Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Auxiliary Frag Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
grenade_combo_by_pixelquarry-d5bbabx.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: To provide grenades for thul infantry baster
Development Thread:None but if you require one I shall
Manufacturer: House Thul Estate

Model: A.F.G.
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Mass production

Material: Durasteel, Gunpowder
Classification: Auxiliary grenade
Size: Hand held
Length: 15cm
Weight: 1kg
Ammunition Type: Explosive, ball bearings and shrapnel
Ammunition Capacity:1
Effective Range: 100m when fired from the blaster, and 14 meter total blaster area
Rate of Fire: 1
Description: This particular grenade was designed for room clearance.
It had Durasteel outer casing, and also packed with durasteel ball bearings.
This intern would allow maximum damage in a small area, especially to lightly armoured troops.
As the ball bearings will then cut through any unprotected parts.
Though they can not penetrate heavy armour.
It has a 7 meter area effect, 14 meters in total.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Star Wars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Elaine Thul"]

Please specify damage radius to include: Kill zone and maximum blast radius (effective range) in meters. Also, I'm not sure that the ball bearings would bounce off walls in such a manner. They are most likely the same as a Claymore mine and would simply shred through the soft targets and embed in hard targets. Can you please explain how they would bounce - considering they're solid durasteel?

In addition, claiming their pathing be unpredictable for Force users is similar to god-moding and forcing someone to take a hit. Remove this clause.

You also state they cannot penetrate heavy armor? Please specify.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

Again, major reduction.

Kill radius of an m67 fragmentation grenade is 5 meters. I suggest 5 meters. Maximum effective range of 15 meters.

Also please read the additional notes above, I need more answers please.

Elaine Thul said:
As the ball bearings will bounce of the walls, and then cut through any unprotected parts.
The fact the ball bearings are bouncing, also makes there movement unpredictable to force users.
Though they can not penetrate heavy armour, and also after initial bounce it starts to lose momentum.
I need explanations on the above.

How does solid durasteel bounce off walls?

How does this trump Force precognition?

Remove the last sentence please.

[member="Pixel"] I am on phone I will happily accept any edit you feel necessary, as it's impossible to do at moment. Please edit as you see fit, and anything I seriously disagree with, which I doubt, I shall ask for a modification. :)

[member="Elaine Thul"]

I can archive them for you and when you're ready to make edits, have them pulled out of the Archives.

It's an easy in and out - I will request I stay the judge on them for continuity purposes. Does this work?

Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.

Thank you!

Elaine Thul said:
As the ball bearings will bounce of the walls, and then cut through any unprotected parts.
The fact the ball bearings are bouncing, also makes there movement unpredictable to force users.
Though they can not penetrate heavy armour, and also after initial bounce it starts to lose momentum.

Pixel said:
I need explanations on the above.

How does solid durasteel bounce off walls?

How does this trump Force precognition?

Remove the last sentence please.
Okay
1: Ball bearings bounce, when given they have enough force behind them.
I have seen this with catapults, also heard that bullets also ricochets of walls in some circumstances.

2: This effect is similar to cannon effect of a lanvaroks

3: I will happily remove last sentence, though I would like some way saying they do not bounce indefinitely, and have less power behind it after any initial bounce if possible.

[member="Pixel"] :)

[member="Elaine Thul"]

Alright, so let's look at this.

I can take a steel ball bearing right now and throw it against the wall and it will do nothing. If I blow up a satchel with many of them inside, they will do nothing but explode outwards and embed into the nearest soft/hard target. There are several real world examples of this. Bouncing Betty, Claymore. Etc. This simply does not happen. A catapult or a canon ball fired in an direct line and bouncing off a ground is completely different concept than a fragmentation grenade. If the angle is correct, there is a slim chance that the bearing might deflect off and go to wherever it stops - it won't simply bounce around.

The object you linked is an imbued polearm/melee weapon and has no relevance to the actual submission.

The removal of the last sentence was not depending on how many bounces. There are no bounces.

Please see the following videos.

https://youtu.be/kDqaeMGMAWk

and

https://youtu.be/pfbhcqrKtno

and finally - https://youtu.be/DC6i6dRGzTw?t=257

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom