Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Aviprine

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitKat

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: This is to fill in Ryiah family backstory. I've written they are from a planet with little technology, and I'd like to actually create it. I don't have huge goals for it. I'd just like it to appear in personal roleplays and be a home for Dax and other members of his family.
  • ​Image Credit: No image
  • Canon: No
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Aviprine
  • Demonym: Aviprinian
  • Region: Unknown Regions
  • System Name: Aviprine System
  • System Features:
    Moons: Kitra and Sora.
  • Sun: Zed
  • Other Planets in System: None
  • Asteroid belts, spatial anomalies, other features: N/A
  • Rotational Period: 25 hours
  • Orbital Period: 400 days

[*]Coordinates: S8
[*]Major Imports: Medicine, Minor Technologies
[*]Major Exports: N/A
  • Aviprine is a very primitive planet. The villages grow their own food. There isn't really riches on the world. There are mines for gemstones but they aren't worth much. It's fertile and can sustain farming, but it has little technology and no cores that would be good for mining. It's basically a backwater farm world.

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Temperate
  • Primary Terrain:
    Grassland
  • Mountains,
  • Oceans
  • Tundras
  • Forests
  • Rivers
  • Desserts
  • Rain forests

[*]Atmosphere: Type I
[*]Major Locations:
  • Castle
    The castle is the home of the Ryiah Family, which is currently only occupied by Dax Ryiah. It is a small castle with 30 rooms and grounds that include a lake. It is surrounded by a dark forest, which cuts off the castle from the rest of the villages. This castle is being rebuilt, as it was burned to the ground only recently.

[*]Assorted Villages
  • These are small villages where the natives live. Dwellings are typically built of stone and are single family occupied. The villages do not have a lot of technology. They rely on farming tools.

[*]Temple of the Angels
  • The temple is located upon the castle grounds and is used in religious ceremonies by the Angelic species (under review). It is a small stone square building with hieroglyphics on the walls and candles inside.

[*]Crystal Falls
  • Waterfalls located in the southern portion of the planet. These are beautiful and empty into a lake that sustains local fisherman with their catches.

[*]Crystal Lake
  • The largest fresh lake on Aviprine, this lake is home to a small fishing village. It is used to supply the villages with fish and seafood. It is also used as a vacation spot for the Ryiah family.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: None
  • Immigrated Species: Cathar & Human & Angelic http://starwarsrp.net/topic/138485-angelic/#entry1889149
  • Population: Minimally Populated
  • Demographics:
    There are scattered villages around the planet that are mostly populated with human and cathar creatures. There are very rarely any other aliens on the planet as it's out of the way and not much of a travel destination. The Cathar and Humans are each about 50% of the villages. The villages are very xenophobic to any non Aviprinian, but they get along well with each other. They prefer to stay on their planet and not interact with the outside galaxy. Cathars and Humans both interact well together on Aviprine, as they are all united in poverty.

[*]Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic
[*]Culture: Live on Avirpine is a struggle. The planet has little in the way of technology and the villagers spend their days doing hard labor. The villagers are either farmers, fishers, or craftsman. There is a yearly festival the planet celebrates to honor their twin moons. During this lunar festival the villagers are allowed to take the day off of their duties. The planet is ruled by a monarchy. The riches of the planet belong to the king and most of the villagers struggle to feed their families.
  • Religion: the planet was once inhabited by a species called Angelic. They are worshiped as deities by this planet. The villagers believe in a prophecy known as the doppelganger prophecy. This prophecy states that reincarnations of the original dark and light angels will take form and bring back the other angels that went extinct. After the angels come back Aviprine will flourish and the villagers will not suffer any longer.
  • Sports: A yearly tournament to honor the twin moons is held. There is jousting, circus performers, gambling, sword fights, and races. Villagers have half day work days the whole two weeks, and those competing are allowed to stop their duties to train.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Monarchy
  • Affiliation: Neutral
  • Wealth: Low: the planet has little technology or natural resources to sell. It's just a farm world.
  • Stability: Medium
    The monarchy has all of the wealth in the planet. Citizens live in small villages and struggle to make ends meet. They often barter for goods with each-other and struggle to pay taxes for the monarchy.
  • It would be dangerous for a traveler to come because these people have never seen a lot of technology. The monarch holds the only space port and the only means of tech, so the people would be scared and think that any travelers were supernatural and evil because they don't understand the tech. That being said villagers with swords and sticks are easily overpowered by blasters and lightsabers.
  • Dax Ryiah is the current King of Aviprine. The villagers follow his laws and he will execute any who do not. He believes himself to be a divine being while the villagers are just "common mutts" so he is not fussed about their general welfare.

[*]Freedom & Oppression: The villagers believe the king rules because he is a divine being (Angelic: application pending). They follow his law because they believe he is a deity. They fear him and are in awe of him and his family.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: Foot soldiers wielding ancient weapons such as swords and shields. Would be completely obliterated if invaded. The military is just used to enforce the kings will.
  • Technology: Not technologically advanced. The only space port is located on the castle grounds. Only the monarch has access to most tech. Even weapons such as blasters and vibroblades are rare outside of the castle.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
How was the planet discovered?
  • Legends says that the god the Angelic worshiped created the planet so that his children would have a place to live.
How , when & why was planet settled?
  • Angelic grew and prospered on the planet. When the war broke out they separated and went to different places. This happened 300 standard years ago.The Angelic needed servants so they brought Cathar and Humans from their previous homeworld to serve them.
Important Historical Events
  • Doppelganger Prophecy: the birth of twins Dax and Katarine Ryiah is believed to be a fulfillment of this prophecy. When the twins were born the planet rejoiced, believing that the twins would restore the Angelic to rule and create prosperity.
  • Betrayal: Raised as Dark Jedi, Katarine Ryiah was unable to embrace an arranged marriage. She fled the planet, meaning the prophecy went unfulfilled.
  • Rise of the Dark Jedi Order - Zedious Ryiah creates a new faction in the hopes of repairing his family and giving them a stable place in the galaxy.

[member="Katarine Ryiah"]

Very minor thing:

Orbital Period: 400
I assume you mean days here, so if you can just add that in.

Primary Terrain: [Significant types of terrain that can easily be found. Examples:
  • Grassland
  • Mountains,
  • Oceans
  • Tundras

This is straight from the template. Did you mean to put something else here?

While I know you are still working on the species in review, if you can still link to that sub here that would be stellar.

The Cathar and Humans are each about 50% of the villages. The villages are very xenophobic.
Does this cause friction with each other, or only the outside galaxy?

This looks a lot like medieval tournaments in Europe.
Need you to remove reference to specific Earth stuff. The rest of the description explains it in a way folks can understand with no problem.

In reality two Angelic fled to this planet to escape a war between dark angels and light angels.
You list the Angelic as being native, but this sentence says they are not. If this part is accurate, please move them to Immigrated species.

[member="Katarine Ryiah"]

Your Primary Terrain section still is just the copy/pasted template example, so you still need to fix that.

Also you still cite a previous homeworld for the Angelic. I'm not going to make you change it (if you are heartset on listing them as Native it's not a huge deal), but is there a reason you don't just move Angelic to immigrated species? Native species are ones that originally evolved/were created on a planet, not 'species that moved here a long time ago', you know?

KitKat

[member="Irajah Ven"] I fixed the native/immigrated species issue.

what should I put if I want all those terrains on my planet? It's supposed to be like Earth with all those various terrains.

KitKat

[member="John Locke"] thank you

I added a note about the Dark Jedi Order being created at the end of the history.

I fixed a spelling error of "asteroid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom