Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Auxiliary Plasticene Thermal Gel Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
grenade_combo_by_pixelquarry-d5bbabx.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: To provide grenades for thul infantry baster
Development Thread: None but if you require one I shall
Manufacturer: House Thul Estates
Model: A.P.T.G.G.
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Mass production
Material: Durasteel, Gunpowder, Plasticene Thermal Gel, and mini stasis field

Classification: Auxiliary grenade
Size: Hand held
Length: 15cm
Weight: 1kg
Ammunition Type: Explosive, Plasticene Thermal Gel
Ammunition Capacity:1
Effective Range: 100m when fired from the blaster, contact area only
Rate of Fire: 1

Description: This particular grenade, is designed to burn through heavy armour, or armoured vehicles.
This is done by having Plasticene therma gel, stored inside a mini stasis field.
The stasis field would become damaged when contact is made on hard surface, and then it would release the Plasticene Thermal gel.
This would become attached to the surface, and begin to burn through, similar to effects of a lightsaber.
It can be cooled, and stopped by water or cryogenic weapons, this intern would stop the burning.
Also the more resistant an armour is to a lightsaber attack, the more resistant it is to this weapon.
Simiar to http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plasticene_thermite_gel

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Elaine Thul said:
[member="Pixel"] yes please copy an edit anything you think is necessary, I am on phone. :)
The issue is, if this is nothing more than a canon item - then there would be no point pushing it through the Factory.

[member="Braith Achlys"].

Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.

Thank you!

[member="Pixel"] The main difference is, it is designed to be fired from an auxiliary launcher on a blaster I make.
The second difference is I made at mass produced, rather than minor that is in the canon version.

:)

[member="Elaine Thul"]

The primary reason wouldn't qualify as of this time because the said item doesn't exist, as for the secondary reason - production levels make no difference. This is just to clarify with you on those two points.

I am checking with another source since this is canon.

[member="Elaine Thul"], I'll be taking over this submission as well.

Canonically, plasma grenades have been primarily used as incendiary devices to create fires. As far as I've been able to look, I have not found any references to this plasma being able to pierce or burn through armor.

That doesn't mean that the concept of a grenade that burns through armor isn't viable. I might suggest looking at something like thermal well or plasticene thermite gel to get the effect of burning through armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom