Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avidon Oligarchy Q&A

Yoru Shakou

6d34376d-3879-4fa2-a2dc-5886175b4cd6_zpsc52aca26.png

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the Avidon Oligarchy?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Avidon Oligarchy is an Oligarchical Magocracy located in the Avidon System; a region of space that is currently situated between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians. Originally inspired by the fall of the Sith Empire, it is meant to serve as a hidden refuge for many of the former members of the Sith Empire that were being persecuted and hunted down by the Republic, Jedi, Mandalorians and the new defunct Fel Imperium. As such it has a hidden temple titled 'The Sepulchre' which mimics and takes inspiration from many different Sith Academies and Temples throughout history.

Unique in is positioning as well as it astrographical make up, the entire system is surrounded by three dense asteroid fields with only one viable hyperspace route into the system. Internally the system is split into an inner and outer system. As the Avidon Oligarchy sees itself as welcoming refugees and peaceful, they are none the less capable of defending themselves. A large portion of their strength comes from former commands of the Sith Empire from both armed forces and naval commands which have been folded into the System Defense Fleet and System Defense Forces.

With their neighbors being a reason for the collapse of the Sith Empire, it is the Oligarchy's goal to present itself as neutral and peaceful with no religious ties to the Sith or any other Dark Side order. A secondary and much more of a long term goal is to turn the Republic and Mandalorians upon each other to allow for the Oligarchy to ensure its place as an independent stellar government in the region that it inhabits.

What are your Goals?

• Establish the Avidon Oligarchy as a regional power
  • Secure the position of the Avidon Oligarchy and remain neutral in conflict between the Republic and Mandalorians
  • Infiltrate the Republic and the Mandalorians
  • Turn the Republic and the Mandalorians against each other by fostering ancient rivalries and political strife between the factions
  • Secure guarantees of their independence from Major Factions beyond the Republic and Mandalorians
  • Secure alliances with said Major Factions to ensure their position in the Galaxy as they grow

What types of characters fit within the Avidon Oligarchy?

There are many types of characters that would be fitting and suited for the Avidon Oligarchy. Primarily those that are from the former Sith Empire, however this is not a prerequisite for joining. As such many other military and security minded characters are welcomed, however the primary influence and emphasis will be on those with a more diplomatic or intrigue based skill set such as diplomats and spies. While Force Users are welcomed, mainly those of either the Dark Side or Grey persuasion, the Avidon Oligarchy keeps its religious body as a secret and does not hold any official ties to such orders.

Due to its core focus on diplomacy and intrigue, while also attempting to keep attention from itself, many of those with a criminal based character will not be as welcomed. However this is not to say that from time to time the Avidon Oligarchy wouldn't see use in such characters. Those that work as Pirates or in general terms of criminal acts may be approached and hired by spies or other agents of the Avidon Oligarchy for contract work.

What makes you different from similar Dark Side or Sith Empire Groups?

This is a very important question, and one that must be carefully considered. The Avidon Oligarchy shares many similarities with many of the other dark sider groups that have popped up and continue to do so after the fall of the Sith Empire. The important factor of difference between those groups and the Avidon Oligarchy is its shift in focus. Many Dark Sider groups focus on the Force Users, however the Avidon Oligarchy is intended to focus more on the non-force users that serve an important part of every faction. Additionally while they are some Dark Sider characters in the Avidon Oligarchy or those whom are Force Users, their influence would not be as heavily emphasized as it would be in other Dark Side Factions.

The priority of the Avidon Oligarchy is that of Diplomacy and Intrigue. It understands the importance of presenting oneself as a friend and not as an enemy. By removing many of the Force User focused governmental positions and retaining a balance between position holds that are and are not force sensitive, it separates itself from other similar factions.

First and foremost the Avidon Oligarchy is not looking to rebuild the Sith Empire in its own image, nor is it intending to spread the philosophy of the Sith Order across the galaxy. While yes the Sith Order is the unofficial religious body, i.e. Sith knowledge, history, etc etc, beyond the myriad of current break away Sith Order factions, the primary focus is on the people that make up the Avidon Oligarchy while drawing focus away from single powerful force users.

What is in the Future for the Avidon Oligarchy?

The Future of the Avidon Oligarchy is one that is to be crafted by its members. While I have so many views, plans and visions for it that I will in my best attempt to put forward, nurture and see grow; I know that it is the members of the Oligarchy that will truly dictate its future. It is my hope that with those members whom join, we can produce a faction that will bring about new and exciting threads and story lines that would draw characters together and produce more enjoyment for the members of the site.

It is ultimately the members and working with them that the future of the Avidon Oligarchy will become apparent. Thus I ask those that are interested to join, or if you have questions or criticism, please bring them up. I would like to hear from you and I hope to see you join the Avidon Oligarchy.

Yoru Shakou

Thank you [member="Orion"]

If there are any questions that other's might have that I did not touch upon in this post, I do hope that they will come forward and ask them. I will do my best to answer them to the highest capability of my ability to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom