Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atrisian Commonwealth Discussion Thread

A thread for discussions related to the faction, the stories, the lore, or trying to divine [member="Sawa Ike"]'s dragon ramen soup recipe.

If you're new or old, feel free to use this thread to toss up an introduction as well.

------------------------------------​
I'm Bounce. I write Prince Shoma Ike, Captain Lien Beifong, and Agent Tao Liu Xian.

I somehow inherited Atrisia when I decided that I wanted to make a Galactic Alliance character and, in doing so, asked [member="Matsu Ike"] if I could create a character who was part of the family. With help from [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and [member="Zark"], I started learning and subbing lore for Atrisia and the Alliance.

And then here we are. I'm still sometimes not entirely certain how we wound up here, but it's been a very interesting story the whole way.

[member="Shoma Ike"]

Oh I see. Are we officially dom'd or are we just a protectorate at this point?

Also very interesting. Could lend to some fun plots between Zanza and Shoma - seeing that Zanza is a GA Jedi (even though she is in self-imposed exile from the Order) and would not be very supportive of the FO overlords.

Maybe we can explore this in a thread where after the GA - FO War Zanza finally returns to Atrisia?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Zanza Hijikata"]

Shoma was a GA jedi as well as a diplomat and well Atrisian force orders that are around are the Keisei (geisha), Tiantai (ultra secret religious sect) and Inquisition (internal commonwealth protection)

[member="Zanza Hijikata"]

The GA influences abound. Shoma still identifies as a member of the New Jedi Order, and I have permission from Zark for our Self-Defense Forces to use some of the GA subs (X-Wings, etc).

The answer to your question is "both": The First Order completed a dominion of Atrisia, but then did a roleplay where they signed a treaty with the Atrisian Commonwealth that makes Atrisia a Protectorate with the Commonwealth government still in charge of all but foreign affairs (we have to go through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for that).

The goal with the treaty was to avoid a direct confrontation with the First Order on any of the Atrisian planets, since the foregone conclusion is we cannot win a direct confrontation and if we operated a government in exile, the Atrisian people would lose any ability to maintain their culture/way of life. So the present arrangement is "the lesser of two evils."

[member="Shoma Ike"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

I see! By no means was I intending to drum up trouble that would jeopardize the plot you guys are developing. Was just curious, seeing Zanza is a more loose canon of a patriot.

In any case, I would like to drum a "return from exile" thread at some point. I am off this weekend (its a long weekend here in Canada and I am away with family). But, I'll try and pop something up??

If you guys have any suggestions as to what the thread should be like feel free to set some parameters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom