn't flare in her pristine orbs, but her frown remained fixed firmly in place. "Who are you to decide that?" Turning in place she tried to find someone in the smoke that was encasing her, the vibrant green flames engulfing her hands moving up her arms.
@[member="Judas"]

Judas

A shadowed apparition floated around her with dim fiery shimmering eyes.

"Your creator has not perfected you. You have a gift, but you do not know how to use it effectively. Your mind has been damaged without your knowledge. Your creator did this with purpose, I do not know why, but he fail to do one thing. His oversight did not prevent me from discovering you. You see, I know what he has instilled in you and only I can fix what he has stolen from you. I would know. I have done the same."

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

She laughed suddenly, smiling. The flames upon her arms remained as they were, but she didn't seem as apprehensive as before. Holding the flickering gaze of the shadowed figure she smirked, "I know what my father did to me. I know his purpose in creating me." Licking her lips she made to move back toward the shore, but found that trapped within the haze of smoke that she had lost her barrings.

Taking a tentative step away from the being she tilted her chin up slightly, her eyes shining. "I wasn't meant to live so he couldn't have planned on me being discovered...by whatever you are." As she moved away she realized she was moving into deeper water and so she halted her retreat, but her smile never faltered. "I don't want what he stole from me. I am everything he never was and more." Damaged though she may be Anwen was proud of who she was, of what she was, she was a Talith and nothing would take that away from her.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

"Very well."

The shroud of darkness dissipated slowly and the mist retracted from her surroundings, but with that so did the mysterious shadowed figure.

"If your pride outweighs the truth that much than so be it, but, if you ever come to terms on the differences of what you are and what you could have been come seek me in a place where heaven's tears burn with unending."

The whispers end abruptly.

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Confusion swam in the depths of her eyes as she blinked beneath the suddenly bright sky once more, her flames slowly fading away. Turning one way and then the other she searched for the mist and the figure, but nothing remained. She was entirely alone.

"Heaven's tears burn with unending?"

A small frown rested upon her lips as she made her way back to the shore, her hands alight once more. She ran her flaming fingers through her hair, steam rising from her head as the flames ate away at the moisture and left her hair splendidly dry. She repeated the last words of the shadowy figure time and again, her mind circling back to one conclusion.

"Rain...acid rain."

Pride was something that was a part of her, both by blood and through the teachings of her father and brothers, but curiosity was something she inherited from her mother alone. Bright sapphire orbs looked to the clear sky above and she simply stared for a long time, her mind racing. With a sigh she looked away and gathered up her things, her mind made up. She would seek out this voice, but only to prove that she was perfect as she was.

@[member="Judas"]

Days turned into weeks before the youngest of the Talith clan finally decided to head to Vjun. Dreams of that day at the beach plagued her, the voice hidden by shadow ever present. She ignored the voice's call for as long as she dared, but her curiosity finally got the better of her. The trip to the planet seemed short or perhaps it was simply her nerves that made it such.

Stepping foot upon the planet was much like returning home for her, but its aura was not nearly as dark as that of Byss. Uncertain of where to go and who exactly she was looking for Anwen began to wander the small spaceport, her aura a beacon upon the planet that would surely draw the attention of the one that had lured her so far from home.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

The darken skies of Vjun. Acid rains that scattered across the very surface of the planet is what made this place less visited than most, except for one. A single bright light roamed the foreign landing dock manned by shrouded men. They watched and followed silently as she approached the main citadel of the Black Hand; an obscured tower only emitting silence and mystery to those who approach it. Mist and fog clouded the bridge that led to its enormous doors. The winds pushed harshly to and fro, making it hard for visitors to see ahead of them and if they did not watch their steady footing they could easily be taken by the stormy weather. The bridge was quite rocky but sturdy giving it a natural look to the terrain that surrounded it. Then a whisper echoed and reverberated from the chasms below the citadel.

"You came."

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

The wind raged against her and for once she was grateful for her short stature. Hunched against the wind she slowly shuffled across the natural bridge, toward the massive doors. As the words echoed around her she paused, brushing her hair from her face as the wind threatened to knock her into the chasm below.

"Yes."

Her words were ripped from her lips as she started forward once more, the Darkness around her swelling against her aura. It was annoying, but still Vjun was nothing like Byss. Finally she made it to the doors and she piratically collapsed against them, the Force welling up inside of her as she pushed against the doors in an effort to open them.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

Once more the rains of Vjun poured down upon the surface of the terrain. The ones that followed behind the girl quickly retreated, climbing off the bridge; spidering their way across and up the citadel's walls. The rain singed at the rocky desolate terrain without cease; the sounds of hissing with evident intent to eat away at whatever it touched. The towering doors of the citadel were sealed shut tightly.

"Why have you come?"

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

The doors wouldn't budge and as the rain fell, she gasped in sudden pain. As the rain fell heavier the acid ate away at her skin, but only a few burns bloomed upon her fair flesh before vibrant green flames encased her entire being. Never before had she been so covered by her flames, but their power ate away at the acid rain long before it touched her skin. Relieved she took a few steps back from the massive doors, bright sapphire orbs growing distant for a moment.

Why had she come to this corrupt planet? I wanted to know...how I could be fixed... However, as her flames protected her, Anwen suddenly found that she didn't care. She was strong in her own right. She didn't need to be fixed. Turning she began the long walk back to where the shuttle had left her, hoping it hadn't left yet.

"Curiosity....It was a mistake."

-FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom