Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AV-01 Anti-missile Armoured Support Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
640x360_15651_MWO_army_vehicle_concept_art_6_2d_automotive_military_vehicle_concept_art_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Image Source: Google Images; Scifi Vehicles

Intent: To create an anti-missile vehicle for The Primeval.

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: The Primeval Fleet

Model: AV-01

Affiliation: The Primeval

Modularity: None

Production: Minor

Material: Aluminum (chassis), Durasteel (plating), Glasteel (viewports)

Role: Armoured Support Vehicle

Height: 4.2m

Length: 7.6m

Width: 3.8m

Weight: 12 metric tons

Minimum Crew: 2

Optimal Crew: 4

Propulsion: Wheels

Top Speed: 84km/h

Armaments:

Squadron Count: 2

Passenger Capacity: N/A

Cargo Capacity: N/A

Misc. Equipment:

Description: The AV-01 is an answer to an ongoing problem within The Primeval; the lack of support vehicles. The AV-01 is The Primeval's first vehicle dedicated to anti-missile defenses. Equipped with two Tactical AMS' and the B1-TM3 countermeasures package, the AV-01 can jam and deactivate guided missiles in their first layer of defense and disable & destroy unguided or rogue warheads using their second layer Tactical AMS defenses. This means the only way to get around its missile defense is to overwhelm it with sheer firepower or get in close enough to disable the vehicle itself.

To ensure the AV-01 is not easily destroyed the vehicle must be placed behind a defensive line or shields. The AV-01's limited plating is capable of stopping small arms fire and light explosives but is entirely vulnerable to mass driver shells and turbolasers. Furthermore the vehicle lacks any anti-personnel and anti-vehicle weapons making the AV-01 defenseless on its own.

Strengths:
Anti-missile: The AV-01 is supreme in anti-missile defenses thanks to its two layer system.

Weaknesses:
Light Armour: The vehicle's plating is relatively thin making it vulnerable to massdrivers, turbolasers, and armour-piercing weapons.
Defenseless: Without any actual weapons or shields to speak of, the AV-01 relies entirely on other vehicles and infantry to defend it.

Primary Source: N/A

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Popo"]
The B1-TM3 may have been submitted with fleeing in mind but it doesn't strictly say it's only for starships. And the citing about the size of warships is vague and seems more for balancing purposes than realism (i.e. 'apart from dedicated ECM ships').

It is also suitable as a defensive emplacement on ground facilities.
I'd like to consider that, and two of three of its main components the technology is based on--the missile deactivation emitters and Anti-Ordnance EM Probes--being used by armies in canon; that it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that this technology can be scaled easily and it could be placed on a large enough vehicle. With its current dimensions the AV-01 is somewhat larger than your typical moving truck.

If you'd still prefer, I could link the two canon articles above as components--assuming that's acceptable--instead of the B1-TM3; I just felt that the B1-TM3 was easier to judge in terms of strengths and weaknesses for the writers who use the vehicle and those who oppose it as well. It's more limited than its canon counterparts in that limitations are actually specified.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
True, it does say it can be installed on ground facilities as well as ships, but this statement found at the end of the submission:

and cannot be installed on any warship smaller than a heavy cruiser
States that the facility would have to be of at least a moderate size for an installation. Either way, you'll not be able to put the module on the vehicle.

As for the systems you linked, both are rather ambiguous in a lot of regards. The Missile Deactivation Transmitters state they were designed by the Galactic Alliance Army, but were used to prevent damage to an alliance warship. This could be something the size of a baseball or the size of an emplacement akin to the B1-TM3. As for the Anti-Ordnance EM Probes, its more or less an E-War variant of your anti-missile system, though it fires an actual projectile at the missile to disarm it rather than rely on a laser to shoot them down.

I can see the EM Probes being loaded on the vehicle so long as a range is established as the Wookieepedia page doesn't list one, but for the Transmitters I'll need at least a 20 post thread. My reasoning is 10 posts to cover the ambiguity in size, range, etc. and 10 posts to scale to a ground vehicle. If you want, however, I'm open to a dev blog as well. I figure 1,000 words is fine. Same reasoning as the dev thread: 500 words to cover ambiguity, 500 to cover scaling.

Keep in mind, though, that the probes only function on guided munitions and that the Transmitters are vague on affecting both guided and unguided munitions as it only mentions being able to detect guidance frequencies and shutting those missiles and warheads down.

[member="Popo"]

I've got a lot on my plate right now, so I'm not sure when I'll get the dev thread in. Feel free to archive this so I'm causing needless clutter like the slob I am.

Also, get to work on the next Playhutt. I'm lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom