Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-Update Feature

Ronan Nakasla

R
I'll start this off saying that I think the site has an auto-update, but it seems a little sketchy and unpredictable. Now, onto the suggestion proper.

When it comes to the website, be it while browsing forums or idling on the main page, a lot can happen in a little time. People are posting, tagging, PMs are being sent. Flurries of activity all over the place. If someone stops paying attention long enough, things get out of hand. While this introduction seems to set the stage for a continual, compulsory auto-update function that makes the screen flash in a million updates per second, that's not that I'm aiming for here.

My idea is for an option in your User CP, at the bottom of the page, or in the dead space between the logo and the FORUMS tab. It would allow for the individual to choose whether to have, say, intervals of No, 5min, 15 min, or 30min updates or something like that. That way people who let Chaos idle in background tabs (like I do) have the site update itself and they can just pop in and see that they have notifications for PMs, posts, and the like.

I also had an idea to suggest that an addition be added to Chaos similar to Facebook, where the title in the tab shows current notifications as a simple number next to the site name. Like "(3) Star Wars RP". Let me know what you think, everyone, and I look forward to reading feedback.

[member="Corey's OOC"]

Jules Crux said:
That way people who let Chaos idle in background tabs (like I do) have the site update itself and they can just pop in and see that they have notifications for PMs, posts, and the like.
Yes, that works, but he's talking about a much more convenient solution when you afk or do something else while the SWRP tab is up. You'd be more likely to answer a notification if it auto updated for you and showed in the tab than if you eventually came back, restarted and then realized that you have all these notifications.

I support this auto update feature suggestion.

I do agree with this as well. When you have your attention on something else, it is pretty hard to get your attention back on SWRP just to check out if you had any PMs, Notifications or a reply to one of your threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom