Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Auxiliary Crowd Control Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
grenade_combo_by_pixelquarry-d5bbabx.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: To provide grenades for thul infantry baster
Development Thread: None but if you require one I shall
Manufacturer: House Thul Estates
Model: A.C.C.G.
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Mass production
Material: Plastoids, Gunpowder, Bothan stun spores, tear gas, as well as smoke bombs.

Classification: Auxiliary grenade
Size: Hand held
Length: 15cm
Weight: 1kg
Ammunition Type: Gas canister
Ammunition Capacity:1
Effective Range: 100m when fired from the blaster, and 20 meter total blaster area, 10 meters from core
Rate of Fire: 1

Description: This particular grenade was designed to keep the peasants in line, via non lethal means.
Unlike most grenades it had a plastoid casing, so not to harm anyone with shrapnal damage to much.
However it has when it did explodes, it releases three gas compositions, to harass crowds.
The Bothan Stun Spores, this would help knock out anyone who had no rebreather system.
However in a confined space and or used against people in a confined space it can prove to be deadly.
The second of these was tears gas, this was an irritant to make people with unprotected skin and eyes, will begin to itch and cry.
The last was smoke, this would reduce the vision, of those who where not incapacitated by the other gasses.
It ha an area effect of 10 meters from it's core, and will stay in the area subject to wind speeds.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Star Wars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Elaine Thul"]

20 Meters is a huge radius. Reduce this down to about 10 Meters. That's maximum effective range - wind non withstanding.

Chloroform in a gas compound can be deadly to prolonged exposure. What you're proposing is not a crowd control method. Have you done research on different chemical components?

I suggest you phenacyl chloride or even oleoresin capsicum which is another term for pepper spray.

Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.

Thank you!

[member="Elaine Thul"]

10 Meters, Reduce it please. I gave you a real world example.

I also mentioned how your current gas would kill people within seconds, not minutes. This would not be an effective method of crowd control.

I am recommending you change this to the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CS_gas- As your primary chemical solvent.

In addition, 10 meters is more than generous in open air conditions. You would have to also account for wind and other weather effects such as humidity...etc. It is after all, a gas.

[member="Elaine Thul"], I'll be taking over this submission.

Elaine Thul said:
The cs gas, this would help knock out anyone who had no rebreather system.
However in a confind space and or used against people in a confined space it can prove to be deadly.
The second of these was tears gas, this was an irritant to make people with unprotected skin and eyes, will begin to itch and cry.
CS gas is a component of tear gas. In other words, it looks to me like this grenade has two different charges of tear gas. You might want to consider looking at another payload such as bothan stun spores if you're trying to make this grenade knock someone unconscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom