Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Aurelius-Class Decryption Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide a computer program which quickly and efficiently decrypts classified communications.
  • Development Thread: [And Try to Think] [2121 Words]
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Helix Syndicate
  • Affiliation: Helix Syndicate
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Minor
  • Model: Aurelius-Class Decryption Engine
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Computer Program
  • Materials: Code
TRAITS
  • [Strength] Excellent at decrypting programs.
  • [Strength] Can be keyed to additional languages native to or spoken in the Braxant and surrounding sectors.
  • [Weakness] Great difficulty parsing other languages.
  • [Weakness] Cannot do anything other than decrypt transmissions and flag for key words spoken.
DESCRIPTION

The Aurelius-Class Decryption Engine is a special computer program illegally derived from the H01 Artificial Intelligence, acquired and developed through appropriately foul actions done at prices well below market value. Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap, some would perhaps speculate. In any event, it is important to note this fact because the Aurelius displays many of the base traits of these elderly AI units with a few notable trade-offs, most notably the fact that it is not truly an Artificial Intelligence and still requires some small amount of organic input and control to function properly. Additional trade-offs are noted below. That, and it lacks the capacity to assist with internal system maintenance and operations.

Both units, however, are capable of processing large amounts of information very quickly. While the H01 is useful for any general activity, the Aurelius Decryption Engine is specifically made for decrypting and analyzing communications. This is done through speech-to-text recognition and through the flagging of key words. The Decryption Engine works best when the language in question is Galactic Standard Basic, but can be keyed to other languages- most notably the languages native to the Braxant Sector and its neighbors. As it was derived from a highly advanced artificial intelligence, the Aurelius-Class Decryption Engine is the finest non-Artificial Intelligence program available in the galaxy for the decrypting intercepted communications.

The Aurelius-Class Decryption Engine is a fairly adaptable program. When handling the actual decryption of communications, it usually begins with rapidly executed brute force cracking operations. Should such a method fail, it will procede to other, more viable methods until the transmission is adequately decrypted.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Helix Syndicate"], you've certainly have enough words to meet the objective requirement. I'm not as certain about the rest of the requirements though, because while the thread definitely documents the in-character progress of the project, it doesn't seem to talk a lot about the AI itself. Let's review the requirements:

(( Objective: A thesis must be written, either in a blog or over the course of a role-play thread, consisting of the concepts of your Artificial Intelligence’s design. Scientific journal excerpts from your character’s time spent designing the Artificial Intelligence must be included. Minimum 1000 words total. ))
Can you point me to the thesis elements in the thread? Perhaps a thesis statement or areas that talk about the "concept of the artificial intelligence's design"?

If not, I'd recommend adding some sections into the thread that talk about the actual reverse engineering of the H01, which I think would be an excellent opportunity to compare and contrast the concepts of the original AI and where the Aeurelius differs from it.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Sorry for the delay in replying. Busy week.

The thesis statement, essentially, is the fourth paragraph of the first post. The concepts do not really need further development beyond that, since they're already made quite clear in both the H01 submission thread and its own accompanying development thread.

Helix Syndicate said:
The thesis statement, essentially, is the fourth paragraph of the first post.
Works for me. I'd recommend in the future adding a "how it works" blurb to the purpose stated. That will make the thesis statement stick out to the reviewer a bit more.

Helix Syndicate said:
The concepts do not really need further development beyond that, since they're already made quite clear in both the H01 submission thread and its own accompanying development thread.

I don't think that people should have to dig through other submissions to see how another submission works, especially when the objective for this restricted material includes the words: "consisting of the concepts of your Artificial Intelligence’s design". I would argue that the concepts of design would include at least a quick conceptual explanation of how something works, especially areas where it deviates from the original. But this is an arguable point. I will give the benefit of the doubt that the thread meets the objective for this restricted material.

However, I do want a rough explanation of how it works within the submission itself for ease of reference. I particularly want to know how its decryption process works, particularly given its stated purpose of the ability to "rapidly decrypt nearly any and all encoded communications ". Does it use brute force cracking techniques? Or does it use some other techniques?

Helix Syndicate said:
Production: Minor
From the Banned & Restricted Items thread:
Standard development may grant between Unique and Limited production depending on the submission, with a maximum of Minor production following additional development. Below in alphabetical order are the items and their associated objectives.
I think we have two options then. The first would be to simply change the production level to "Limited". The second would be adding more development into the original development thread or a new one.

The basic technology template now also requires all submissions to have "Strengths" and "Weaknesses" sections.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Helix Syndicate"] hey so Gir is on a LOA and I will be continuing this. So first you need to hyperlink the company's approved page found here. other than that is looks good and a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom